Tucker Carlson Obsession Thread (merged)

True but the difference is in his case it's feigned. His whole shtick is pseudo intellectual false equivalence. He mixes in the occasional weak straw man too.

Only those predisposed to like what he says, or who lack reasoning skills (I'd point out that the two overlap quite a bit) think his show has any value whatsoever.

Lol, you're butthurt and biased.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Whatever floats your boat, but I don't know how people watch people like Maddow or Tucker, even if they agree with them. Between those two, I agree with Tucker way more than Maddow, but Tucker is difficult to listen to. He wasn't as much before this Fox show he currently has though.

Also, do people not realize that Tucker's shtick has changed fairly dramatically over time? He's never been a "liberal" per se, but he changes his style depending on which way the Republican wind is blowing. Early in his career he was very much a moderate, establishment Republican and a big backer of Dubya and the Iraq War. Had shows on CNN and MSNBC. He then became something of a libertarian, then a Tea Partier during the Obama years. Now he's a conservative populist in the Trump mold. He's been all over the map over the last 20 years.

Whatever floats your boat, but I don't know how people watch people like Maddow or Tucker, even if they agree with them. Between those two, I agree with Tucker way more than Maddow, but Tucker is difficult to listen to. He wasn't as much before this Fox show he currently has though.

Also, do people not realize that Tucker's shtick has changed fairly dramatically over time? He's never been a "liberal" per se, but he changes his style depending on which way the Republican wind is blowing. Early in his career he was very much a moderate, establishment Republican and a big backer of Dubya and the Iraq War. Had shows on CNN and MSNBC. He then became something of a libertarian, then a Tea Partier during the Obama years. Now he's a conservative populist in the Trump mold. He's been all over the map over the last 20 years.

And I used to be a democrat. It happens. People evolve. Especially once you see how psychopath the party has gone. Trump leaned democrat at one time. The one thing people who generally cross over to conservative have in common is an increase in maturity and understanding, and a true love of country. Once it becomes clear on a personal level those values have left the democratic party then they move on.

And I used to be a democrat. It happens. People evolve. Especially once you see how psychopath the party has gone. Trump leaned democrat at one time. The one thing people who generally cross over to conservative have in common is an increase in maturity and understanding, and a true love of country. Once it becomes clear on a personal level those values have left the democratic party then they move on.
There's a big difference between evolving and adopting whatever the popular shtick of the moment is. That's pretty clearly what he's doing. When Bush led the party he was allied with him, when it went through the Ron Paul and Tea Party phase he was allied with it, and now that it is in the Trump phase it is allied with it.

Notice how when politicians "evolve," it is always to move from a relatively unpopular position to a more popular one. No public figure ever evolves from a popular position to an unpopular one.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
USA Today Columnist: Fire Tucker Carlson Before He ‘Gets Someone Killed’

Tucker-Carlson-640x480.jpg

In a USA Today opinion piece published Monday, columnist Steven Petrow calls on Fox News to fire host Tucker Carlson, after blaming the conservative news personality for an uncomfortable “run-in” with a stranger who ridiculed his unnecessary outdoor mask wearing.

The essay, titled “Fox News should fire Tucker Carlson before his bullying on masks gets someone killed,” begins by stating that Carlson is taking a deadly risk with his “dangerous rhetoric” that resembles former President Trump’s “inflammatory speech” before the January Capitol Hill riot.

USA Today: Fire Tucker Carlson Before He ‘Gets Someone Killed’

Reactions: NCFisher
Too late. The conservative media is somewhat culpable in regards to a lot of the political chaos in the recent past. A lot of these programs, especially Tucker, should be aired with disclaimers.
He's been going after prominent Republicans the last couple of days. Do you not approve of that?

Too late. The conservative media is somewhat culpable in regards to a lot of the political chaos in the recent past. A lot of these programs, especially Tucker, should be aired with disclaimers.

Only sheeple that need to be told what to do or what not to do , need disclaimers . Instead of just using their noggins ....

311B25A1-2E6F-45AB-B5EF-BD8A7D6309EC.jpeg

Reactions: Y9 Vol

Consider the source of the Op Ed.
Pure partisan BS.

In a USA Today opinion piece published Monday, columnist Steven Petrow calls on Fox News to fire host Tucker Carlson, after blaming the conservative news personality for an uncomfortable “run-in” with a stranger who ridiculed his unnecessary outdoor mask wearing.

The essay, titled “Fox News should fire Tucker Carlson before his bullying on masks gets someone killed,” begins by stating that Carlson is taking a deadly risk with his “dangerous rhetoric” that resembles former President Trump’s “inflammatory speech” before the January Capitol Hill riot.

Karen

Ransack and burn USA Today and friends before they get the U.S. killed.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

Friday, April 30 Scoreboard: The Five Is No. 1 in Total Viewers; Tucker Carlson Is No. 1 Among Adults 25-54

Saturday, May 1 Scoreboard: Fox News Averages More Total Viewers in Prime Than CNN and MSNBC COMBINED

Reactions: BreatheUT

Well, that's spoken like a Marxofascist...

REVEALED: Kevin McCarthy Admits renting luxury DC apartment from powerful GOP pollster Frank Luntz, who Tucker Carlson has accused of being a secret LIBERAL

The most senior Republican in the House is renting his Washington DC home from a high-profile GOP pollster who has been accused of lobbying on behalf of 'liberal' causes, it emerged on Monday.

GOP house leader Kevin McCarthy is staying at the Penn Quarter condo owned by Frank Luntz.

Luntz, 59, runs a successful Republican polling and communications company, but in January declared that he no longer felt able to call himself a Republican.

On Friday Carlson said senior Republicans were disconnected from their supporters partly because they listen to 'conventional liberals' like Luntz, whom he accused of serving 'left-wing corporations'.

Most members of Congress rent or buy property in Washington DC, for when Congress is in session. Some stay in hotels, but most avoid staying with friends out of concern for ethics rules forbidding the acceptance of gifts.

He said that Luntz works for companies that oppose the Republican Party.

Kevin McCarthy rents Washington apartment from powerful GOP pollster Frank Luntz | Daily Mail Online

He's been going after prominent Republicans the last couple of days. Do you not approve of that?
The only credit Tucker gets from me is that he is not Sean Hannity or Greg Gutfeld. All three should come with disclaimers for the dumb.

Because I expect news without bias? Interesting leap.
Where exactly can I find this “news without bias?” Everyone news source is biased to some degree. So you admit that left wing news sources are just as biased as right wing sources? Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, and Lawrence O’Donnell are just as biased as Carlson, Hannity, and Gutfield right? or do you turn a blind eye to their bias since you probably agree with most of what they peddle?

Because I expect news without bias? Interesting leap.

I thought supporting a Marxofascist group in blackface, established upon a false premise and propagating a false narrative to couch anti-American/Western/capitalist objectives, indicates one is either a speech-stifling Marxofascist themself or ignorant of whom they support.

At any rate, the idea that Fox personalities who don't pretend to be journalists without bias should have a label suiting your sensibilities - while people/groups you patronize specialize in propaganda - is ludicrous.

While we're here, I'd like to find news without bias; turn us on to your sources, thanks.

Where exactly can I find this “news without bias?” Everyone news source is biased to some degree. So you admit that left wing news sources are just as biased as right wing sources? Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, and Lawrence O’Donnell are just as biased as Carlson, Hannity, and Gutfield right? or do you turn a blind eye to their bias since you probably agree with most of what they peddle?
I should have said news without the Murdoch bias.

To your point about equivalency, on average, I think conservative media goes a lot further than their counterpart.

VN Store

Back