Transfer portal discussion

Lol I hope so.... Squirrel is good but no WR in Tennessee history has done what Jalin has done this season. No one expected it. I get being excited for the Squirrel and he will fill the role nicely but 15 td catches regardless is a feat
Well I mean like half of Jalin's TD's he just wasn't covered, or we just got him on a mismatch in a single high safety look.

The same can be done with Squirrel. But I mean Hyatt still can't break tackles, isn't very physical and isn't very elusive. Squirrel can do more.

Well I mean like half of Jalin's TD's he just wasn't covered, or we just got him on a mismatch in a single high safety look.

The same can be done with Squirrel. But I mean Hyatt still can't break tackles, isn't very physical and isn't very elusive. Squirrel can do more.
If you watch some of the film breakdown videos on YouTube, Hyatt is more advanced as a route runner than you think. It's not all because of scheme. He's worked really hard to become more nuanced in that area.

Last edited:
Hyatt is awesome and yes he’s better than you think running routes. But the poster is right about the breaking tackles and not very elusive with the ball in his hands. If you’re behind him then you’re toast but if not he’s not shaking you at all.
SC exploited it perfectly too with Cam Smith. I’m as big a Hyatt fan as anyone, dude can run away from anybody but he can’t make people miss in the open field. In the same scheme I truly believe Squirrel could be just as effective or more.

Hyatt is awesome and yes he’s better than you think running routes. But the poster is right about the breaking tackles and not very elusive with the ball in his hands. If you’re behind him then you’re toast but if not he’s not shaking you at all.
I hope he comes back. I'm just saying that he may go in the first round despite his deficiencies. He still has room to get stronger and faster. The NFL takes guys in the first round all the time based on potential.

Elusive like running by defenders? Thats pretty elusive. Some is scheme but not all. If he gets a clean release they can not stay with him. By the time they turn he is gone. That is his game. He isn't shifty like some guys but he can absolutely make a mive to get open

Elusive like running by defenders? Thats pretty elusive. Some is scheme but not all. If he gets a clean release they can not stay with him. By the time they turn he is gone. That is his game. He isn't shifty like some guys but he can absolutely make a mive to get open
In the NFL, all you need is one step of separation because most QBs are that accurate. He can most definitely, consistently get that one step.

It truly baffles me that Hyatt gets the disrespect he does. Waddle and Da'Vonte both had plays specifically designed for them. I Hyatt has had 5 or drops all season. He does not have bad hands. Sometimes people have a bad game. Even in the NFL. I hope he returns next season but I do not think it is likely. I could see an extra year benefitting him and more time to get stronger, could also see it hurting him if the QB position isn't solidified. Believe he enters the draft imo

The potential to break records is there in this offense, but I don't think people realize the greatness they've observed this season because HH and Hyatt have made it look so easy.
I hope their work ethic is something that they learn from going into next year. Hyatt was good not just because of scheme, it was because he put in the work to be good

David Shaw stepped down at Stanford. They probably will have some enter the portal. Fisher Anderson seems like the type of guy to stick it out tho on guys we targeted

Reactions: VolNash17
David Shaw stepped down at Stanford. They probably will have some enter the portal. Fisher Anderson seems like the type of guy to stick it out tho on guys we targeted

Can’t imagine anyone 2-4 semesters away from a Stanford degree packing it in. I would murder my kid. Anderson would be amazing though.

It truly baffles me that Hyatt gets the disrespect he does. Waddle and Da'Vonte both had plays specifically designed for them. I Hyatt has had 5 or drops all season. He does not have bad hands. Sometimes people have a bad game. Even in the NFL. I hope he returns next season but I do not think it is likely. I could see an extra year benefitting him and more time to get stronger, could also see it hurting him if the QB position isn't solidified. Believe he enters the draft imo
Those two were usually always running wide open because of Sarks scheme and Bama’s oline giving Tua 20 seconds to throw.

This is just the start. I think the other WR from Missouri leaves too and a good chance Barrion Brown from KY leaves. Portal will heat up over the next few days.
Lovett is 3rd in the league in receiving and would be a great replacement for Hyatt. He is by far the best of the 3 WRs you mention.

VN Store

Back