Tucker Carlson Obsession Thread (merged)

It’s code for ‘patriotic American’.

I'm not so sure a watered down version of nationalist demagoguery is the same thing as patriotism.

Frankly, I don't find the vast majority of this country to be patriotic. Everyone generally looks out for their own ideological echo chambers and personal interests.

Reactions: turbovol
I'm not so sure a watered down version of nationalist demagoguery is the same thing as patriotism.

Frankly, I don't find the vast majority of this country to be patriotic. Everyone generally looks out for their own ideological echo chambers and personal interests.

By the definition of the word count me as unpatriotic.

Not everyone who voted for him was a MAGA loon. At least half of his votes were made while the person held their nose.

What is loony about no getting into further wars, winding down a 20 year misadventure, running a platform specifically mentioning greater opportunities in the black, H/Latino communities - everyone - and prosperity, then seeing that actually happen, enforcing Obama's 'red line' in Syria, the Abraham Accords which would have sent a Noble prize to any other president. Call me crazy but 5 Ways Donald Trump’s Policies Helped Black Americans doesn't sound like "old, white, conservative male dominated ways of the past". MAGA/America First is why people voted for Trump. If he never holds office again, they'll vote for the next guy embracing that idea.

Last edited:

Nationalism - a sense of binding, national identity - is a necessary component of a healthy functioning society and I don't distinguish between it and patriotism. You get to live your life, I live mine, we agree to not become a burden on each other which we do by pursuing our own personal interest and being paid what our labor, service, or goods is worth to our fellow human. We don't coerce each other or ask government to coerce on our behalf. And we don't mind-fk children via public education instead of preparing them to provide service for fellow humans.

I see lots of that, but those are the acquaintances I keep.

Nationalism - a sense of binding, national identity - is a necessary component of a healthy functioning society and I don't distinguish between it and patriotism. You get to live your life, I live mine, we agree to not become a burden on each other which we do by pursuing our own personal interest and being paid what our labor, service, or goods is worth to our fellow human. We don't coerce each other or ask government to coerce on our behalf. And we don't mind-fk children via public education instead of preparing them to provide service for fellow humans.

I see lots of that, but those are the acquaintances I keep.

You need to realize that the vast majority of voters do not see patriotism as this.

Most people tend to have a different definition of what patriotism means. As for the bolded comments, that is what (partially) makes this country great & unique. Many of us hang out with other people that we see eye to eye with or share similar ideals/views whether that is religious, political, economic etc. I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood with families that vary in ethnicity, race, nationality, and religion. Obviously, there will always be disagreements, however, as Americans it is important to maintain civility. Not sure what was discussed before this post and I didn't bother to research. Carry on dudes.

Reactions: luthervol
Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but looks like trouble for another d-bag in Tucker's same vertical. Who would have believed Crowder was such a POS?

Exclusive: Video Reveals Steven Crowder Emotionally Abusing Wife. In Statement, Hilary Crowder's Family Says She Hid His Emotionally Abusive Behavior For Years
That dude has had a bad 2023 so far. Remember earlier in the year he had that huge dispute with The Daily Wire, and now this. I wonder who leaked this video. Had to be his wife, right?

What is loony about no getting into further wars, winding down a 20 year misadventure, running a platform specifically mentioning greater opportunities in the black, H/Latino communities - everyone - and prosperity, then seeing that actually happen, enforcing Obama's 'red line' in Syria, the Abraham Accords which would have sent a Noble prize to any other president. Call me crazy but 5 Ways Donald Trump’s Policies Helped Black Americans doesn't sound like "old, white, conservative male dominated ways of the past". MAGA/America First is why people voted for Trump. If he never holds office again, they'll vote for the next guy embracing that idea.

First, trump is an obvious racist, so there's that. Second, the "five ways Trump policies helped black Americans" is mostly nonsense. To name one example, fixing Flint, Michigan's water system was a not a policy to help black people. Ha, ha--how lame. The city's water system was antiquated and not working: It had to be fixed like any major problem with the potential to affect the health of people gets fixed. African Americans voted //overwhelmingly// for Biden. If they thought the gangster really enacted policies to help them, they would have voted for him. They didn't.

Course I do.

Then we disagree on a lot of things but agree on the fundamental, important things. We should lead with that good will premise more often, but I'm guilty too.

Through the lens of political forums and media, it's two gnashing sides. Apart from that, I think the center mass voting block would agree on many fundamentals of America in civil conversation. Whereas we, standing in the muck with galoshes on sometimes daily, forget that.

I could be absolutely wrong.

That dude has had a bad 2023 so far. Remember earlier in the year he had that huge dispute with The Daily Wire, and now this. I wonder who leaked this video. Had to be his wife, right?

Yeah, they're getting divorced, so I assume it's her. He revealed that she was divorcing him and argued on his show that it should be illegal for her to divorce him if he doesn't want the divorce and if there is no abuse. I guess she filed back in 2021.

First, trump is an obvious racist, so there's that. Second, the "five ways Trump policies helped black Americans" is mostly nonsense. To name one example, fixing Flint, Michigan's water system was a not a policy to help black people. Ha, ha--how lame. The city's water system was antiquated and not working: It had to be fixed like any major problem with the potential to affect the health of people gets fixed. African Americans voted //overwhelmingly// for Biden. If they thought the gangster really enacted policies to help them, they would have voted for him. They didn't.

Obviously, but without substantiation; baffling. So you approve of the other four items, and it's indisputable that the gangster really did help them.

By your logic, Black Americans only send their children to good schools because they love them and want quality education to prepare them for life, and only vote for Democrats because they enact educational policies to help their kids.

Except we know how tragically laughable that is, don't we? Why Black Kids Get Trapped in Failing Schools

Of course they love their children but keep voting for victimology preaching leftists who ensure more of the same. So I can't tell you why more blacks should have voted for Republicans but don't. Nor can I tell you why they vote for Democrats at all.

Lawrence Jones stepping in for Tucker Carlson at Fox News next week

Jones, 30, who anchors “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” on Fox News on Saturday nights, will host in Carlson’s former 8 p.m. slot from Monday as the network continues with a rotating line-up of anchors.

Garland, Texas, native Jones joined the network in December 2018, and was named the host of the weekend primetime program “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” in January 2022.

A media insider told us, “Fox News is trying out a rotating list of anchors in Tucker’s spot — this week it has been ‘Fox & Friends” Brian Kilmeade — but it is significant that they have chosen Jones to step up so soon after Tucker’s departure.”

1682724934796.png

Jones, who worked in the Obama campaign when he was 15, reported live from Uvalde, Texas, after the mass shooting that killed 19 children and two adults, and has also covered the death of Tyre Nichols, the Idaho murders, nationwide protests following the death of George Floyd and the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on minority communities across the country.

Lawrence Jones stepping in for Tucker Carlson at Fox News

Meanwhile, conservative news outlet Newsmax is making a major push to woo Carlson, even floating the possibility that he could run programming for the entire channel, and not just his own show, sources told TMZ.

Carlson has been cryptic about his plans in remarks this week to DailyMail.com, and a video statement posted on Twitter, and is currently barred from formal job negotiations due to his Fox News contract.

While Newsmax hasn't made any formal job offer, execs at the channel have been peppering Carlson's confidants with informal proposals that he could take a leading role in rebranding the channel and overseeing programming, according to TMZ.

Lawrence Jones is named as Tucker Carlson's next rotating replacement | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back