Trying to Ruin Running Through the "T"!

CWGvol

Every single game, like LSU, the opposing team intentionally runs out while we are running through the "T"!
This is really pi**ing me off and everyone is doing it. Even the commentators mentioned it as a "surprise". I believe we should respect each others traditions. I wouldnt want TN to do this to other teams. Its part of what make college football great! However if they dont stop then we should do the same. Run onto the field as soon as they start running out!

Have I just not noticed before? I dont think so, DD needs to address this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I saw that too, I agree OP. It might not mean much to other teams but it means a lot to us. You should respect your teams traditions no matter what. This would be an easy fix

Shouldn't expect much less from classless teams coached by classless coaches.... Seems there are a few of those out there....

Reactions: 3 people
I saw that and was wondering why we unlocked the opposing team's locker room so early. Seems like we could control this in our own house.

Reactions: 3 people
Every single game, like LSU, the opposing team intentionally runs out while we are running through the "T"!
This is really pi**ing me off and everyone is doing it. Even the commentators mentioned it as a "surprise". I believe we should respect each others traditions. I wouldnt want TN to do this to other teams. Its part of what make college football great! However if they dont stop then we should do the same. Run onto the field as soon as they start running out!

Have I just not noticed before? I dont think so, DD needs to address this.

Dooley calling another coach and asking this would be weakness. Hopefully next yr we will be able to do something about it on the field. Let's send the message like grown men. This happens everywhere. The visiting teams does this just to piss off the home team. It's called the art of war. Spurrier invented it in the early 90's.

Reactions: 1 person
Then let them come out first before us, it's annoying to hear the boos raining down on opponents while our team is still running out.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You crybabies take the shape of the coaches and the play on the field.

This is nothing new, and has been going on for a long time. The GA team waited to run out after we already did, so not every team does this. Most of them do though.

Not the first time, won't be the last. And I don't waste my breath booing an opponent. I save it all to cheer for the Vols.

Now the officials on the other hand.....

Then don't boo. Seems simple.

exactly.

And further:

the booing when the Pride of the Southland did its usual playing of the opponents' fight song, which it has always done as a means of showing the southern hospitality it has always held as a tradition....just embarrassing, seriously

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe next time a coach lets his team do that in Neyland, you send your team out there to kick their asses and you tell him after the game that **** won't fly here.

Until that happens, expect to get treated however the hell they want to treat you.

Last edited:
exactly.

And further:

the booing when the Pride of the Southland did its usual playing of the opponents' fight song, which it has always done as a means of showing the southern hospitality it has always held as a tradition....just embarrassing, seriously

I agree with this. We do it for a reason, don't be a redneck piece of trash and boo it.

Which bring up this question - Has any band ever played Rocky Top for TN? I think it is a classy thing the Pride does.

Maybe next time a coach let's his team do that in Neyland, you send your team out there to kick their asses and you tell him after the game that **** won't fly here.

Until that happens, expect to get treated however the hell they want to treat you.

This

This may seem trivial, but I cant stand to be disrespected. We can force the respect. There are hundreds of police officers at the game. Just have some of them line up in front of the opposing team and move once it is OK for them to hit the field.
I know Dooley has too much class to let this happen, but if i was coach and teams were disrespecting our tradition, they would be greeted with a pre game fight next time they tried to do it. A La Miami, FSU.

Big deal. I've seen us on the road run out in the middle of pregame in at least 3 places. Nobody really cares.

I don't think LSU ran out while we were running through the T..Because I remember Verne saying something like that LSU came out earlier and I believe they were just showing the recording of them running out. But I wasn't at the game, so I dunno.

VN Store

Back