Trump Talks To President Of Taiwan, Sending Strong Message To Communist China

Huff is actually crying because Trump spoke with the leader of Taiwan. He's pissing his pants over it.

Let's all let that soak in. This is awesome.

Reactions: 6 people
China's. If California declared independence and we didn't recognize it, China would be undermining our sovereignty by holding diplomatic meetings with them, would they not?

Good foreign policy = golden rule

So we should not speak with India's leader but Great Britain?

And Spain should talk to Great Britain instead of Obama?

Chinese Taipei has a weird history. We never lost California and then regained it. I see ur point but this is just a tad different...I think.

It has no intrinsic value, but it holds value if we honor their claim (and all other debts that are mounting at an astronomical rate).

Same could be said about gold and diamonds and hell even lobster as it used to be the food of prisoners.

Also if we dishonor our t bills we pretty much just slit the throat of the us economy and all banks holing those. It would be mass chaos.

We stuck.

We've had this policy for 47 years, through both Dem and GOP administrations, through multiple accords and agreements. Guess Trump just knows better, huh?

"We've had slaves for hundreds of years, but I guess that Abe Lincoln just knows better, huh?"

-LG in past life

"Earth has been flat for centuries but I guess that Aristotle just knows better, huh?"

-LG in ancient life

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Oh, you Trumpers are in for a sore surprise. It's like watching a train wreck approaching, you all are running to get on the tracks, and there's nothing the rest of us can do about it. We'll also have to suffer it with you.

Oh, you Trumpers are in for a sore surprise. It's like watching a train wreck approaching, you all are running to get on the tracks, and there's nothing the rest of us can do about it. We'll also have to suffer it with you.

If somebody had been paying attention to China's move into the E China Sea islands and supported the affected countries appropriately at the time, then a bigger confrontation might have been avoided. Obama was too busy golfing, hosting rap parties, and handing out gold medals to celebrities to notice; and Clinton as SOS, well, ...

These islands are far closer to the Philippines and Vietnam than China. This buildup is very similar to the USSR arming Cuba with offensive missiles (except China had to dredge and build the islands), and nobody regionally has the might that the US had to push back.

Firey Cross Reef (one of the militarized islands), for example sits almost equidistant between Vietnam, the Philippines, and Indonesia - approximately 300 miles from each - roughly 400 miles ESE of Saigon. A perfect spot for blocking the sea lanes - except China is also claiming the airspace around the islands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Still off your meds I see.

So we should not speak with India's leader but Great Britain?

And Spain should talk to Great Britain instead of Obama?

Chinese Taipei has a weird history. We never lost California and then regained it. I see ur point but this is just a tad different...I think.

GB recognizes India's independence.

GB recognizes our independence.

It's not comparable.

Nobody cares.

I'm surprised that you, someone who advocates for an-cap and virtually total freedom is defending China's sovereignty. What about Taiwan's and the people who live there and their sovereignty?

"We've had slaves for hundreds of years, but I guess that Abe Lincoln just knows better, huh?"

-LG in past life

"Earth has been flat for centuries but I guess that Aristotle just knows better, huh?"

-LG in ancient life

There's an obvious difference between the two examples of SCIENTIFIC FACT you cite, versus MANAGEMENT OF SUBJECTIVE HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS.

Let's see if you can figure out the difference. If it helps, I've given you a hint in the above.

I hope this guy we elected knows what the heck he's doing with his "China policy," because, thus far, all I've seen are American allies - like Japan and Australia - fleeing to China's proposed trade bloc (since TPP is evidently dead in the water) and a China that takes Taiwan far more seriously than a Donald J. Trump could ever imagine very anxious about a boy who plays far too much with his little Twitter.

Before the Trump election, China taking over the top spot in world economics was not an inevitability. Now, however, if he indeed makes good on his tweets, I think China's assumption to top dog is pretty much cemented.

But, hey, #winning.

I hope this guy we elected knows what the heck he's doing with his "China policy," because, thus far, all I've seen are American allies - like Japan and Australia - fleeing to China's proposed trade bloc (since TPP is evidently dead in the water) and a China that takes Taiwan far more seriously than a Donald J. Trump could ever imagine very anxious about a boy who plays far too much with his little Twitter.

Before the Trump election, China taking over the top spot in world economics was not an inevitability. Now, however, if he indeed makes good on his tweets, I think China's assumption to top dog is pretty much cemented.

But, hey, #winning.

Don't forget his affinity for trade wars.

Let me get this straight. We are going to oppose TTP, which would have given U.S. companies more access to Asian trade markets and also more influence in Southeast Asia. So the Chinese are going to fill the void with their own TTP trade deal with will give them more access to markets and influence in Southeast Asia. What the hell have we done?????

Reactions: 1 person
Let me get this straight. We are going to oppose TTP, which would have given U.S. companies more access to Asian trade markets and also more influence in Southeast Asia. So the Chinese are going to fill the void with their own TTP trade deal with will give them more access to markets and influence in Southeast Asia. What the hell have we done?????

Gotten #Trumped, that's what we've done.

I'm surprised that you, someone who advocates for an-cap and virtually total freedom is defending China's sovereignty. What about Taiwan's and the people who live there and their sovereignty?

An-cap has nothing to do with it. We are talking about diplomacy in our current world. This is how it works, unless you want to risk provoking war. I think we should avoid war with anybody for a number of reasons.

We're going to hell in a handbasket. The parallels with the rise of communism are very similar. The blue collar laborers (proletariat) are sick of this **** and they'll shoot themselves in the foot just to give the appearance of fixing things.

We've pulled out of a deal that would've taken the food off the tables of people in America. Deal with it.

Can you imagine the backlash from Republicans had a President-elect Hillary made these statements about taxing businesses and raising tariffs, particularly in regards to Chinese goods? They'd blow their lids straight off.

But, hey, Make America Great Again, so it's cool now, apparently.

I'm not a free-roving free-marketer, but what the heck. To be fair to Trump, there is a time soon approaching when the nationalization of transnational corporations will be required, should they continue on this route. But we don't have to take quite these drastic of measures (just short of nationalization) just yet. It's not inevitable, just yet.

Both of our parties are just absolutely lost in a wilderness of mirrors right now. We'll be lucky to get out of this period stronger than we were before.

We've pulled out of a deal that would've taken the food off the tables of people in America. Deal with it.

That deal might have taken food off some tables, but it was going to put more food on more tables.

You guys are standing in the way of economic progress. You are trying to freeze our economy in time. Think about that. Or don't...just **** us all over without thinking about it.

VN Store

Back