Transfer Tyreke Key (Tennessee commit)

I keep seeing people say we have too many guards. First of all Key is basically replacing Bailey. Second of all Edwards is basically replacing Q. So that’s about a push on guards. Then you’re going to have Yuri replacing Chandler when he commits. Then that’s about the same amount of guards as last years team. Also, Key is not a point guard. He can play there in a pinch but he’s not a PG. Your PGs are Yuri and Zakai. We have the same core as last years team and we are adding good pieces, so if you’re saying we are going to finish worst… then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Key chose Tennessee over Texas Tech, North Carolina, & Oklahoma. Not sure what the complaint is here, other than the fact that we have a large group of fans who make a sport of being miserable.

With Key and Powell making the strides needed we might be a better outside shooting team next year.

I keep seeing people say we have too many guards. First of all Key is basically replacing Bailey. Second of all Edwards is basically replacing Q. So that’s about a push on guards. Then you’re going to have Yuri replacing Chandler when he commits. Then that’s about the same amount of guards as last years team. Also, Key is not a point guard. He can play there in a pinch but he’s not a PG. Your PGs are Yuri and Zakai. We have the same core as last years team and we are adding good pieces, so if you’re saying we are going to finish worst… then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

We are not adding anything remotely close to Chandler. He was arguably the best point guard in the country.

We are not adding anything remotely close to Chandler. He was arguably the best point guard in the country.
Chandler was great for us and by the end of the season he was exceeding my expectations however, he wasn’t even selected all SEC. As much as I liked his game, I’m going to believe the coaches know more about how good he was verses my fandom. JMO

Reactions: knox73
Yuri will be our starting PG if he comes here. Only JJJ/Vescovi and maybe Nkamhoua will get more minutes than him.
Then get him .. Key seems like he would be in a rotation with Viscovi, JJJ , Edward's and Powell then . Still alot of guards

I think if you think of Key as a replacement for Bailey it's an upgrade. I see him as more of a 2/1 or even 2/3 than a 1/2 he is not being brought in to play PG minutes IMO he is that third guard in a 3-guard rotation. SV's backup if u must..because of all players that's whose skill set seems to be most similar. If we spend one more scholly on a more pure point and the last 2 on big wings/posts we are in good shape. I trust in Barnes' eye for talent and anyone that does not needs some help. He seems to be the 3-star whisperer and great at identifying and developing talent.

Key/Vescovi/Powell/Edwards are not true PGs. Need someone to start over or backup ZZ.
This exactly....We won't know with Edwards till he gets here.. but the other guys are 2's that can get you some quality rotational mins at the point but not your starting PG period.

This team, if it stays healthy, could be a better team come March than this last year’s team was. A) ON, especially with another year of development, gives us an inside scoring threat that they lacked after his injury; B) Aidoo will develop. So our inside game should be far superior to what it was; C) Collins, if Tennessee lands him, isn’t Chandler, but does a lot to mitigate that loss. He was the nation’s assist leader; D) everyone else will have another year of development. JJJ could very well be a superstar; E) Key could be a guy who, when others go cold from outside, ignites the outside shooting. Could’ve used that against Michigan.

If Nkamhoua can produce Grant Williams like numbers next season, this team will take a huge step forward.

If our mediocre 4 man randomly starts churning out 2 time SEC POY stats lol
tenor.png

VN Store

Back