Trask not Heisman worthy

77' Vol

UF trying to pad Trask's stats not going to work now. Enjoyable to watch Mullen anguish over the loss to LSU in the swamp. As much as I dislike Satan, I'm pulling for Bama to punish the gators.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
No running game is destroying the Gators. I see many large O-linemen in their future recruiting.

agreed, granted I haven't watched a lot of UF football, but in the games I've see it seems like he throws slant, slant, slant, screen, deep, slant slant, slant, etc. LSU covered and had a pick 6 on the slant. Easy to say, but it seems like covering the slant takes away 75% of their pass plays

I don't know if he will win the Heisman. After they hosed Manning, the award lost all legitimacy to me.

But I do believe he'll get a nice, long look in the NFL. He throws a lot of balls into very tight windows and puts them exactly where they have to be to have a chance to make a catch and avoid the pick.

Sure, he's a Gator, but he's a very good quarterback.

FL losing Saturday, for me, was the best thing to happen in sports this year 2020.

Still pulling for the gators to upset Bama. Let there be chaos and upheaval with the playoffs.

Reactions: AllVols
Anything that knocks OSU and Bama out of the championship game will make me happy. The way the conferences set them up this season would classify them as illegitimate champions.

Gators spit the bit Saturday Night. Not ready to be champions. Only way Trask was and is going to win the Heisman is if they go into ATL and beat Bama. Don't see it happening. Trask had a 'bad' game Sat night and still threw 2 TDS and had like 474 yds passing. UT would trade ALL their current QB's to have had him this season.

Anything that knocks OSU and Bama out of the championship game will make me happy. The way the conferences set them up this season would classify them as illegitimate champions.

How exactly was Bama "set up"? Bama played every scheduled game. After Florida, Bama will have played every team in the SEC except for the two worst, USCe and Vandy. In what way did any of that give Bama a leg up?

Gators spit the bit Saturday Night. Not ready to be champions. Only way Trask was and is going to win the Heisman is if they go into ATL and beat Bama. Don't see it happening. Trask had a 'bad' game Sat night and still threw 2 TDS and had like 474 yds passing. UT would trade ALL their current QB's to have had him this season.

I don't think Trask is out of it as long as he performs well against Bama, win or lose. Bama has two guys on the team that are going to split votes, so its wouldn't be surprising if Smith and Jones cost each other the Heisman.

That said, Bama just released a Mac Jones hype video for the award that really matters:

Don't hold your breath.

He’ll be worse in Atlanta.
I hope you don’t consider that a good game.
They weren’t ready to play and came in over confident
No excuse to lose that game.

There’s no reason why OSU shouldn’t be the most rested team. They basically haven’t played a season just a matter of how rusty will they be.

I’m betting on another Clemson Bama matchup tho

He’ll be worse in Atlanta.
I hope you don’t consider that a good game.
They weren’t ready to play and came in over confident
No excuse to lose that game.

Did you miss the part where I said it was a bad game? No, there is no excuse to lose that game. That doesn't change the fact that he is better than every QB on the Vol roster.

VN Store

Back