Transfer Portal Thread

Watched him a lot over the years, never overly impressed. Numbers are pedestrian, besides the blocks. You guys just like his ability as a role-player, defensive enforcer? Just curious on the heavy buy in. Not saying he's bad at all, but you both appear very excited about it.

Who’s the last Vol to average 6+rpg and 2+bpg? Even Kyle Alexander didn’t do it, although he for somewhat close...so if you’re talking about adding a Kyle Alexander but 40lbs heavier I think you can understand the excitement there. Fulky struggles banging against bigger guys, Aidoo likely will as well, BHH isn’t going to want to do that, Ado would fill the spot.

Who’s the last Vol to average 6+rpg and 2+bpg? Even Kyle Alexander didn’t do it, although he for somewhat close...so if you’re talking about adding a Kyle Alexander but 40lbs heavier I think you can understand the excitement there. Fulky struggles banging against bigger guys, Aidoo likely will as well, BHH isn’t going to want to do that, Ado would fill the spot.
Pons almost did it the past two seasons. But I get your point. I would love to have Ado.

I’m hoping the staff can pull it off, they’ve been trying, he would be PERFECT for this roster
When we were discussing players from Hamilton Heights you said you didn’t think our fans would have been interested in the stats Ado has produced at Miss St....appears the mood may have shifted

Rather have 1 year of Ado or 2 years of Nfaly Dante?
That’s a tough one, Dante is a lot of unknown with his injury and also not like when healthy he’s been a star...I would say ceiling is higher on Dante but floor is lower, you know what you’re getting with Ado.

When we were discussing players from Hamilton Heights you said you didn’t think our fans would have been interested in the stats Ado has produced at Miss St....appears the mood may have shifted
Not as a 4 year starting big man, that’s not what he’s be coming here as, you get that right?

Watched him a lot over the years, never overly impressed. Numbers are pedestrian, besides the blocks. You guys just like his ability as a role-player, defensive enforcer? Just curious on the heavy buy in. Not saying he's bad at all, but you both appear very excited about it.
You misinterpreted my post. My reply was to Rob Lewis's comment, "Not sure how interested he would be given the now crowded front court."

That said, I do think he'd be a solid addition as a rim protector, rebounder, and occasional scoring threat on putbacks if he were willing to accept that role. Gives him a chance to be a contributor on a legit NCAAT contender, which Mississippi State might not be.

Reactions: StarBar33
If I had to bet ARK will get miller. Muss thrives in the portal. I really think Miller would fit incredibly well here, but a pipe dream.

CJ Black in 1997-98: 12.6 ppg, 6.8 rbpg, 2.5 bpg

Damn near 25 years, so yea...this guy would bring something we haven’t had in awhile.

For sure, I'd take Ado. Let him play center mostly and then use the 3/4 to rotate Aidoo, BHH, and Fulky in/out. Cause I think all 3 of them are better suited doing that than being true centers.

Grant's freshmen season he went 5.9 rbpg, with 1.9 bpg.

Still I don't think Ado would be first on my "want" list, but if he's who they end up with to finish the roster it wouldn't bother me. Miller outta A&M would be more desirable to me personally, proven scoring especially in league would be very helpful on this overhauled and now extremely young roster.

For sure, I'd take Ado. Let him play center mostly and then use the 3/4 to rotate Aidoo, BHH, and Fulky in/out. Cause I think all 3 of them are better suited doing that than being true centers.

Grant's freshmen season he went 5.9 rbpg, with 1.9 bpg.

Still I don't think Ado would be first on my "want" list, but if he's who they end up with to finish the roster it wouldn't bother me. Miller outta A&M would be more desirable to me personally, proven scoring especially in league would be very helpful on this overhauled and now extremely young roster.
I think you’d have a hard time playing BHH & Miller together, and neither of those guys is going to want to sit...

Part of filling another spot is taking someone that isn’t going to disrupt the roster/chemistry, I don’t think a guy like Ado would be an issue...that’s also why I had been an advocate for Tyreke Key, similar deal.

At this point I feel like we are pretty much who we are, not gonna add really any top end guys to what we have...more looking just to add some depth and experience.

VN Store

Back