Transfer Portal Thread

The 15 best transfer pickups in college basketball so far

2020-21 stats: 11.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.7 apg in 10 games; 42.9% FG, 44.2% 3P

Many felt that Powell would head home to Kentucky, and he did end up staying in the SEC — but at Tennessee. He's a big, skilled point guard who should fit great next to 5-star freshman Kennedy Chandler. Tennessee didn't have enough shooting last season, and while Powell probably isn't quite as good of an outside threat as he showed in limited action last season, he will be an improvement for the Vols there.

In addition, Powell has four years of eligibility remaining. Slam dunk addition for Tennessee.

Keyonte Johnson is coming back to Florida next year (assuming he is cleared to play). The SEC is going to be so much better on paper next year than it has been the past 5+ years
That actually makes me glad, I would have hated for his college career to end the way it did. Hopefully he can have a good season and make himself some money in the future

That actually makes me glad, I would have hated for his college career to end the way it did. Hopefully he can have a good season and make himself some money in the future
I hope Johnson gets to play next year, as well. I can’t remember what caused him to black out, but it wasn’t COVID. He is apparently a well thought of young man, unlike someone else from Florida who I will not name.
An early (very early) bracket had FL as a bubble team, but with Johnson, they might hover around 20-25 in early rankings. Regardless, the SEC might be one of the toughest conferences in BB next year.

Reactions: Vol49er and Willy14

VN Store

Back