Traveling around the SEC. Prettiest campuses that you have visited overall?

UT
Fake UT
Ole Miss
Georgia
Auburn
Florida
Ellesshew
Kentucky
Vandy
Bama
A&M
South Carolina
State

Never visited:
Mizzou
Arkansas
Oklahoma

Admittedly this reflects a bias in favor of urban campuses. I love Knoxville and Austin.
Mizzou is a sh!thole. OU is actually nice...probably the nicest spot in all of OK.

Just so y’all know, OP is a Bama troll who hates UT. He got caught spilling hate about us on other sites lol.
I’ve been to Columbia many times. It’s a concrete dumpster.

I went to Myrtle Beach numerous times for vacations and drove through Columbia once.

Auburn and UGA (sadly) have very nice campuses.

I was tempted to go old school and throw GT on there, but nobody with functional eyes will every call that concrete mess beautiful.

Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M somewhere at the top

Mizzou, Florida, LSU, somewhere in the middle

Georgia, Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy, SC somewhere at the bottom.

Haven't been to: Miss St, Texas and Oklahoma

Also been to: Clemson, California, and Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech is beautiful!

Reactions: Tin Man
i toured 31 campuses with my son before he settled at OU.

I believe it is so subjective based on personal taste.

Example: I could see how someone would think UVA is amazing. I thought it looked like Washington DC extended. Seemed cold. All brick and white. Not my taste.

Wake Forest had such a colonial look that I loved but wouldn’t want to go to school there. UT was beautiful and the mountains. 😩 Indiana University was gorgeous if you like the limestone. Duke was breath taking but felt like I was in a musuem. Vandy? I don’t get it folks. I was so underwhelmed. Few gorgeous buildings and that’s it. Michigan was very pretty. I live in WI and idk why anyone would think UW would be gorgeous. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway I could answer that question 19 different ways but for me and my son’s taste we felt the same that OU’s campus had a Harry Potter vibe going on. He isn’t there for the beauty of campus but we felt it was somewhat up there for the 30 schools we visited and just fit his taste well. He’s a frosh and doing well.

(PS he would’ve considered UT a lot more but he wants to be a surgeon and OU’s just was rated higher and checked more boxes…bummer. Hoping my daughter goes UT lol anyone knows if they’re dance team is good?)

UGA has a lot of potential, but it looked run down when I went, but that was years ago.

Been a while for me also.

Used to go there quite frequently in my undergrad days though. Was a nice break from the 4 to 1 ratio at Tech if you knowhutimean.

Things could have changed I guess.

Honestly, when you have so much space you can do some amazing things. UT, the fake UT, Vandy, etc, even poor old GT are pretty much built out by this point and a city built around them. To build something new, you pretty much have to build up or tear down something else. Makes it kind of hard to keep older buildings-which are what gives every campus their charm. Strange huh?

Bama is by far the best I've seen. I've seen Vandy, Auburn, and UT; but we have them beat when it comes to the stadium.
Been to Bama, its a reasonably nice campus but not as good as UT. Not particularly impressed by Kentucky or Vandy. Haven't been to GA, but they were on SEC nation one time this year and the building that they set up in front of was sort of dumpy looking, not anything close to Ayres Hall. Seems like they would have found a better looking place to set up.

Ole Miss (side note, my wife is an alumna)
Georgia
Bama

The others I've visited are all just kind of jank.

VN Store

Back