Travis Henry’s National Championship Ring

DOCTORLOOMIS

Smith’s Grove - Warren County Sanitarium
It goes to auction in a couple of weeks.....

Attachments

• 38D0BE39-686D-4A29-9663-EB10E96CCC99.jpeg
    38D0BE39-686D-4A29-9663-EB10E96CCC99.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 130
  • EF192AEA-957E-44BC-80EC-08028F21A83D.jpeg
    EF192AEA-957E-44BC-80EC-08028F21A83D.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 6295B6BB-62B1-4C15-B6C4-84291C1EAD52.jpeg
    6295B6BB-62B1-4C15-B6C4-84291C1EAD52.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 82
What do you estimate it will go for, roughly?
Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.

Last edited:
Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 10 kids by 11 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to $4 million in fines when he was already broke.
Ebay never shows the players name though -- btw Yankee Vol got that Green ring -- don't remember for sure but I think Jamal Lewis sold his also, but not on Ebay

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.
We don't all start out in the same place in life or have the same people involved in them. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, quite the opposite, but as a fan who lived through that season, it's still sad. He had all the talent in the world. It's a tragedy, regardless of whose making it is.

Last edited:
We don't all start out in the same place in life or have the same people involved in them. I'm no bleeding heart liberal, quite the opposite, but as a fan who lived through that season, it's still sad. He had all the talent in the world. It's a tragedy, regardless of whose making it is.

It's thrilling to know VN has some fans with brains instead of only a holier than thou attitude. Thanks for making my day just a wee bit nicer.

Sounds like he has a decision making problem 😳

His life is truly a tragic story. I want to remember his runs to victory in the Arkansas game. A Vol hero whose life hit rock bottom and did not try to turn his life around. We reap what we sow.

Reactions: davethevol

It is sad but it's also mostly his fault.

I cant imagine working hard enough at a sport to reach the top of the pack in College Football, win the Championship and then later in life place no more value on the ring than to let it go for a couple thousand dollars..I don't know all the circumstances that led to them being put up for auction but I think I would have exhausted all other options...

I still remember when he went over the top against Vanderbilt and landed squarely on his head in the endzone. He laid there for several minutes. His mom was even on the field. I thought for sure his neck was broken. Thankfully, he finally got up and hobbled off the field.

I wished he could have received some good counsel/advice before he left UT. He needed a mentor/"big-brother" type of guy to help him stay clear of the mine-field that is big-money-made from humble origins.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 508mikey
It's thrilling to know VN has some fans with brains instead of only a holier than thou attitude. Thanks for making my day just a wee bit nicer.
There is nothing "holier-than-thou" about pointing out the irresponsible and blatantly foolish behavior of Travis Henry. His story is one of wasted potential, self inflicted problems and felonious actions. If you want to hear a tragic story about a former Vol (someone who doesn't feel sorry for himself) that would be Inky Johnson. Travis Henry's story is just pathetic.

There is nothing "holier-than-thou" about pointing out the irresponsible and blatantly foolish behavior of Travis Henry. His story is one of wasted potential, self inflicted problems and felonious actions. If you want to hear a tragic story about a former Vol (someone who doesn't feel sorry for himself) that would be Inky Johnson. Travis Henry's story is just pathetic.

The funny thing is, I wasn't talking to you, nor about you personally. Yet you felt a need to defend your (dis)honor. One can only wonder why.

I didn't like your judgmental play, but I saw it under adverse conditions. Your curtain, you see, was up.

Last edited:
His life is truly a tragic story. I want to remember his runs to victory in the Arkansas game. A Vol hero whose life hit rock bottom and did not try to turn his life around. We reap what we sow.
He's one of my favorite

Yeah we dont all start out at the same place. Some people are born with natural talent and waste it away being stupid.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The funny thing is, I wasn't talking to you, nor about you personally. Yet you felt a need to defend your (dis)honor. One can only wonder why.

I didn't like your judgmental play, but I saw it under adverse conditions. You curtain, you see, was up.
Reading the thread, it certainly seemed to me like you were targeting BowlBrother85, because you were commenting on a post that quoted his post. Additionally, your statement about his "(dis)honor" is telling. I think you're being a bit coy here.

VN Store

Back