Trump's Taxes

I could make do very nicely with $.25B. That would fund a lot of the toys that I lust over and still leave a lot left.

A quarter of that is 2.5BB, not .25BB

Of course, had he invested the hundreds of millions he inherited in an index fund, he'd be worth a lot more than 2.5BB..

Yes, it does. If the Times fabricated everything it’s a bullcrap lie of a story for political influence. They need the actual tax returns for it to be truthful as anything less is purely speculative on their part.

Did Snowden, Ellsberg and Assange have legitimate factual information or was it all make believe info?
I highly doubt that they have "fabricated everything". Your posts are ridiculous.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Yes, it does. If the Times fabricated everything it’s a bullcrap lie of a story for political influence. They need the actual tax returns for it to be truthful as anything less is purely speculative on their part.

Did Snowden, Ellsberg and Assange have legitimate factual information or was it all make believe info?

You know if Trump released his returns and it showed that the NYT report was materially incorrect, it would likely kill that newspaper....

You know what, I agree. If the story is false, donald can release his actual returns and clear all of this up. They are literally painting him as a broke, debt ridden con man. He should want to clear his name. I mean how can you be broke and self fund a presidential campaign 🤔 🤔🤔🤔🤔

He doesn’t even have to release them for this. In their exuberant attempt at a “gotcha moment” on the President the Times may have stepped in their own poop. An IRS investigation into the source of the info to determine if actual tax returns were acquired can force the Times hand to either admit to fabrication or possession of the returns. If they have the returns and the DOJ determines that a media outlet having them poses a national security risk then the Times is in deep poop.

The Times might have wanted to pay a wee bit more attention to the wording of the extra charges brought against Julian and the basis of law for those charges...lol

Reactions: tennvols77 and AM64
I highly doubt that they have "fabricated everything". Your posts are ridiculous.
I would bet that the information that the NYT is using is largely correct.

The way they are framing some of the more salicious details, however, does lack some journalistic integrity...

"China will own the United States if Joe Biden is elected." - Donald Trump has said this a lot during the campaign.

$211 million of Trump's debt is through the Bank of China and is scheduled to mature in 2022.

Maybe Trump feels the same way I do about the Chinese. If they want to collect on their debt, let them come get it. If they want to play a more reasonable game, then they should pay us for all the stuff they've stolen from us - like technical and military know how for starters. Wait til we have to deal with the Chinese anchor brat tourist agency that Obama and Co allowed.

Dude says he's worth well in excess of $10BB. Forbes, etc put it at a fraction of that. Or is that fake news too?
Just looking at the volume of loans that Trump was able to secure while his properties were reporting consistent and substantial losses, it is more likely than not that Trump has been guilty of bank fraud.

If you think that your side is pristine, vote for them. If you want one party rule, and like what it has done to California, Oregon, Washington, and even Venezuela, vote for your guys. I think that you liberals will eventually win and take over, but some time down the road, when you get older, you will realize what you have done. I'll be laughing at you stupid f***s from the grave.

Sorry man, I don’t have a side. I am 54. I have wasted plenty of votes on third party candidates in local and national elections over the years. I tend to lean towards the person that drives a car, knows how to pump gas and seems like they know how to handle a grocery store. Mostly, are they a halfway decent human being. That’s sad I guess, but it is what it is. I care a lot more about the truth than his taxes, I think his character is pretty well established by now.

Maybe Trump feels the same way I do about the Chinese. If they want to collect on their debt, let them come get it. If they want to play a more reasonable game, then they should pay us for all the stuff they've stolen from us - like technical and military know how for starters. Wait til we have to deal with the Chinese anchor brat tourist agency that Obama and Co allowed.
That was an old story... It looks like he has since refinanced that debt with some other entity. He probably didn't want that out there during his re-election year. Smart.

Just looking at the volume of loans that Trump was able to secure while his properties were reporting consistent and substantial losses, it is more likely than not that Trump has been guilty of bank fraud.

The question I've asked throughout is are these true operating losses or are the losses from the result of significant tax planning to shift profits (i.e. intellectual property) to tax havens overseas, which creates losses in the US

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Also leverage. For security clearances, they look at credit.....how could he pass any security clearance with 400 MM in debt, that is personally guaranteed? I mean this guy claims losses every year of doing business. 🤷🏽‍♂️

If you know it and everybody else knows it, then by definition it can't be a security risk because it's not a secret. Besides nobody vetted Obama and that was OK "because the people made the choice". Pick a lane and stay in it.

Joe and Jill Biden have released their tax returns for the last three years, which was standard for major party nominees prior to Trump.

So. Joe has been unemployed for the past 3 years. I was talking about the years when he was increasing his net worth in ways the his government salary couldn't cover ... and the conflict of interest that goes with it.

Also leverage. For security clearances, they look at credit.....how could he pass any security clearance with 400 MM in debt, that is personally guaranteed? I mean this guy claims losses every year of doing business. 🤷🏽‍♂️

If you had $4MM debt on a $10MM home, is that any different than $400MM on a $1B worth of property

Reactions: McDad
Reading this thread could lead one to believe leftists don’t understand the nuances of business or taxes or legal shelters... If you have a leftist accountant they may be costing you money every year. 🤣

Ha, I think I'm pretty well versed in the nuances of business taxes...

I don't like DJT but I havent seen anything damning from a legality standpoint yet and I doubt I will due to the high $$$ accountant's he uses.

Ha, I think I'm pretty well versed in the nuances of business taxes...

I don't like DJT but I havent seen anything damning from a legality standpoint yet and I doubt I will due to the high $$$ accountant's he uses.
If there is anything to worry about on the legal front, it would have to be bank fraud. How was he getting all of these loans?

A quarter of that is 2.5BB, not .25BB

Of course, had he invested the hundreds of millions he inherited in an index fund, he'd be worth a lot more than 2.5BB..

Original quote
BigOrangeMojo said:
You won't get to the penny obviously but you can get close. If you had access to business returns, K1s, etc, you can figure out ownership percentages, you can see the assets generating the income, you can figure out if there's any personal debt. I bet you wont see a net worth in excess of $10BB like he claims but something less than a quarter of that.

I misread your number $10BB as $108B. Perhaps things have changed since I graduated with engineering degrees from UT, but back then the unit for billion was B - not BB. But you are correct that a quarter of $10B is $2.5B. That's much better than a paltry $.25B

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back