Transfer Portal vs coaches moving.

Has anyone thought that if a head coach leaves, the players on his roster
Could all go with him? I mean to me there should be rule that says players can’t transfer to the school their coach went to, for at least 2 years.
Coaches without ethics could tell the school that hires them that they can bring several of their players with them, thus destroying the team they are leaving. Every other school is fine, just not where their coach goes
Seem to remember a certain coach leaving TN and a certain assistant calling EE's asking them to not go to class, so they could follow the staff elsewhere. The names escape me, could I get a little help on this one. Seems rather low class don't ya think?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
You people realize the school the coach goes to already had players there which are on scholarship. There is a limit of such players, so not many from the coaches former school could follow unless all the players from the new school went somewhere else.

This is worrying about things that, 1) you cant change, and 2) would never happen

I think the ncaa should retire and appoint a commissioner. Then let’s players for a union. Then after like 20 years 32 teams will be left. They play a 17 game season. We call it nfl II.

5. Sabotaging the 2010 recruiting class
It’s par for the course that your recruiting class takes a hit when a coach leaves, and the Vols suffered that in 2010. However, Kiffin and his assistant Ed Orgeron took it to another level. The rumor was that Orgeron, who followed Kiffin from the Vols to USC as an assistant, told early UT enrollees not to go to class so they could then decommit and join USC.
Orgeron admitted he spoked to them to The Los Angeles Times, despite Kiffin denying he knew of it in his introductory press conference. The good news for UT at the time was it didn’t have an effect, as no Vol commitments went to USC.
However, Tennessee football lost out on some talent. Four-star defensive lineman Brandon Willis, four-star defensive back Ahmad Dixon, four-star defensive end J.C. Copeland and four-star wide receiver Markeith Ambles all committed elsewhere. Ambles did follow Kiffin to USC. That doesn’t even include the guys they lost out. Dooley still got a top 10 class, but it could have been No. 1.

What pisses me off the most is that Kiffen had basically already accepted the USC job before half-time against VA Tech in the Peach Bowl.
17-10 at half-time & the players said that he went into the back office & NEVER SAID A WORD!

VN Store

Back