Trey Smith Quote

There has yet to be a media report of which I'm aware that you are revealing today. Per your quote, "The reason being he is on (or was on) blood thinners and should he get cut it would be difficult to stop the bleeding and if he takes a hard hit it could possibly cause internal bleeding." Not one word about Trey's treatment plan or the specific drugs IF ANY are involved during the season or off season have been made public. If you can provide them, do so via listed url, otherwise I request you recant this falsehood. Unless Trey or his physicians release this information you are promoting the world of fantasy. Most people I know associated with blood clots have speculated from their personal standpoint he does not take "blood thinners' during the season at all.

Let me clarify. It was reported in several places that he was taking blood thinners while separated from the team and undergoing treatment for the clots. He couldn't play until the clots disappeared and he could come off the thinners for some period of time as it would be dangerous and perhaps life threatening to play football with either blood clost in your lungs or while taking blood thinners; also, well covered in the press. My speculation was that apparently, there is still concern as he does not participate in contact drills, also noted several times in the press and discussed in the Vandy game by the announcers. So, they are in some manner managing his condition so that he can play, and part of that management is not participating in contact drills and scrimmages. My point and that made by others in the thread was that our team (Tennessee) is apparently okay with him not participating in contact drills and still playing in games. But no ones knows if any NFL team would be okay with that. You okay with that Francis?

UT has had some awesome offensive linemen through the years and I think he is the best of them all.

I like Trey, he is good.......but man, I would never go that far....

Bill Mayo, Cosey Coleman, Fred Weary (Trey reminds me of Fred), Antone Davis, Myslinski, Eric Still, Mickey Marvin, Harry Galbreath, Bruce Wilkerson, Bubba Miller, Mike Stowell, Chad Clifton.........

There's a very long list......And quite honestly, Trey hasn't come close to those guys I mentioned......

You mention some great linemen, I agree. But as far as raw talent, grit, toughness, and flat out finishing their opponent off, none are as good as Trey in my opinion. Also none of the above never really had stellar NFL careers, with maybe the exception of Coleman.

Reactions: Volunteer08
Trey Smith’s projections are all over the place, but he’s a 1 to high 3 pick. He’s gone. Gonna miss the big guy :confused:

Yeah I’m not a hematogolist by any stretch but 6 years ago I had clots show up in my lungs and I was totally asymptomatic. I was put on thinners and told to carry on as usual. (I had retired and was fairly active) My hematogolist told me activity never causes clots - it’s caused from inactivity. Of course Trey can’t practice while on a thinner regiment. So I don’t understand what’s going on totally with Trey either.
I'm a little confused Rich. If you were asymptomatic why was a test done which showed the emboli?

I'm a little confused Rich. If you were asymptomatic why was a test done which showed the emboli?
Sorry....great question and guess I wasn't clear about that. Had a history of gastric issues and went in for a follow up after a little tract discomfort. Gastro doc decided to run a scan and it picked up the lower lobes of the lungs randomly and he spotted them. As previously stated I'm certainly not a medical expert so I laughed when the doctor himself called me and said to get to the emergency room immediately. I assumed he had called the wrong person what with the lack of symptoms. Coincidence?? One would have a hard time convincing me of it. He and I had a good laugh about it later and still to this day he takes credit for saving my life! Great doctor who just retired but he was from Brooklyn and graduated from Florida but practiced in Tennessee. You can imagine the lively visits we had together. :D:D

Reactions: utchs81
Sorry....great question and guess I wasn't clear about that. Had a history of gastric issues and went in for a follow up after a little tract discomfort. Gastro doc decided to run a scan and it picked up the lower lobes of the lungs randomly and he spotted them. As previously stated I'm certainly not a medical expert so I laughed when the doctor himself called me and said to get to the emergency room immediately. I assumed he had called the wrong person what with the lack of symptoms. Coincidence?? One would have a hard time convincing me of it. He and I had a good laugh about it later and still to this day he takes credit for saving my life! Great doctor who just retired but he was from Brooklyn and graduated from Florida but practiced in Tennessee. You can imagine the lively visits we had together. :D:D
What I would call a fortuitous though unexpected finding. Makes you wonder about divine intervention..:)

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back