Transition difficulty

UTP69

I hear of HS running backs being recruited and then they are converted to a LB or other position. I'm wondering how difficult is it to excel at the SEC level. Or, any position change for that matter. How would you rate that on a scale of 1 to 10. Comments would be appreciated.....other than that is a stupid question. I get that enough from my wife and friends.

I hear of HS running backs being recruited and then they are converted to a LB or other position. I'm wondering how difficult is it to excel at the SEC level. Or, any position change for that matter. How would you rate that on a scale of 1 to 10. Comments would be appreciated.....other than that is a stupid question. I get that enough from my wife and friends.
TN has converted guys over the years.

Eric Berry was a HS QB
Al Wilson was a RB/S
Written was a DE

Usually it’s moving the best athlete from a QB to some other skill position, including DB. Right now we have Beckwith and Holliday that were Hs QB and are struggling to find a position.

Um, just because we don't know exactly how CJH will be using Beckwith, doesn't mean he is "struggling to find a position."

Last edited:
Al Wilson would've been a nightmare at RB. lol

I actually recorded a "tackle" on Al Wilson in HS. He got to the edge on a toss. I went over there to tackle him. Instead of making a move, he lowered the shoulder on me. In the process of laying the wood to me, he stepped out of bounds.

Does anyone remember when Chavis took a lot of our WR’s and converted them to DB’s and we were short on WR’s?

I actually recorded a "tackle" on Al Wilson in HS. He got to the edge on a toss. I went over there to tackle him. Instead of making a move, he lowered the shoulder on me. In the process of laying the wood to me, he stepped out of bounds.
Yeah, he strikes me as a person who would rather go out of his way to trample someone, as to run out of bounds.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back