Trey Smith- Leaving early or staying?

VolRedBeard

Will big trey smith run for the money with his health a question or will he stay for his degree and play another year then make the jump. Hes got 1st round talent all over him but the blood clots is an issue unless they truly have it handled properly now.
Come back for that senior campaign mr smith! Let's win something big next year and leave the program better for it!

I feel that he is first round talent with the medical issues being the only hesitation. With a first round grade he needs to go without a doubt. With a second round grade I could support him staying or going as that is a gamble either way.

Just like everyone else here I want him to do what’s best for him and his family.

If the NFL will allow him in the draft medically he is gone. His playing time could be cut off at any moment needs to grab what he can while he can. 100% healthy he would be a top 5 pick.
I believe the question of medical clearance will be decided by individual teams, not the "NFL." I also believe he would have to declare to the NFL draft 1st before he could be tested by individual teams.

I believe the question of medical clearance will be decided by individual teams, not the "NFL." I also believe he would have to declare to the NFL draft 1st before he could be tested by individual teams.

Thats what I meant by NFL. If a team decides to draft him he will know before committing. I am sure they will figure out a way to get this guy on the field. Maybe short term contracts or an escape clause based on his medical condition.

I've seen mock NFL Drafts that had him as a 2nd round pick in the 2020 Draft. I think Trey Smith will return for his 2020 Senior season in the hope that he'll be a 1st round Draft pick in 2021.

Reactions: Type Orange+
I love this guy. I believe on the 2 long Gray TDs that Trey is about the 3rd Vol to make it to the end zone to celebrate. Just pure hustle, effort, and a love for his team. Hope he gets paid big time.

There are several players in the NFL who have the same condition, team medical staffs are getting better at treating players. If Trey Smith gets graded in the first 3 rds, he needs to go get drafted, at this time, I do not see how he is not a top 10 pick.

Reactions: savannahfan
The selfish side of me hopes he returns for his senior year. I also hope he enjoys a long career in the league whenever he decides to make the jump. The dude has earned it.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If he can keep this under control another year and be able to practice more his stock will soar next year. If he goes now he isn't going to go high not being able to practice in the NFL, so he isn't going to get a huge payday if he comes out now. I wish him the best, but I bet he is back. If he comes back and can practice and plays next year with no problems his money value goes up ten fold. He isn't going to go high if he can't practice the NFL schedule that's just how they roll GBO!!!!!

Thats what I meant by NFL. If a team decides to draft him he will know before committing. I am sure they will figure out a way to get this guy on the field. Maybe short term contracts or an escape clause based on his medical condition.
I don't think that is the case. He would have to declare 1st before being tested by teams. He could provide medical information by his own doctors but I believe teams can't test college athletes. They have to declare 1st. Then they run the risk of not being drafted if no teams will clear the player.

I think he needs to go 100%. It’s similar in a way to tua… With questions lingering go ahead and get what you can.

VN Store

Back