Trinity Bell

NighthawkVol

He's obviously heading for a redshirt year, which isn't a surprise given his injury. Does anyone know what the plan is with him? I know he's still listed at TE, but with Nixon and Campbell drawing rave reviews as the future at TE in fall camp, I wonder if they may be using this redshirt season to move Bell to another position. At 6-7, 265, he has the frame to add weight and become a DE or possibly even an OT. He's supposed to be very athletic, so putting him at one of those two positions of greater need might make a lot of sense. Plus, it might be a) a quicker path to PT and b) better path to more NFL $$$.

He's obviously heading for a redshirt year, which isn't a surprise given his injury. Does anyone know what the plan is with him? I know he's still listed at TE, but with Nixon and Campbell drawing rave reviews as the future at TE in fall camp, I wonder if they may be using this redshirt season to move Bell to another position. At 6-7, 265, he has the frame to add weight and become a DE or possibly even an OT. He's supposed to be very athletic, so putting him at one of those two positions of greater need might make a lot of sense. Plus, it might be a) a quicker path to PT and b) better path to more NFL $$$.

I have seen it mentioned somewhere (don't know where) that he will be moved to the Defensive Line if he hasn't moved already. I suppose spring practice might answer that question.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
if all three are as good as we think, why move anyone? The TE position is a great place to get mismatches.

He's huge, and wiggly, and illusive. Great at working through a crowd. But, I read one of those evaluator guys say he doesn't have the best hands and can't block very well. IDK how true that is, but this coaching staff is definitly predjudice against guys that can't get low enough (DEE), and some of these guys are just too big to get that low. I'm guessing that's the issue... especially when you need your TE's to block. Remains to be seen, but I would love to keep some of these alabama kids for recruiting alabama if nothing else. He should be healed up, or close to healed up by now.

He was being recruited as a DE by Pruitt. I am not sure of CJH plan. Watching him several times here I'm my hometown and I just think he is soft.

He's huge, and wiggly, and illusive. Great at working through a crowd. But, I read one of those evaluator guys say he doesn't have the best hands and can't block very well. IDK how true that is, but this coaching staff is definitly predjudice against guys that can't get low enough (DEE), and some of these guys are just too big to get that low. I'm guessing that's the issue... especially when you need your TE's to block. Remains to be seen, but I would love to keep some of these alabama kids for recruiting alabama if nothing else. He should be healed up, or close to healed up by now.
There isn't any talent that comes from here much. The only reason he even got a look in my humble opinion is Pruitts dad knowing the kid and being around him before moving on from Albertville.

I have seen it mentioned somewhere (don't know where) that he will be moved to the Defensive Line if he hasn't moved already. I suppose spring practice might answer that question.
I could be wrong, but I think that was Pruitt saying that. I want to commend Bell for sticking with us; the only reason he came here was because Pruitt's Dad coached at his HS for a while. Bell was a WR in HS, so me personally, with his size and agility, I would leave him at TE.

VN Store

Back