Turkey: Our NATO Ally

All majority Muslim countries cannot be trusted with nukes because 10 to 20 percent of those Muslims (depending on where you are) are radical Islamist's, who are basically a homicidal, apocalyptic, death cult. If they get in power in one of these countries that have nukes, no one is safe.
Pakistan, India and to a lesser extent Russia have nukes... Yet only America has actually used nukes in war.

Yeah...when i hear somebody saying we were heartless to nuke Japan i remind them that we were already strategically bombing Tokyo with comventional bombs... if we were actually TRYING to slaughter them we would have nuked Tokyo instead of a couple fishing villages....also that we asked for unconditional surrender after the 1st bomb....all the death and destruction from the 2nd bomb lies squarely on the Emperor and Japanese military leaders who refused to surrender after the first bomb. That blood is on THEIR hands. Not ours.

Yeah...when i hear somebody saying we were heartless to nuke Japan i remind them that we were already strategically bombing Tokyo with comventional bombs... if we were actually TRYING to slaughter them we would have nuked Tokyo instead of a couple fishing villages....also that we asked for unconditional surrender after the 1st bomb....all the death and destruction from the 2nd bomb lies squarely on the Emperor and Japanese military leaders who refused to surrender after the first bomb. That blood is on THEIR hands. Not ours.
Those nukes were live tests. The scientists had an idea what would happen but still weren't sure until it happened. They were different bombs and they wanted to see which was more effective. The war would have ended anyways

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Those nukes were live tests. The scientists had an idea what would happen but still weren't sure until it happened. They were different bombs and they wanted to see which was more effective. The war would have ended anyways

True it would have ended but with thousands of more American lives lost.

Many disagree with that. I don't believe it would have taken much to get it ended

We could have conventional bombed Japan for another year or two to end it but remember about the same number of people died in the fire bombing of Tokyo as the nuclear drop on Hiroshima. More people including Americans would have died had we not dropped the bombs.

True it would have ended but with thousands of more American lives lost.
There are those that think that the Red Army invasion into Manchuria and breaking their neutrality pact were just as much of a motivator as the bombingds. keep in mind that Japan and been suffering mass American bombings for weeks leading up to Hiroshima, so one more town being bombed (plus the govt not really understanding the magnitude and scope of the bombing in the days afterwards) were not necessarily enough to push japan to surrender.

There are those that think that the Red Army invasion into Manchuria and breaking their neutrality pact were just as much of a motivator as the bombingds. keep in mind that Japan and been suffering mass American bombings for weeks leading up to Hiroshima, so one more town being bombed (plus the govt not really understanding the magnitude and scope of the bombing in the days afterwards) were not necessarily enough to push japan to surrender.

Another good point. Had we not dropped the boys the soviets might have gotten a foothold in Japan and that would have ended up with another divided nation.

Agreed. I have done a lot of reading and documentary watching about the race to split the atom...the Nazis were super close and if not for espionage on a ship carrying heavy water may have beat us...i agree that both Fat Man and Little Boy were gonna be dropped somewhere...but see no reason why 1 of them couldnt have been dropped at Bikini Atoll or a similar place if Japan had surrendered. I know there were bloodthirsty generals behind the scenes too that wanted to drop them on major cities....glad that didnt happen.

Why are we concerned about a billionaire with ties to Soros?
I'm not concerned with him being jailed. He likely belongs there. Maybe you need to ask that question to the US officials who are condemning the action along with 9 other countries? That is what is triggering Turkey's response.

Because they have nukes.

At least 30 nuclear warheads at Incirlik airbase from what i have read...and a squadron of bombers to deliver them .

They border Russia and are probably the closest nukes we have to China as well that arent in the belly of a sub or aircraft carrier....

If we have to close that base and repatriate those nukes things might get messy.....

Oh..and Eff Erdogan and the whor...

VN Store

Back