Transfer Portal Thread

I don’t think it’s good for him either. That to me would suggest he just isn’t happy being in the US since he isn’t considering transferring to other schools.

This would hurt, because I have high hopes for Vescovi next year. I wonder where we would go to replace him.
If he does leave then I think it has a lot to do with us getting justin powell. It really would stink to see him leave, as you said I had high hopes the next couple of years

I don’t think it’s good for him either. That to me would suggest he just isn’t happy being in the US since he isn’t considering transferring to other schools.

This would hurt, because I have high hopes for Vescovi next year. I wonder where we would go to replace him.

Mac McClung 😂

I hope Vescovi stays but going pro wouldn't surprise me. He's aggressively pursued basketball opportunities all over the world already. He's probably never going to be an NBA player but can start making nice money in Europe. Very skeptical of most fox radio guys in Knoxville though.

Reactions: Vols All Day
It's hard to get excited about adding a guy who will have been to three schools in three years. Maybe the stability issue is on the player, not just a series of bad choices.

I hope Vescovi stays. He's not a super quick athlete and he's not a top class PG, but he is a very solid basketball player. I want to see him play the 2 for a stretch. I think he will be great.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
It's hard to get excited about adding a guy who will have been to three schools in three years. Maybe the stability issue is on the player, not just a series of bad choices.

I hope Vescovi stays. He's not a super quick athlete and he's not a top class PG, but he is a very solid basketball player. I want to see him play the 2 for a stretch. I think he will be great.

And right now he is by far the best backup PG to Chandler we have. Others could cover it, but would decrease their focus on their primary roles.

Fox Sports Knoxville is saying that Vescovi is trending towards “pursuing professional options overseas”. Could be yet another spot opening up soon.
I haven’t seen “trending”, heard it was something he’s considered and tossed around but as of now the plan is him in Knoxville.

Fox Sports Knoxville is saying that Vescovi is trending towards “pursuing professional options overseas”. Could be yet another spot opening up soon.
SV must have been reading this forum and became disappointed in how he’s regressed into a turnover machine who can’t defend and can’t dribble with his right hand.

SV must have been reading this forum and became disappointed in how he’s regressed into a turnover machine who can’t defend and can’t dribble with his right hand.
His freshman year he averaged 3.5 TO/game and this year he is down to 1.9 TO/game. He won't have to have the ball in his hands as much this year so I bet his TO's will drop even more. I agree he's had some bad TO's due to mistakes, but saying he's regressed is just wrong

Reactions: Lurker and jp1
His freshman year he averaged 3.5 TO/game and this year he is down to 1.9 TO/game. He won't have to have the ball in his hands as much this year so I bet his TO's will drop even more. I agree he's had some bad TO's due to mistakes, but saying he's regressed is just wrong
I think you missed the tone of that post.

It's a massive part of their game. They play all over the floor on offense. Porzingis shoots almost 7 3s a game. Shaq was 1-22 in his career from 3 over 19 years by comparison, barely over 1 attempt per year. Porzingis shoots as many 3s as Trey Young. Vucevic shoots over 6 as well. So does Karl Anthony Towns.
How many rebounds do each average? And does anybody else on their team average more than them...they might shoot threes but they are still the traditional power forward and center

Vescovi
I have heard some vague rumblings along those lines which is why I threw that line into the podcast but I haven't heard anything really substantial about it to make me believe it's imminent and don't want to give it too much credence right now. But yes, there has been a little chatter.
-VQ

How many rebounds do each average? And does anybody else on their team average more than them...they might shoot threes but they are still the traditional power forward and center

The entire point of my original post is that elite 5 star 5s with NBA type potential (Kessler) want to shoot 3s on offense because that's what is the new normal in the NBA now. Traditional PF and C who play 15 feet and in are mostly gone in the NBA now. You also have to learn to guard 20+ feet from the basket now because of big men shooting 3 pointers. A few years ago Marc Gasol, an elite two way center in his prime, had taken about 50 career three pointers. From one season to the next season he went from taking a few 3s per season to 3-4 3s per game. He transformed into someone who played well away from the basket more often. His rebounding rate dipped as he played away from the basket more but his scoring went up by 3ppg and his assists went up by 1 as he played more out in space. Grind it out down in the post players who do nothing but sit on the block are dinosaurs in the NBA. You have to be Rudy Gobert or Clint Capella elite defenders if you're that type or your shot at huge success in the NBA isn't nearly as likely as a big who can shoot.

One of Aidoo's strengths per his recruiting profiles is his ability to shoot the three. Hopefully he's allowed to do that here. With his size and that skill he should be a legit NBA prospect.

VN Store

Back