Transfers?

People with basketball knowledge are totally frustrated with the Coaching that is being given in this program. If people are yelling this is the reason.

Reactions: 6 people
People with basketball knowledge are totally frustrated with the Coaching that is being given in this program. If people are yelling this is the reason.

If they are yelling negative things calling the player’s specific name, that is derogatory toward the player. I witnessed it with my own eyes and know that’s what it was. When told the players mother was sitting just a few rows down, they responded that they didn’t care.

Reactions: 3 people
Evina isn't going to leave her knee was really bothering her the 2nd half of the schedule..she'll be in the gym in the summer while getting enough rest nobody transfers🤷🏽*♀️

If they are yelling negative things calling the player’s specific name, that is derogatory toward the player. I witnessed it with my own eyes and know that’s what it was. When told the players mother was sitting just a few rows down, they responded that they didn’t care.

I shouldn't be shocked but I am actually. I would have hoped that even disgruntled "fans" would not take their frustrations out on the student-athletes. There are no words for how despicable such actions are.

The LVs did not make the sweet 16, How negatively was anyone's life really effected? Did you lose your job because of it? did your marriage fall apart because? did it cause your dog to die? did it cause you to be afflicted with a serious illness. I am guessing no. People need to get some perspective. Bashing Holly is one thing; she is paid big bucks and fan backlash comes with the territory; when fans turn on the student-athletes, though, that is a crossing a moral line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I shouldn't be shocked but i am. I would have hoped that even disgruntled "fans" would not take their frustrations out on the student-athletes. There are no words for how despicable such actions are.

The LVs did not make the sweet 16, How negatively was anyone's life really effected? Did you lose your job because of it? did your marriage fall apart because? did it cause your dog to die? did it cause you to be afflicted with a serious illness. I am guessing no. People need to get some perspective. Bashing Holly is on thing. she is paid big bucks and fan backlash comes with the territory; when fans turn on the student-athletes that is a crossing a moral line.

My thoughts exactly.... but everyone wants to twist it and make the despicable actions of some “fan” that were directed personally toward a player Holly’s fault. Not drinking that Kool-Aid. We are all responsible for our own actions.

It was absolutely disgusting and I stood it as long as I could until I just snapped and went to Never Never Land on them. I mean screamed like a maniac until they shut up and I was hoarse. When a Lady Vol is struggling, it seems to me a fan would shout encouragement, not “Get rid of her!” or “Take her ass out!” (And they didn’t say “her,” they said the player’s name.)

As you said... did anyone lose their home, job, or marriage because the LVs didn’t perform up to their expectations? I even saw where someone said they would “give their left nut” if the LVs would “get back like they used to be” I couldn’t believe someone would say something so absurd!

That needs to be addressed by security in the building.

Reactions: 2 people
That needs to be addressed by security in the building.

Well... since you mention that... I had decided if they yelled one more thing directly at this Lady Vol (or any of them) I was about to take measures to have them removed (or attempt to do that).

When I tell you it was beyond unacceptable, it really was. I know they are in the spotlight and open to criticism, but this was outrageous. I mean like made me go into full on mama bear mode. I felt that a fan would try to uplift, not scream “get rid of her ass” like she was trash.

I’ve got to hush. BP rising just thinking about it! 😡

Reactions: 1 person
I've looked at @Raoul_000 on Twitter and there a lot of Transfers. Florida has 3 that is transferring. Sure hope all of the Lady Vol's stay at Tennessee

Reactions: 1 person
Well... since you mention that... I had decided if they yelled one more thing directly at this Lady Vol (or any of them) I was about to take measures to have them removed (or attempt to do that).

When I tell you it was beyond unacceptable, it really was. I know they are in the spotlight and open to criticism, but this was outrageous. I mean like made me go into full on mama bear mode. I felt that a fan would try to uplift, not scream “get rid of her ass” like she was trash.

I’ve got to hush. BP rising just thinking about it! 😡

If you explain the situation to security, they will talk to the offenders and ask them to stop. This usually takes care of the problem without a confrontation.

Dang...i hope this doesnt happen and losing her is my biggest fear for this team, especially with Hayes’ dad hating on her and causing drama on the team. Hmph. I hope she sticks with it and remains a lady vol but she didnt look very happy down the stretch. Plus top kids don’t go to schools to lose in the 1st or 2nd round. If OSU makes a deep run I wouldn’t be surprised if she transferred. I’d be sad as hell though. :cray::cray::cray::cray:

What did Hayes' father say about Westbrook?

Do you have a link?

If I was a parent or potential recruit parent, I wouldn't send my daughter to play for the Lady Vols, just by the fans on this board. We are sending the wrong message. smh

How is any of this" I'm a better coach than Holly syndrome helping the Lady Vols program, hurting the program, hurting it far worse than Holly?"

A board, thinking one our players will jump ship, glad to know our players are not like our fans, when the tough gets going, the tough toughens up. Holly needs to toughen up, (she not demanding excellence) your teams are not tough. Push them to be great or they will push you to be AVERAGE.

Ladies, I just want you to prove these haters wrong, ain't nobody leaving, hopefully a few fans. I guess Pat took the Class, of her Lady Vols program with her, smh!

I back Pat and roll with Holly, but talking a lil shi*

Holly, what's going on? DEMAND EXCELLENCE or you will get what you get!

Fire Brenda Frese.

Last edited:
I love the players,watched many of them while they was in high school and
they deserved their ratings.
It wasn't until they came to Tennessee
under Holly coaching that their game
changed for the worse. Sorry to say,but go check out the archives of some of them online. Their skills have
REGRESSED.
Take Westbrook for instance, rated one or two by Hoopgurlz, hardly any turnovers in her game.Great players but....
Between there and here something happens to these girls.
Take a guess.
Can't blame this on Deshields or Cooper.
Maybe Holly needs to go home and don't come back like Diamond or given the chance to bow out like Cooper. I bet
both and Middleton are LMAOing right
about now.

If you explain the situation to security, they will talk to the offenders and ask them to stop. This usually takes care of the problem without a confrontation.

Well... neither here nor there now, but good to know. She did stop when I screamed at the top of my lungs like a crazy person for her to shut up. LOL

I love the players,watched many of them while they was in high school and
they deserved their ratings.
It wasn't until they came to Tennessee
under Holly coaching that their game
changed for the worse. Sorry to say,but go check out the archives of some of them online. Their skills have
REGRESSED.
Take Westbrook for instance, rated one or two by Hoopgurlz, hardly any turnovers in her game.Great players but....
Between there and here something happens to these girls.
Take a guess.
Can't blame this on Deshields or Cooper.
Maybe Holly needs to go home and don't come back like Diamond or given the chance to bow out like Cooper. I bet
both and Middleton are LMAOing right
about now.

Cooper who? Middleton who? Deshields who?

Three players who played when they wanted to play. wuteva?

Moving along, I would take Annie, E, Rennia, over those three any day. All three made the All-SEC Freshman team, all of them like to get in the gym, future looks bright, no more gaps in recruiting, no more bust, and Holly should be fine.

Nobody transferring, these ladies came to be a Lady Vols, to win a Championship, that is their collective goal, I hope Holly pushes them to reach it, or Bridgette or Dean, or Reaves...and the new batch of recruits are more gym rats, the future looks bright.

Weight room and court, all summer.

Middleton? Deshields? Cooper? Did any one of them play this year? Oh Diamond pro!

That was last year buddy. Let's leave the past in the past. Now moving forward, I would like to have Annie, Meme, E and Nia, as my guards next year, with a lil Massengil and Zay! Thanks!

I back Pat and roll with Holly!

Rennia was with the South Carolina players in Nashville after they beat TN. (Later that night). I hope SC is not recruiting her. I hope all 4 freshmen stay at TN.

Rennia was with the South Carolina players in Nashville after they beat TN. (Later that night). I hope SC is not recruiting her. I hope all 4 freshmen stay at TN.

Is there any question that South Carolina is good at that? Dirty transfer tactics. A third of their roster seems to be high level transfers every year. I think they are taught this in the program. It should be looked in to.

Reactions: 4 people

Moving along, I would take Annie, E, Rennia, over those three any day. All three made the All-SEC Freshman team, all of them like to get in the gym, future looks bright, no more gaps in recruiting, no more bust, and Holly should be fine.

Nobody transferring, these ladies came to be a Lady Vols, to win a Championship, that is their collective goal, I hope Holly pushes them to reach it, or Bridgette or Dean, or Reaves...and the new batch of recruits are more gym rats, the future looks bright.

Middleton? Deshields? Cooper? Did any one of them play this year? Oh Diamond pro!

That was last year buddy. Let's leave the past in the past. Now moving forward, I would like to have Annie, Meme, E and Nia, as my guards next year, with a lil Massengil and Zay! Thanks!

You roll with just about everybody ??? Just how far and where do you roll with Holly ....that should be a sight to behold....will you invite Lady Vol Fans to the next time you roll with holly ?

Here you go again trying to defend Holly who has no clue on how to beat a zone or coach. She blame every one else but herself for the failure of the Program under her leadership. Move on and take Holly with you.

Concerning turnovers for Evina and Annie, it would be interesting to know how many of the turnovers were:

Steal from a defensive player on dribble drive, etc.
Obvious bad pass
Good pass that should have been caught

Quite a few of the turnovers were from trying to ram the ball into the post being doubled covered. Is that pressure from the coach to get in the post?

Concerning turnovers for Evina and Annie, it would be interesting to know how many of the turnovers were:

Steal from a defensive player on dribble drive, etc.
Obvious bad pass
Good pass that should have been caught

Quite a few of the turnovers were from trying to ram the ball into the post being doubled covered. Is that pressure from the coach to get in the post?

Holly has said numerous times in her press conferences (paraphrase) "We get the ball inside to Russell...That's what we do"

It's like a neon sign...Turnover after turnover going inside.

The alarming thing about the frosh guard TOs (aside from sheer volume) was that so many of them did appear to be unforced. Also exaggerated, couldn't just throw a bad pass, had to put it three rows deep in the stands. Couldn't make one TO, had to make four in a three minute period.

My average fan diagnosis is it's mostly due to the frequent lapse into stagnant, no flow, I-gotta-get-rid-of-this-ball offense, also known as the LV halfcourt scheme. Also, as previously mentioned, they have an obvious mandate to pound inside at all cost.

By season end they had a bad case of the yips. Could see it in their faces, hear it in the stands:"Oh hell here we go again!" I realize they're freshman in a way faster, more intense game than they imagined. But I did kind of expect more.

Both players seem capable of being very good LVs with the right coaching and development IMO. Both have very nice upsides given a shot of confidence and a solid coaching support system. I hope both of them stay.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the comment about Rennia hanging out with the South Carolina players after being defeated by them in the SEC Tourney. Was it just a friendly thing or is there cause for concern?

Has anyone else realized that Dawn's success at USC has also been intertwined with UT connections? Nikki on staff for years. Now Jolette and Te'a on board. Wonder what Dawn's record is without her UT influence?

I'm interested in the comment about Rennia hanging out with the South Carolina players after being defeated by them in the SEC Tourney. Was it just a friendly thing or is there cause for concern?

Has anyone else realized that Dawn's success at USC has also been intertwined with UT connections? Nikki on staff for years. Now Jolette and Te'a on board. Wonder what Dawn's record is without her UT influence?

As I have stated before there seems to be something fishy going on with their recruiting tactics. Many of their key players have transferred in from other programs like UT, Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, etc. It is unreal. I don't recall another program ever landing that many transfers in a short amount. This is every year under Staley. I speculate there is some type of tampering from their program when it is this often. It makes them hard to like.

VN Store

Back