Trey Morrison - Grad Transfer CB North Carolina

I'm hoping we can hire Deon Sanders to coach DB's next season or maybe he can still play? He is probably faster than most of our secondary.

We had two issues in the game Safety over the top and the PI calls. Those PI calls were about 25% accurate, Burell made a play on the ball several times.

Those deep throws though were great passes with no safety help. I thought their QB was pretty accurate with the ball and was bailed out several times when our CBs did cover with some PI calls that should have never been called. They extended drives and changed the momentum of the game.

Reactions: walkenvol
We had two issues in the game Safety over the top and the PI calls. Those PI calls were about 25% accurate, Burell made a play on the ball several times.

Those deep throws though were great passes with no safety help. I thought their QB was pretty accurate with the ball and was bailed out several times when our CBs did cover with some PI calls that should have never been called. They extended drives and changed the momentum of the game.

It was like CWM never showed them what a seam route is, nor their role in defending against it.

I know he’s not a DB , but I’d like to have some secondary guys with the heart of Jeremy Banks. I even heard the PA announcer say several times “ it’s Jeremy Banks on the tackle again”.
For every good play Banks has there’s one or two bad but that’s where we’re at.I’d like to see his TFL vs penalty ratuo is it plus or minus

I know he’s not a DB , but I’d like to have some secondary guys with the heart of Jeremy Banks. I even heard the PA announcer say several times “ it’s Jeremy Banks on the tackle again”.

There is no basis to suggest that the UT secondary’s problem is lack of desire. Further, I’d suggest it’s insulting. Those guys are fighting out there but talent and scheme need to improve.

For every good play Banks has there’s one or two bad but that’s where we’re at.I’d like to see his TFL vs penalty ratuo is it plus or minus

It’s tough playing defense these days. The objective is to make stops now anyway, anywhere you can. Forget it if they make some plays. Bottom line is to hold the opposition to FGs and get takeaways.

Reactions: volbeast33
There is no basis to suggest that the UT secondary’s problem is lack of desire. Further, I’d suggest it’s insulting. Those guys are fighting out there but talent and scheme need to improve.
Talent is the primary issue. If you want to help with scheme, then you have to get consistent pressure. If you don't have the talent to do that by rushing 4 or blitzing a 5th person (LB or DB), then you have to blitz 6 and be creative. To do this your DBs have to be really good in man coverage. Our guys are not. Burrell was roasted in man by nearly everyone we played. I expect the defense to make a huge leap in year 2, but we need pieces that weren't there this season. The hope though, is that we can get consistent pass rush next year with our front 4.

One of South Carolina's QBs just went 9 for 9 with 160 yards against UNC.

Talent is the primary issue. If you want to help with scheme, then you have to get consistent pressure. If you don't have the talent to do that by rushing 4 or blitzing a 5th person (LB or DB), then you have to blitz 6 and be creative. To do this your DBs have to be really good in man coverage. Our guys are not. Burrell was roasted in man by nearly everyone we played. I expect the defense to make a huge leap in year 2, but we need pieces that weren't there this season. The hope though, is that we can get consistent pass rush next year with our front 4.

Exactly right. Unfortunately we don't have great rushers or cover guys.

I think Desmond Williams will be a huge upgrade.
Rucker is TBD, but very hopeful for him.
Hadden is solid.

But we need MORE for sure.

This is my thoughts on Jeremy Banks. I was one person who thought he should no longer be here after his viral video rant.

But his efforts in the MCB earned my respect. Not only did he play his guts out, but he showed maturity. Instead of trying to count up good and bad plays like you, I look at the overall effect a player has, and Banks, IMO, has become a positive. I hope next season is hugely successful and leads him to a high draft pick. I am glad he is a Vol, and I am glad to say I was wrong about him being allowed back in.

Exactly right. Unfortunately we don't have great rushers or cover guys.

I think Desmond Williams will be a huge upgrade.
Rucker is TBD, but very hopeful for him.
Hadden is solid.

But we need MORE for sure.

I actually think Burrell can be good. I know that may not be a popular opinion after the MCB, but I see a guy with all the tools and who gets himself in position, but needs to work on finishing the play. He interferes when he doesn’t have to. What he lacks is coachable. Learn how to use (and when not to use) his hands and find the ball when he’s in position to make a play.

I actually think Burrell can be good. I know that may not be a popular opinion after the MCB, but I see a guy with all the tools and who gets himself in position, but needs to work on finishing the play. He interferes when he doesn’t have to. What he lacks is coachable. Learn how to use (and when not to use) his hands and find the ball when he’s in position to make a play.

I see some of the same, but when is the last time Willie Martinez taught a CB to turn around and look for the ball. Best I recall that was one of our complaints about WM the first time around.

I see some of the same, but when is the last time Willie Martinez taught a CB to turn around and look for the ball. Best I recall that was one of our complaints about WM the first time around.
This 100% why I didn’t want him hired

VN Store

Back