Transfer Portal Thread

Yeah, it's cute how an article from prior to the 2019 tournament constitutes 4 of the last 10 while ignoring that neither of the last two title teams implemented the 1-A-D strategy. So, at best, it's currently 4 of the last 12, and as I said, that timeline is heavily frontloaded.

But hey, he's arguing with 3-year olds...maybe he figured we wouldn't notice. 🥴

It’s not even 4. 2010 Duke were veterans. 2009 UNC were Lawson, Ellington, Hansborough, Danny Green- all upper class men. 2008 Kansas didn’t rely on a one and done. We all know the makeup of the 2006 and 2007 UF teams.

It’s 2 out of the last many.

It’s not even 4. 2010 Duke were veterans. 2009 UNC were Lawson, Ellington, Hansborough, Danny Green- all upper class men. 2008 Kansas didn’t rely on a one and done. We all know the makeup of the 2006 and 2007 UF teams.

It’s 2 out of the last many.
No, I agree...I’m just taking his/her own example that they believe is a valid number and disproving it’s validity even in a best-case scenario. 4 out of 12 is still a poor return on the belief that relying primarily on 1-A-D freshmen is the most effective method of roster construction to build a championship team.

That had nothing to do with it. It had to do with the higher ups who made the rules.
I meant the year as a whole was stunted by COVID, therefore they weren't fully developed. The team didn't get a real offseason/ time to develop chemistry. Trust me, I thought the whole COVID bs was dumb af, as I'm sure you felt the same way.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
We made the tournament... I would argue that they weren't fully developed because of COVID

I hear ya on that, you're correct. But all teams faced Covid. I guess it hit some harder than others, but it hit blue bloods hard, so maybe it hit teams that were relying on one and dones harder. So you have a good point.

Reactions: Maxwell865
So we seem dead set on adding Tamba and holding the 13th? Disappointing if we had a shot at Ado. I'd rather have him next season, even if it meant telling Tamba to hold off for a year.

How many years does Ado have left? Just curious why we wouldn't use that 13th spot? If he were to turn pro after the season, would we not have it open again?

How many years does Ado have left? Just curious why we wouldn't use that 13th spot? If he were to turn pro after the season, would we not have it open again?
I think they want to leave a spot open in case there's a midseason transfer or early enrollee recruit they want. I think Barnes wanted to go after Oscar Tshiebwe but couldn't because we didn't have an open scholarship to take him.

I think they want to leave a spot open in case there's a midseason transfer or early enrollee recruit they want. I think Barnes wanted to go after Oscar Tshiebwe but couldn't because we didn't have an open scholarship to take him.
This. Caleb Mills was another mid year transfer that we may have had interest in but again, no scholarship.

This. Caleb Mills was another mid year transfer that we may have had interest in but again, no scholarship.
My only contention is that I feel we are in good enough shape in the 2022 class that I would add to this current roster for a year and skip a potehryei mid year guy.

Open spot, Chandler and BHH(a given?) that’s 3...I’m sure someone transfers and maybe there’s a surprise NBA guy (James?), but 4 seems like a pretty realistic number.

Given our positioning with 2022 guys I would think landing 4 of our priority targets is very plausible.

My only contention is that I feel we are in good enough shape in the 2022 class that I would add to this current roster for a year and skip a potehryei mid year guy.

Open spot, Chandler and BHH(a given?) that’s 3...I’m sure someone transfers and maybe there’s a surprise NBA guy (James?), but 4 seems like a pretty realistic number.

Given our positioning with 2022 guys I would think landing 4 of our priority targets is very plausible.
I agree. I think the added benefit of Ado is worth a potential miss elsewhere at mid-year, and frankly, I'd sacrifice a year with Tamba on the roster developing to add Ado, now, if the staff is simply hell-bent on keeping an open spot. Tamba doesn't have to reclass.

I agree. I think the added benefit of Ado is worth a potential miss elsewhere at mid-year, and frankly, I'd sacrifice a year with Tamba on the roster developing to add Ado, now, if the staff is simply hell-bent on keeping an open spot. Tamba doesn't have to reclass.
bingo….my thoughts exactly 👍👍

Reactions: cncchris33
Corey Walker transferring to South Florida. I went to school there for a while in the early 70’s before transferring back to UT. The school is in Tampa and is in the same conference as Houston and Memphis.
I hope he finds what he is looking for there. I never could figure out what his issue at UT was.

Corey Walker transferring to South Florida. I went to school there for a while in the early 70’s before transferring back to UT. The school is in Tampa and is in the same conference as Houston and Memphis.
I hope he finds what he is looking for there. I never could figure out what his issue at UT was.
Lots of rumors, but I don't think we'll ever know. Will be interesting to see how his career goes from here on out.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Unfortunately Auburn will beat us like a drum agin this year. We need to capitalize vs LSU

I don’t know why, I just have a feeling this is the year we beat them. Pearl has a ridiculously good record against Barnes’. He’s going to drop 1 eventually. I feel like that will be this year.

But, we’ll end up dropping a few to teams we shouldn’t, too. The SEC is just so deep now.

Reactions: ClasslessVol
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but thinking CRB is “below average” is nothing more than a troll statement. You don’t keep getting hired for 30+ years as a head coach and you don’t win over 600 games being “below average”. Maybe you could argue he’s not an “elite” game manager and still sound like a reasonable person. He’s obviously very good at the whole package of being a college bball coach, but no one is likely to be elite at every aspect of their profession. If CRB is a below average game manager then I wish we could find one of those for every sport at UT
Unlike in the pros, I think game management is a small part of the job. Barnes is good or excellent at most everything else, but I will stick with my characterization of his game management

Reactions: i2amavol
Is KD Johnson that short, fat PG, because I've seen him live and wasn't impressed ?

Edit: nah, I googled him, not who I thought it was, still Camara was the best player on that Georgia team, I saw at TBA

VN Store

Back