Transfer Portal Thread

For real... Dude slammed it 4 times in a row then caught a block haha... Major want but maybe headed to Ohio State if he wants to stay close to him
Fitting, he reminds me of Greg Oden. I always wondered how he ended up at Shawnee, which for those of you who are unfamiliar, is an equivalent to like a Maryville College or University of the Cumberlands. Just really strange that he flew that much under the radar to this point.

Was just getting ready to mention him. Plays for Shawnee State up here in my area. Really good player at this level (NAIA). Tennessee would seem to offer a big stage and he’d be a guy who wouldn’t necessarily command 25 mpg.

475 career blocks in 116 career games (4.1 per game).
You live in Portsmouth?

And Rupps Rafters will explode in 3...,2...,1....
It is a fixable situation via the portal, especially for a high-profile program like UK, but still is going to hurt. They are in it hot and heavy for Sahvir Wheeler from UGA, and he can help soften the blow, but PG was already their weakest position and losing Hickman leaves them currently with no one at PG. Even if Wheeler signs, they will need additional help assuming Mintz doesn’t return which it’s still possible he does.

It is a fixable situation via the portal, especially for a high-profile program like UK, but still is going to hurt. They are in it hot and heavy for Sahvir Wheeler from UGA, and he can help soften the blow, but PG was already their weakest position and losing Hickman leaves them currently with no one at PG. Even if Wheeler signs, they will need additional help assuming Mintz doesn’t return which it’s still possible he does.
Their fans seem to think Mintz is returning and that they will land Carr and/or TyTy

Their fans seem to think Mintz is returning and that they will land Carr and/or TyTy
To be fair, their fans think they could land Michael Jordan if the opportunity presented itself, but yes, they have options. Just not a great look for a high profile kid like Hickman to bolt before his first game and the coaching turnover they have experienced this offseason. Just seems like something is amiss. May be nothing.

The problem with Mintz returning is that he wasn’t the solution for their PG situation last year. He’s a shooter. They had issues last year and now lost Askew and Hickman. Grady is a SG.

We could take both Tamba and Onu
I know, but he is technically a ‘22. No reason to take a guy who isn’t physically ready and a project if you can take a one year guy who can drain threes for you off the bench.

So them getting a 4* guy puts them at the top of the league?
They also got Pinson as well. I didn’t say top of the league. I said in the top of the league. They finished 3rd last season and played for the SECT championship. I’d expect them to be around top 4 again. Also, he’s a transfer from Illinois and a very solid player.

I wouldn’t take Tamba unless it’s next season. I think someone like Onu would be a perfect fit and then just find a sharp shooter who can hit 2-3 threes in 10-12 min a night.

If the staff thinks he can better develop on our bench than another year in HS then I am good with it. Training table and weight training could be the key to him becoming highly productive the following year. With the transfer portal in full swing the bird in the hand value is down. I will go with our staff's evaluation.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
I mean... they got pinson, miller, and eason but I'm not sure that makes up for losing smart, thomas, and watford. Pinson is quality, but otherwise you're talking about guys that averaged 8/3 and 7/6 respectively. Good rotational guys but I'm not sure they're total game changers.

Darius days also declared but hasnt signed with an agent as far as I can tell. I'm not sure who else may be leaving.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Nolan Hickman decommits from Kentucky. That will hurt.
Kentucky now has 7 scholarship players, with Mintz and Brooks still havent announced that they are coming back yet, and no point guards on the roster. They are in the middle of a lot of big names in the transfer portal, but Its very interesting to say the least

Reactions: Vol49er

VN Store

Back