Trey Smith named to Walter Camp Preseason All-America Team

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
2vXbnBsn36DQOXNZ-AwqCYGGsSk7EAdnudAkYzw_JuAnu1thBZRdzEn7kxidn9pWrSpm2muwsdQrbcr0Z8qBklL2Kqr5Ce7YKUCLk2bOKjTGW-mCirW7vekgNzgRIjsYZAmY0J6kvT7GkI2GPpC8SH68y3mzZPllXM5kd3miM_cmjzU-51PiilUcc8nrxRc=s0-d-e1-ft

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Tennessee senior offensive lineman Trey Smith has been named to the Walter Camp Preseason All-America second team, as announced by the Walter Camp Football Foundation on Thursday.

Smith is coming off a dominant junior campaign in which he helped lead the Vols to six consecutive victories to end the season, including a thrilling comeback win over Indiana in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl.

The Jackson, Tennessee, native received All-SEC first team accolades from the league's coaches and media after starting 12 games in 2019. Making his season even more impressive was the fact that Smith was limited to no contact in practices throughout the season after battling back from blood clots in his lungs that forced him to miss the final five games of his sophomore season.

Smith's incredible return to football as well as his impactful work off the field and in the community earned him the 2020 Fritz Pollard Trophy and the 2019 Jason Witten Collegiate Man of the Year Award.

With Thursday's announcement, Smith added to an already growing list of preseason honors for the 2020 season that include first-team All-America recognition from both Athlon and Street and Smith preseason magazines.

In all, a total of 50 players from 33 different schools and eight conferences are represented on the Walter Camp Preseason All-America teams. To see the complete preseason All-America teams, click HERE (PDF).

Walter Camp, considered the "Father of American Football," first named an All-American team in 1889. The 2020 season will be the 131st edition of the team.

I'll say it again...
This young man is the son you pray to have...
And the son in law you pray your daughter marries
I wish him NOTHING but the best this year and in his future.

A lot of truth in this post. Very respectable young man in my understanding.

Thank you Mr Smith for being the classy individual and great Tennessean that you are sir! ... And for running the field after the Gator Bowl, giving my son & I a high five...even though i did not record it correctly on video mode.
Nothing but the best to you for here on out no matter what, how and where! God Bless!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back