Tua's dad

OK, corporal punishment for some things, but for throwing an INT? Harsh, man, harsh.

OK, corporal punishment for some things, but for throwing an INT? Harsh, man, harsh.
Its wasn't heard of for my father to use it, but not for something as silly as that. Its called being a horrible parent. (insert Flashbacks of Todd Marinovich)

I've heard similar stories from other Polynesian kids. It's a apparently a cultural thing, but it's really twisted.

I've heard similar stories from other Polynesian kids. It's a apparently a cultural thing, but it's really twisted.

Like you said, a cultural thing we don't understand I suppose. Still seems beyond harsh.

Meant to ask you in the other thread but it got so watered down, do you believe Hurts is really serious about transferring or just testing the waters to see what comes available?

Meant to ask you in the other thread but it got so watered down, do you believe Hurts is really serious about transferring or just testing the waters to see what comes available?

I have figured all along that Hurts was going to transfer. I was really pleased that he chose to stay through this season. If he wants any shot at the NFL he has to transfer, and I assume he will. I wish him luck.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I have figured all along that Hurts was going to transfer. I was really pleased that he chose to stay through this season. If he wants any shot at the NFL he has to transfer, and I assume he will. I wish him luck.
I know its a long shot but do you feel he may give Tennessee a look or do you look for him to look outside of the SEC?

I know its a long shot but do you feel he may give Tennessee a look or do you look for him to look outside of the SEC?
Why would he be looking at Tennessee? He plays for Alabama.

Hurts is a different story as he can grad transfer and play right away.

I wouldn't say Tennessee has no shot, but I doubt it's a great shot. I think the odds are that he goes outside the SEC.

Well, if you followed along you would see our conversation turned to Hurts.
I see you mentioned him, didn't put two and two together. (My bad)

Tennessee would not be a bad option for him, just my two cents. (no information)

There are going to be some more come out in the next few days as far as transfers.

I see you mentioned him, didn't put two and two together. (My bad)

Tennessee would not be a bad option for him, just my two cents. (no information)

There are going to be some more come out in the next few days as far as transfers.
No problem, I ultimately think Hurts ends up at Houston or FAU

Yeah, that's bad. I got spanked as a kid but never because I performed poorly in a sport.

Being forced to throw lefty is bad/weird for a variety of reasons. Usually with parents like that, they're afraid of the stigma of being a lefty, and they force their naturally left-handed kid to throw right-handed. There's also a stigma with left-handed QBs; the vast majority are right handed. His dad forced him to be left-handed because he's left-handed. What an idiot.

If you watch that video, anything that Tua wants is of secondary, or of no, concern. What if Tua wanted to go to USC? It's presented as this great story, which it is on one hand, but not on the other. For every kid that kind of thing is good for, I bet it ruins 20.

I listened to/watched the video. They talked about spankings as discipline, but I never heard anywhere where he received one for throwing an interception or playing poorly in a game. His dad said he was hard on him about picking apart his game afterwards. But I never saw anything about a beating. I saw the reference from Tua, but that seemed a little vague to me.

Last edited:
I listened to/watched the video. They talked about spankings as discipline, but I never heard anywhere where he received one for throwing an interception or playing poorly in a game. His dad said he was hard on him about picking apart his game afterwards. But I never saw anything about a beating. I saw the reference from Tua, but that seemed a little vague to me.
It depends on if you consider a spanking to be a beating. I do not, but a lot of people today do. Tua explicitly says he got spanked after bad games.

At 1:23 in the video, Tua said if he didn't perform in a game he was "gonna get it afterwards." Rinaldi presses him and he goes on to say "just know that the belt was involved and other things are involved as well." He's definitely saying he got spanked after he didn't play well in games, which is quite different, IMO, from spanking your kid because they were disrespectful or misbehaved.

It depends on if you consider a spanking to be a beating. I do not, but a lot of people today do. Tua explicitly says he got spanked after bad games.

At 1:23 in the video, Tua said if he didn't perform in a game he was "gonna get it afterwards." Rinaldi presses him and he goes on to say "just know that the belt was involved and other things are involved as well." He's definitely saying he got spanked after he didn't play well in games, which is quite different, IMO, from spanking your kid because they were disrespectful or misbehaved.

I know the part you're talking about. Where he talks about if he didn't perform well he got the belt. There's a voice over talking about playing ball beforehand. And then it cuts to him talking about performing. I would never spank any of my kids for playing poorly. And I wouldn't condone it for anyone else. I guess I'm just a little leery of journalism and video editing. But I definitely see your perspective on it.

I've seen worse.. A childhood friend of mine and his brother were once forced to strip to their whitey tighties and beat with a hot wheel track head to toe by their grandfather. The reason for this punishment was the ir grandmother had a car wreck that day and blamed the boys bad grades for the wreck....... He threatened to whip me one time. I told him he have to kill me if he layed a finger on me. I was eleven..

I always hated that bastard..

I know, cool story brah..

Reactions: VolNExile
Ahh whatever a belt doesn't hurt too long.... now a switch on the other hand, those could draw blood. If he switched him for a bad game, that's a bit overboard imo

If he wants a shot at the NFL, he needs to work on skills at another position. He could do that at Bama.

VN Store

Back