Trey Coleman RB for UT has left team this morning

It’s happening all over the AA not just here. Nebraska has a QB quit because he wasn’t named starter for week 1, LSU had two leave I. THE last week of camp, I’m sure there are more but it’s a cultural thing with these kids.

Well--spend some time around any athletic program...from youth softball to soccer to baseball to football....and you will begin to understand that these kids (or the majority of them) are TRAINED by the ADULTS from a very early age to expect everyone to cater to them and tell them how good they are. And that it's just not fair if all players on the team don't have an equal amount of playing time.

I am not looking to blame anyone....but if you want to know why the kids act this way--look to the parents! The fruit just doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Adding to what Butchna said, the 25 limit helps limit the "processing" by coaches. We had recently read the story of Jim McElwain allegedly pulling scholarships on a year to year basis. Now, you don't gain a spot in a recruiting class by slashing a sophomore etc; unless it's grad transfer or such, under the 85 limit.

To answer another poster, we could give the 85 spot scholarship to a current Vol , like Bain, as an example.

Oh be quiet, how do you know it was the same ones? Name them.
Love seeing you call people out on this. It's such a lazy narrative and becoming too common.
Heard Chad Pennington do it; " People praising the coaches for keeping the media out but then screaming about lack of updates. You can't have it both ways folks".
Knowing darn well it's different people with different takes. Just lazy.

The new thing, I don’t get to play so I quit on my team in season. A whole generation of kids who quit when they don’t get what they want or think they deserve. I would wish this kid good luck but that just enables him, I wish him to grow up and be a man

Actually, it's been happening for a long time. Worked out for a lot of players. Peterman, Kamara, etc. I wish our fans would quit crying and acting like these kids are disrespecting UT. Not everyone is Jalen Hurd and not every situation is the same. You guys sound like it's a blood pact to come to school here and sign your life away to the Vols.

You all should man up and just say, "cool, good luck."

Reactions: walkenvol
He came, He tried, He failed, he's gone.

Best of luck to you young man.

I hope you find another school that will give you a free education and will let you try to work hard and earn the chance to play on their football team.

It takes time, hard work, dedication and commitment to get ahead and have success at anything in the real world of adults.

Thanks for trying to make it as a Tennessee Vol, sorry you couldn't make it.

VFL...GBO!!!

Love seeing you call people out on this. It's such a lazy narrative and becoming too common.
Heard Chad Pennington do it; " People praising the coaches for keeping the media out but then screaming about lack of updates. You can't have it both ways folks".
Knowing darn well it's different people with different takes. Just lazy.
Happens all the time and I usually don't feel like pointing it out, but who does this gator boy think he is?

Wish Tennessee had everything worked out just like I wanted it and had no worries so I could spend time over on gatornation or swampass whatever their message board is called, and share my valuable knowledge with them.

We are glad Kirkland stayed because he is expected to contribute... Coleman is unlikely to see many snaps and doesn't seem to fit into the long term plans, so it's not much of a loss.

....and by the way, you wouldn't be much of a loss either. Why don't you go to GatorCountry and join in the hype around your big victory over Charleston Southern? I'm sure the playoff talk is in full swing.

Kirkland is a baller, glad for y’all that he stayed. I like it here, better forum, better SEC news, better posters. Most Gator board posters spend 90% of their time complaining that we aren’t beating everyone by 40 points, Spurrier/Meyer style. No playoff talk from me..... yet.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
Kirkland is a baller, glad for y’all that he stayed. I like it here, better forum, better SEC news, better posters. Most Gator board posters spend 90% of their time complaining that we aren’t beating everyone by 40 points, Spurrier/Meyer style. No playoff talk from me..... yet.
Have you visited the football forum here

Reactions: barrylee and Jaws
Happens all the time and I usually don't feel like pointing it out, but who does this gator boy think he is?

Wish Tennessee had everything worked out just like I wanted it and had no worries so I could spend time over on gatornation or swampass whatever their message board is called, and share my valuable knowledge with them.
Can’t tell you what “all the Gator fans” said about their player attrition because I don’t camp out on their board...compounded with a modicum of DGAS.

Can’t tell you what “all the Gator fans” said about their player attrition because I don’t camp out on their board...compounded with a modicum of DGAS.

Hey, I get why these guys from other teams want to hang out here. We're a huge, vibrant mix of smarts, humor, acerbic wit, and just enough crazy to keep things interesting on a day-to-day basis. In short, we rock as a community.

They can't find that anywhere else. Certainly not back home. The dull repetitiveness of their home crowd has got to be numbing.

So yeah, I get it. A little sad for them, but I do get it.

Hey, I get why these guys from other teams want to hang out here. We're a huge, vibrant mix of smarts, humor, acerbic wit, and just enough crazy to keep things interesting on a day-to-day basis. In short, we rock as a community.

They can't find that anywhere else. Certainly not back home. The dull repetitiveness of their home crowd has got to be numbing.

So yeah, I get it. A little sad for them, but I do get it.
Don’t mind the secking’s who want to talk football without (much) garbage mixed in, but Shark Boy likes to call us out for some real pedestrian bullshizz. Know your place.

I hope Coleman comes home to Louisiana, at a more modest level, SLU, ULL, McNeese, etc. He could be a star in a smaller pond, and be happy.

Didn't Fulmer say in a recent interview he was surprised that there hadn't been any departures at that time? If so then this isn't out of the ordinary.

I suppose that in this league everyone does not get a trophy for showing up in a pretty uniform. To play on gameday, you gotta earn that right in practice with this coach.

Didn't Fulmer say in a recent interview he was surprised that there hadn't been any departures at that time? If so then this isn't out of the ordinary.
There will be more.
It's perfectly normal. It was surprising Pruitt was able to convince so many to stay and compete for a spot but as those spots become clear, those on the outside will try their luck elsewhere. And they should.

Despite the Gator pretending otherwise,both are true. Great Pruitt kept so many here then and NOW it's good those that aren't in the running are moving on with their opportunities.

So this is his offer sheet. Pruitt needs to be a cut some slack. He was given a roster that isn’t SEC quality. Butch 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes are straight garbage. A few good players but the vast majority aren’t SEC caliber. He left TN in huge hole that is going to take time to dig out of. 2B8DA413-2ECE-4885-A497-EB1EB5EA7A24.png

Reactions: bigorange
I’m sure you’ve never quit a job in your life to pursue another opportunity because, you know, loyalty and stuff
Sure I have,not because I was not good enough. Additionally I've never left a job without at least a two week notice. I don't just walk out.

Reactions: bigorange
Never a good thing during the season. We've already lost one RB for who knows how long. Fool would have gotten his chance.
No he wouldn't of. Pruitt himself said the next back to see a lot of reps this next game was True Freshman Jeremy Banks. Coleman would of never seen the field.

VN Store

Back