Turner not playing?

Barnes' words to Turner were "Get yourself right or we're not going to play ya." Looks like it's up to da kid.

I just can’t see turner not playing in this big of a game. Unless this injury is more than we believe

Reactions: The Dog
I just can’t see turner not playing in this big of a game. Unless this injury is more than we believe
Exactly, Dal. Like u said, unless there is more to his injury than we have been told, Turner plays 15 + minutes against the Zags and comes up big. Turner is the "Microwave"/"Ice-Man" and UT announces to the country that they are a team to be reckoned with, Sunday in Phoenix

Exactly, Dal. Like u said, unless there is more to his injury than we have been told, Turner plays 15 + minutes against the Zags and comes up big. Turner is the "Microwave"/"Ice-Man" and UT announces to the country that they are a team to be reckoned with, Sunday in Phoenix
The one guy that needs to step up his game and make UT more than a sw16 at best team isn't Turner, it's Alexander. He needs to start playing like a senior.

Reactions: StrangeVol
The one guy that needs to step up his game and make UT more than a sw16 at best team isn't Turner, it's Alexander. He needs to start playing like a senior.
We're not an Sweet 16 team without Turner. Just my opinion. He won us a lot of games last season and Bowden has regressed. Turner was our " ice man" and is also back up pg. Gotta have him for this team to reach their potential.

Reactions: LibertyVol

I would be surprised if he plays against Gonzaga, JMO

Reactions: Vols All Day
We're not an Sweet 16 team without Turner. Just my opinion. He won us a lot of games last season and Bowden has regressed. Turner was our " ice man" and is also back up pg. Gotta have him for this team to reach their potential.
If Turner is at his best there is no doubt this team is at a higher level, but I’m not willing to say they aren’t S16, or Top 15 this team without him. To this point they’ve essentially played without him, and yet they’re ranked #7 and took the #2 team to OT. Will there be games they may miss him, absolutely, but of our top 6 players from last year I think he’s the one that if we lost we would the least of a drop off, JMO.

If Turner is at his best there is no doubt this team is at a higher level, but I’m not willing to say they aren’t S16, or Top 15 this team without him. To this point they’ve essentially played without him, and yet they’re ranked #7 and took the #2 team to OT. Will there be games they may miss him, absolutely, but of our top 6 players from last year I think he’s the one that if we lost we would the least of a drop off, JMO.
We’re a S16 team without Turner. An Elite 8 with him.

We’re a S16 team without Turner. An Elite 8 with him.

I don’t like using NCAAT rounds because it’s all about matchups, but I agree with your premise...we are probably a Top 15-20 team without him and with him at his best we are a Top 10 team.

I don’t like using NCAAT rounds because it’s all about matchups, but I agree with your premise...we are probably a Top 15-20 team without him and with him at his best we are a Top 10 team.
Well right. Just saying difference between a top 16 team and a top 8 team

I understand your point, however, he did come off the bench vs. KU and hit some big 3's. I just don't think this team has a "go to " guard that we can count on to score when needed and Turner was huge last season taking the tough shots nobody else wanted to take. Hopefully Bowden steps up his game.

if Turner's issue isn't physical, then I'm completely shocked. Turner has always appeared to be 100% bought in to the team and CRB?

if Turner's issue isn't physical, then I'm completely shocked. Turner has always appeared to be 100% bought in to the team and CRB?
Not everyone is a Baulkman.
Some guys, like Baulkman can play through pain and discomfort. Others not so much. Turner from watching his last 2 games definitely has a problem with his shoulder not feeling right. Is what it is.

I'm starting to think that Turner won't be contributing much at all this year. My only hope is that he could actually be playing right now and the plan is to rest him as much as possible in the pre-conference and early SEC games. If he's sitting now because he's too damaged to go, then I don't think he'll be able to add much. Maybe he comes back near the end of the regular season, but I think that's too late to get him up to speed with timing and meshing with the other players.

It's looking grim IMO. I hope that JJ can step up. This is a huge opportunity for him.

I'm starting to think that Turner won't be contributing much at all this year. My only hope is that he could actually be playing right now and the plan is to rest him as much as possible in the pre-conference and early SEC games. If he's sitting now because he's too damaged to go, then I don't think he'll be able to add much. Maybe he comes back near the end of the regular season, but I think that's too late to get him up to speed with timing and meshing with the other players.

It's looking grim IMO. I hope that JJ can step up. This is a huge opportunity for him.

Apparently he’s been a full go in practice the past week to ten day, Barnes is just waiting on him to say he’s ready to play.

Reactions: Vol49er

What you are saying is probably the case. Shoulder joints are hard to heal in-season with all the repetitive motion in those joints. My guess is that he is gone for the year or a large part of it.

VN Store

Back