Transfer Portal Thread

Amazing how many players entering the portal. It’s becoming similar to free agency in professional sports.
IMO, pretty much what it is.....Put your name in the open market and see if someone picks you up. What's going to be interesting is with so many in the portal what happens with the ones that don't get offers.

IMO, pretty much what it is.....Put your name in the open market and see if someone picks you up. What's going to be interesting is with so many in the portal what happens with the ones that don't get offers.
Just the same as if they were in high school but with better evaluations. They’ll end up at a school somewhere. Also, I think the trend is that most kids go into a portal AFTER a coach leaves. Devonte Gaines went to George Mason. We ended up with with a Maquette commit after we got Ganey

Just entered the portal. He can play the four from what i’ve read.

100% yes, please. This would be a near perfect fit. I’m sure some would prefer a guy that’s closer to 7 feet, but I would think it’s hard to get a better SF from the portal than Coleman. Would be a huge boon to our rotation in the post.

EDIT: Wait, is he 6’6” or 6’8”? That’s a big difference and his profile says both.

Reactions: berryvol
100% yes, please. This would be a near perfect fit. I’m sure some would prefer a guy that’s closer to 7 feet, but I would think it’s hard to get a better SF from the portal than Coleman. Would be a huge boon to our rotation in the post.

EDIT: Wait, is he 6’6” or 6’8”? That’s a big difference and his profile says both.

Seeing him listed at 6'7 229. Nice small ball 4 who can board, or a big wing who can run. Would be a great addition.

Yeah seeing 6'7" on ESPN & Rivals, probably a 6'6" kid barefoot who is borderline 6'8" in shoes (like Grant is)

He played 5mpg on a not good Duke team, what am I missing about this that’s a “100% yes please”?

He played 5mpg on a not good Duke team, what am I missing about this that’s a “100% yes please”?

I'm not going to hold this past season against him. It is inarguably the strangest season in CBB history, and Coach K spent more time trying to get the season shut down than he did coach. He's a former Top 50 recruit, 6'8", nice frame, and has 4-years of eligibility left. Could be a change of scenery is all he needs.

I'm not going to hold this past season against him. It is inarguably the strangest season in CBB history, and Coach K spent more time trying to get the season shut down than he did coach. He's a former Top 50 recruit, 6'8", nice frame, and has 4-years of eligibility left. Could be a change of scenery is all he needs.

I tend to think we will be looking for someone a little more experienced

It could be, or he could be a bust...not saying there’s no potential, just not sure I agree with the 100% can’t miss type of take. And as has been mentioned, the staff is looking for an experienced AND proven big, he’s neither.

Good point. I assume some may be able to return their current school or a mid major.

Also, presumably he just wants to play more than he has been. I doubt we’re going to get some stud to come in and play backup to a freshman in that position. He could come here and at least get decent backup minutes in his first year and potentially all the minutes he can handle in the next season. I’ll gladly take my chances on a former 4* Duke freshman who wasn’t happy w PT. Of course that’s all in theory. I don’t know anything about this kid or if he would be a good fit for that role. And tbh I’m starting to have a hard time seeing where all the minutes are going next year.

I'm just amazed how easily teams could be built from the portal alone. End of the day, it's all about finding the right players with the right chemistry, but with all the talent out there, a gambling man could put together some great teams if he hits the jackpot.

Reactions: Plecoptera

VN Store

Back