Transfers and Impact on Bowl Game

Only half a chance for Jennings. Hopefully he makes the most of it.

I think Jennings is going to be very attractive in NFL circles. Jim Nagy called him the most uniquely talented WR in this year's draft. In all candor, I don't think the bowl can hurt him unless he is literally hurt in it. I think it can only help. Jennings needs to win the combine more than he needs an impressive showing in a meaningless bowl.

Reactions: I40flyer
15 more practices gives the young players a lot more experience and conditioning, lessening the need for substitutions on the OL. Should be a minimum effect with losing 1 or 2 second teamers.
Unless you have injuries. With Kennedy injured and our tackles constantly getting nicked up, losing Tatum and RJ is a concern.

With the guys who entered the transfer portal, I wonder how much their leaving will impact our Gator Bowl performance. That is, will it hurt our depth enough to possibly lose the game? Do we have capable players to replace the transferees? Especially given how we're thin at the OL/DL. Just muttering to myself about this and decided to ask VN about it.
I wouldnt say we were thin at DL and im not sure we are really thin at OL. We played a ton of guys up front this year and it wasnt necessarily becuase of injury. We will probably start Wayna,Trey, Carvin, Jamir, & Darnell which is an extremely gifted, tough, physical group. We can rotate Calbert, Locklear, & Akporoghene. That gives u 8 guys with game experience. If Kennedy is healthy enough to play u add him and they shouldnt miss a beat. Im not overlooking IU but we have faced at least 8 better Dlines this year. GBO!!!

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
With the guys who entered the transfer portal, I wonder how much their leaving will impact our Gator Bowl performance. That is, will it hurt our depth enough to possibly lose the game? Do we have capable players to replace the transferees? Especially given how we're thin at the OL/DL. Just muttering to myself about this and decided to ask VN about it.
Here come the excuses. "Butch Gets It" was undefeated in bowl games while at UT. Furthermore, every player that left was "recruited over".

Here come the excuses. "Butch Gets It" was undefeated in bowl games while at UT. Furthermore, every player that left was "recruited over".

Thank you for not simply answering my question and instead offering snot and boogers.

Reactions: Ratvol
I think Jennings is going to be very attractive in NFL circles. Jim Nagy called him the most uniquely talented WR in this year's draft. In all candor, I don't think the bowl can hurt him unless he is literally hurt in it. I think it can only help. Jennings needs to win the combine more than he needs an impressive showing in a meaningless bowl.
Jennings will not show well in the combine imo. vertical is ok, Not fast, not all that big, not quick footed, but his tape will speak for itself. Jennings is a unique animal (Pitt bull) that will provide difficult matchups for nfl teams and he will be a valuable addition to someone’s roster since he wants to be the go to guy. He plays like the corner/ safety owes him money when he takes the ball away from them.

VN Store

Back