True Random Thoughts

Amanda Gorman is purdy.
958077885.jpg

The above random post was a good resuscitation of this thread. @82_VOL_83 just couldn't refrain from spraying his urine everywhere.

Stuff.
I am on the ARC committee in my sub. Neighbor, who is the HOA president, put up a lean-to carport. No ARC review. Sub is going nuts... folks want to hang him high. I have been sitting back to see where I need to try to help. No one asked me to participate... so the VP called me to inform me they were going after him with lawyers. I said... wait, let me talk to the guy and see if I can get him to comply. No one wanted that... but I said I was going to do it any. Well, the is out of town so could not talk to him. I met wit 2 others in the ARC, and we generated a list of action the owner needed to respond to and we could help him. That pissed off the folks that ware out to get him. The VP calls me and started telling me I was Kate to the party and I need to back off.
Well... I did not realize I could still get pissed off. He raised his voice to me and told me to list and stop talking. I blew a gasket, and went off on home... every 4 letter word I knew. Sometime later, he agreed to let me try to convince this guy to cooperate. I calmed down.., then another lady called and told me I was full of it to try this. Awe me.., I told both of them to take me off the committee... but I was going to try to rationalize with the guy to get in line with our codes.
Long story... but HOAs are fawked up... too many agendas.
tkdnr!!!!

God bless you.

We will never, ever live in a neighborhood with an HOA. Never, ever. We have no interest whatsoever in living among people who are so prissy. While I understand no one really wants to have an 80’ tower of a duck looming over their back deck, living among people who get unpleasantly excited about controlling my use of my land isn’t very pleasant.

Stuff.
I am on the ARC committee in my sub. Neighbor, who is the HOA president, put up a lean-to carport. No ARC review. Sub is going nuts... folks want to hang him high. I have been sitting back to see where I need to try to help. No one asked me to participate... so the VP called me to inform me they were going after him with lawyers. I said... wait, let me talk to the guy and see if I can get him to comply. No one wanted that... but I said I was going to do it any. Well, the is out of town so could not talk to him. I met wit 2 others in the ARC, and we generated a list of action the owner needed to respond to and we could help him. That pissed off the folks that ware out to get him. The VP calls me and started telling me I was Kate to the party and I need to back off.
Well... I did not realize I could still get pissed off. He raised his voice to me and told me to list and stop talking. I blew a gasket, and went off on home... every 4 letter word I knew. Sometime later, he agreed to let me try to convince this guy to cooperate. I calmed down.., then another lady called and told me I was full of it to try this. Awe me.., I told both of them to take me off the committee... but I was going to try to rationalize with the guy to get in line with our codes.
Long story... but HOAs are fawked up... too many agendas.
tkdnr!!!!
job for the bears

How to deal with the HOA 101
I got a letter threatening legal action about a constitution trailer. I read Hamilton Co code and put the trailer in the street leaving 1 inch more than is legally required for fire engines to get by. I put a sign on the trailer that said the HOA says I cannot have this trailer in my back yard but they don’t own the streets. I left it there till the HOA begged me to move it with an apology on the Neiborhood notice board.

I am JayBird jr after all.

@NEVolFan my sympathies. I’m two years into living in a neighborhood with both an HOA and a neighborhood Facebook page. Don’t know what’s worse. At least the FBers dislike everyone equally. You don’t know whose side the HOA is on until the situation arises. We’ve got a creep in the neighborhood that posts a lot of his camera footage on FB, including kids who wander onto his property. Last year our DA kid, he was 10 at the time, and his buddies were out ringing people’s doorbells, as kids are wont to do. The guy knows it’s our kid. His Ring doorbell catches him ringing it and then his garage camera catches him running straight back to our house. Total rookie move by the kid BTW. But he posts the videos claiming he doesn’t know who the kids are and “if this is your kid get them under control” blah blah blah. So we send the boy over to apologize. Videos stay up. We ask the neighbor to take the videos down. Videos stay up. We ask the HOA to intervene. Videos stay up. By the end the HOA is throwing words like harassment at US. To heck with them and their cultish little fiefdom.

VN Store

Back