True or False? If Dobbs started against Florida, UT wins the game.

Because I want to know if my Alma Mater is employing an incompetent man, and paying him 3+ million dollars a year to boot.

Anything else?

I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Is evaluating coaches based on their decisions only acceptable when those decisions were the right ones? Can we only evaluate a coach's decisions after he has been around for 3 years?

Easily. Too bad it took these coaches 8 games to figure out that Dobbs gives us the best chance to win.

How dare you suggest that the coaches may have made an incorrect decision.

You must not be a true fan, even worse is that you live in the past. Hell, you probably wanted Dooley fired before he had a chance to start his third year

Absolutely false. The University of Tennessee cannot beat the University of Florida on the football field. Doesn't matter who's playing qb, whis coaching, who's doing anything. Period.

They would have beat them by 3 scores or better. He's clearly the best option for this offense this year. Question becomes why the hell hasn't he been playing? This season is going to rest solely on CBJ if they miss a bowl game. The conservative BS sucks too. Not going to beat anyone kicking field goals...

They would have beat them by 3 scores or better. He's clearly the best option for this offense this year. Question becomes why the hell hasn't he been playing? This season is going to rest solely on CBJ if they miss a bowl game. The conservative BS sucks too. Not going to beat anyone kicking field goals...

The first field goal was the product of absolutely stupid play calling and general wussiness. The second field goal was the right call in the situation

It just amazes me..."Fahr Butch because we don't have a SEC QB on the roster!"

NOW. "Fahr Butch because we had a SEC QB all along!"

So in summation. "Fahr Butch because?...Fahr Butch!!!" :scare:

First of all, we have the most ignorant fan base of all the blue blood programs in the country. I was there last night, and our ignorant fans were booing when we didn't go for it on 4th down from our own 30 in the first quarter!!!!!!
80 percent of the posters on this site have been anti Dobbs, the kid just turned 19! They judged him on last season when he was thrown to the wolves.
Frankly, I dint know what others have seen, but I went to the pre season scrimmage last year, and came away thinking that this kid had more upside than any of tge candidates. When he played last season, I was encouraged. Again, what was the kid to do? As for shortcomings? Can he not improve? This kid has what it takes to become one of the qbs in this league. If you disagree, leave the discussion to those that know what they are talking about and keep thinking that a quitter was ever going to be our best qb.

I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Is evaluating coaches based on their decisions only acceptable when those decisions were the right ones? Can we only evaluate a coach's decisions after he has been around for 3 years?

Evaluating coaches is one thing. Contributors who believe or seem to imply that they are qualified to do so is the stuff of legend.:)

How dare you suggest that the coaches may have made an incorrect decision.

You must not be a true fan, even worse is that you live in the past. Hell, you probably wanted Dooley fired before he had a chance to start his third year

Coaches make incorrect decisions all the time, we just have a margin of error so thin that it always bites us in the rear. You think Saban, Malzahn, Freeze, etc all don't make mistakes? I'm sure Jones thought Worley was the best guy for the job to start the year. Hell I honestly believe still that Worley was probably the best starter at the beginning of the year.

I do believe Jones thought Worley was the best option and redshirting Dobbs was the best option for the future. I think Jones made these decisions based on what he believed to be the best thing for the team, and the players individually for the present and the future of the program.

This topic seems familiar. Just insert Jamal Lewis, Clausen the year Suggs started, Tyler Bray, etc. for the given year.

2010 - If UF doesn't convert that fake punt...
2011 - If Hunter didn't get hurt...
2012 - If Sunseri wasn't our DC...
2013 - If Worley started instead of Peterman...
2014 - If Dobbs started instead of Worley...

I gotta admit, Dobbs played great last night.

Makes you wonder why Peterman played against UGA after Worley was injured.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all, we have the most ignorant fan base of all the blue blood programs in the country. I was there last night, and our ignorant fans were booing when we didn't go for it on 4th down from our own 30 in the first quarter!!!!!!
80 percent of the posters on this site have been anti Dobbs, the kid just turned 19! They judged him on last season when he was thrown to the wolves.
Frankly, I dint know what others have seen, but I went to the pre season scrimmage last year, and came away thinking that this kid had more upside than any of tge candidates. When he played last season, I was encouraged. Again, what was the kid to do? As for shortcomings? Can he not improve? This kid has what it takes to become one of the qbs in this league. If you disagree, leave the discussion to those that know what they are talking about and keep thinking that a quitter was ever going to be our best qb.

Just for clarification, you weren't directing that last part at me?...right? :huh:

They were saving Dobb"s awesomeness for next year. They figure what the heck, the fans are so used to losing what's one more year of it really going to hurt..

They were saving Dobb"s awesomeness for next year. They figure what the heck, the fans are so used to losing what's one more year of it really going to hurt..

We can't afford to throw games, and seasons, away letting our best QB sit on the bench. And, yes, we find a different way every year to f--k up the florida game. It's what we do.

We can't afford to throw games, and seasons, away letting our best QB sit on the bench. And, yes, we find a different way every year to f--k up the florida game. It's what we do.

Can't we just be excited that there is hope for the rest of the season? The psyche for the Carolina game favors tge vols!

south carolina's D is terrible--with lots of reps this week, dobbs should be able light them up for big points.

Well, my theory is that they wanted to preserve Dobbs' extra year of eligibility because it was the plan that he would be the man all along. Last week I caught a rash of crap from several on this board for saying that but now I think it especially rings true.

VN Store

Back