Transfer Portal

I try to make new or update threads when I see someone enter that we had recruited in past or might be a position of need...I don't generally bother with FCS or 2 star guys that aren't likely to be targets for us... if you are on Twitter the Rivals acct does a good job

Here's an example..4 star but out at Cal...even though he would be position of need at DB....doubt we reach out

Reactions: volnut1
The transfer portal will get very active from Thanksgiving through the New Year as kids will want to change schools and get enrolled for the January term…of course some may be close to finishing a degree and need to stay at least one more term but the first and second year players looking to move will most likely move in the next month. That said, there are plenty of low rated players who’ve been in the portal awhile and they are probably done - just don’t know it yet.

350 currently in 2022 portal. would not be surprised to see that number double by end of next week with seasons wrapping up this weekend.

Here is my list. I sort by school.

Many of theses kids have ended their football careers and likely their education with unwise decisions. The grass is not always greener on another football team.

Is there a place / thread that has a comprehensive, up-to-date list of every player currently in the transfer portal and who they're leaning toward?
That’s such a cool helmet you have as your avatar. Random I know but I wish we’d add those to the rotation

Many of theses kids have ended their football careers and likely their education with unwise decisions. The grass is not always greener on another football team.

that is true. many go into portal who have been dismissed from their team / school or have graduated. Many of the grads are just checking for one last chance to maybe play and many of those played little where they have been.

in 2021, there 1,775 players in the portal. 384 of them ended up with no new school. Many went into workplace while those dismissals, hard to know where they headed.

Takin' the Mullen approach to recruiting :):)

they are going to be extremely picky and try to fill those spots with transfers that are critical. PLUS, after Mitchell and Evans, vetting them is going to be important to the staff. fit is going to be very important.

Reactions: Batman1948
How many can we take? Is there a limit on players we can take through the portal? Or is that determined by available roster spots?

VN Store

Back