'24 Transfer Portal

The upside is that a 3rd round pick is better than UDFA, which is what he’s likely to be if he doesn’t return.

He’s likely not going to go R1 or R2 either way. But the only chance he has to go that high is to come back. In fact, that’s likely the only chance he has to get drafted at all. That gruesome injury will hurt him this year far more than his age will hurt him next year.
I don't know if he gets drafted at all, but if he's good, he can make more money going to the NFL. The risk is far greater coming back.

He won’t be well enough to participate in the combine. That’s what ruins your thesis. A tweener body type like Bru, coming off a scary injury isn’t getting graded without working out. Everyone has advised him to rehab and return.
I get that. But he can more as an UDFA if he's any good.

I don't know if he gets drafted at all, but if he's good, he can make more money going to the NFL. The risk is far greater coming back.
What risk? You can’t risk something you don’t have. He can’t go through the combine or pro days. He’s damaged goods. He probably won’t even be 100% by fall. He may not even be able to pass physical to be on an NFL team even if one took a flyer on him. He’s not risking anything by coming back because he has nothing to lose. If he goes pro now, he’s probably done with football.

Worst case…he comes back and gets hurt, doesn’t get drafted…which is exactly where he almost certainly ends up if he leaves now. But he might come back, play well, get healthy, and actually get drafted and stick with a team.

So no, the risk isn’t too great. Because he’s not risking anything for a chance to get drafted in 2025.

Prob be next year, unless he has and I missed it, but I want that Ponds kid from JMU, freshman all american. 5’9 corner, but dude is a beast, jeez.

Hope he enters the portal lol.

Honey Badger

Prob be next year, unless he has and I missed it, but I want that Ponds kid from JMU, freshman all american. 5’9 corner, but dude is a beast, jeez.

Hope he enters the portal lol.

Honey Badger
5'9"?? Better have one huge vertical. Not sure how successful a corner that size would be in this league in today's game.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
What risk? You can’t risk something you don’t have. He can’t go through the combine or pro days. He’s damaged goods. He probably won’t even be 100% by fall. He may not even be able to pass physical to be on an NFL team even if one took a flyer on him. He’s not risking anything by coming back because he has nothing to lose. If he goes pro now, he’s probably done with football.

Worst case…he comes back and gets hurt, doesn’t get drafted…which is exactly where he almost certainly ends up if he leaves now. But he might come back, play well, get healthy, and actually get drafted and stick with a team.

So no, the risk isn’t too great. Because he’s not risking anything for a chance to get drafted in 2025.
His availability is why I'm hoping for another WR from the portal. I'm a bit skeptical about a true freshman in this offense and in this league plus I'm not sold on Webb, Nimrod and Leacock(sp?) for next season.

Not disagreeing, but I love his game.

It prob wouldn’t translate well. Oh well, prob never know
Probably. Seems like every guy that us fans focus their sights on isn't what the coaches are looking for. Probably....no...definitely a good thing.

Yep! Just like Johnathan Echols. Forget about the the stars by their name, if they’re committing to Purdue or USF they obviously had no interest from power programs
Maybe just maybe he wants to be an engineer…. Not all schools are chosen bc of athletics some are chosen bc of academics

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Maybe just maybe he wants to be an engineer…. Not all schools are chosen bc of athletics some are chosen bc of academics
Echols flipped to South Florida because his relationship to the staff was with Golesh and he isn’t a natural TE so he knew he wouldn’t see the field immediately here. He is already one of the best athletes on their team and can get on the field faster.

Echols flipped to South Florida because his relationship to the staff was with Golesh and he isn’t a natural TE so he knew he wouldn’t see the field immediately here. He is already one of the best athletes on their team and can get on the field faster.
Ok
I definitely didn’t know that
I just thought we got out recruited by USF

Pretty comical looking back at the posters who were concerned with the staff bc there hadn’t been reports of UT reaching out to Nyland Green in the portal
You can disagree, but I think he has lots of potential, it just went untapped at Georgia. I'll be interested to see if the Purdue staff can develop him, or if he'll bust. When you stack 5*'s like UGA, it's easy to lose some in the shuffle who don't receive the coaching they need.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You can disagree, but I think he has lots of potential, it just went untapped at Georgia. I'll be interested to see if the Purdue staff can develop him, or if he'll bust. When you stack 5*'s like UGA, it's easy to lose some in the shuffle who don't receive the coaching they need.

Doesn’t matter if I disagree, but seems like the good programs’ coaching staffs in the country disagree. Otherwise he wouldn’t be at Purdue.

Worst case is he comes back, gets a worse injury and never plays in the NFL.

He had 13 tackles in 3 years. McCoy was more productive as a true freshman.

Worst case is he comes back, gets a worse injury and never plays in the NFL.
So he can come back and risk not playing in the NFL in exchange for the opportunity work his way into an NFL opportunity that doesn’t currently exist OR he can leave now, risk losing that opportunity that doesn’t presently exist, and probably never play in the NFL. You’re choosing Door #2. Okie dokie.

As an attorney, I’d LOVE to see you in the other side of a negotiating table. 😉 Regardiess, hope Bru has a bright future whatever he chooses. And I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back