Transfer Portal Thread

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but thinking CRB is “below average” is nothing more than a troll statement. You don’t keep getting hired for 30+ years as a head coach and you don’t win over 600 games being “below average”. Maybe you could argue he’s not an “elite” game manager and still sound like a reasonable person. He’s obviously very good at the whole package of being a college bball coach, but no one is likely to be elite at every aspect of their profession. If CRB is a below average game manager then I wish we could find one of those for every sport at UT

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but thinking CRB is “below average” is nothing more than a troll statement. You don’t keep getting hired for 30+ years as a head coach and you don’t win over 600 games being “below average”. Maybe you could argue he’s not an “elite” game manager and still sound like a reasonable person. He’s obviously very good at the whole package of being a college bball coach, but no one is likely to be elite at every aspect of their profession. If CRB is a below average game manager then I wish we could find one of those for every sport at UT

Just think, we actually had some posters recommend Wes Miller and Steve Forbes over Barnes.

That should tell you all you need to know.

I would be the least surprised if Bailey lost minutes. Bailey clearly has high scoring potential when he’s feeling it, but his bball IQ at times is baffling. Has way too many shake your head moments for a guy who started college 4 years ago

Bailey could be the top scoring option coming off the bench next season.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I mean, he could be, but so could Vescovi.

Vescovi is a better overall shooter, and he's defense has improved from his first year and is better than Bailey's. If I had to choose between those 2 for top scorer off the bench, I'm going Santi.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Good chance that Vescovi and Bailey are both in the game late when protecting a lead and milking the clock. Both are pretty reliable free throw shooters when under pressure. I think that JJJ is also in the game late in that situation. Fifth spot to either Fulk or the most coachable freshman. Plus Chandler of course.

I mean, he could be, but so could Vescovi.

Vescovi is a better overall shooter, and he's defense has improved from his first year and is better than Bailey's. If I had to choose between those 2 for top scorer off the bench, I'm going Santi.
I predict Powell will challenge Bailey for top scorer off the bench

Problem is, Barnes will have to call time out after he scores because he will let the player he is guarding will hit a lay up. When he is hot on offense, he is the best scorer on the team. When he is not hot, he is a real load for the team to carry. If he becomes consistent on offense and decides to play defense, he could be a real asset to the team.

I think Powell is a big impact for us the following season. After we lose Chandler and could lose JJJ as well. Next year I'd say BHH or Aidoo has the biggest immediate impact outside of Chandler.

Chandler likely ends up starting at the PG spot, that'll leave SV, Bailey, and JJJ playing for minutes for the 2 & 3 spots. BHH, Fulky, Aidoo, ORN playing for the other 2 spots on the court. Guys like Powell and Mashack will be off the bench players. If we're lucky they'll be really good and push for more minutes giving us a deeper rotation and better distribution of minutes among 8 or 9 players. Looks like we got 11 on scholarship at the moment, so will be interesting to see where we go to fill the next 2 spots. Tamba seems like one of them, but who fills the other?

Guards:
Chandler
Santi
JJJ
Bailey
Mashack
Quentin
Powell

Forwards:
Fulky
BHH
Aidoo
Olivier
Plavsic
At best Chandler is going to be our only PG of any sure skills. Where do we go if he ends up being injury prone or not expected to be all that good at that spot? Then we have to rely on PG with what we had last year and I don't think that will be in our best interest. I hope I am wrong.

At best Chandler is going to be our only PG of any sure skills. Where do we go if he ends up being injury prone or not expected to be all that good at that spot? Then we have to rely on PG with what we had last year and I don't think that will be in our best interest. I hope I am wrong.

Powell is also a PG.

VN Store

Back