Transfer Portal Thread

If he couldn’t defend the Oregon St big guy, (he was abused) I don’t see any hope for him in this league.

Nate Oats is going to be a huge problem for the long term. I think you can safely say that Alabama and Kentucky will probably be the class of the SEC moving forward, which is disgusting to even think about. Barnes' is going to have to step it up if he wants to win championships here. Coaching jobs like the last two seasons aren't going to get it done.

Who have they gotten?

I do find it interesting that we aren’t going after a few more transfer bigs. Makes me think Fulk is definitely gonna come back next year. If the roster stays as is. You got Fulky, Nkouhma, Plavsic, and Anosike to handle the 4/5 position. Maybe have Josiah James play the 4 like Pons did this past year with Fulky at the 5 with a healthy offseason.

I do find it interesting that we aren’t going after a few more transfer bigs. Makes me think Fulk is definitely gonna come back next year. If the roster stays as is. You got Fulky, Nkouhma, Plavsic, and Anosike to handle the 4/5 position. Maybe have Josiah James play the 4 like Pons did this past year with Fulky at the 5 with a healthy offseason.

Not impressive group based on this season.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
PG-Chandler, Vescovi
G-Vescovi, Bailey
G-Powell,Mashack, Diboundje(?)
F-James, Nkouhma, Anosike
F-Fulkerson, Nkouhma, Plavsic
That’s not a bad starting 5! I think it would definitely be enough to makes the tourney and maybe a little run.

PG-Chandler, Vescovi
G-Vescovi, Bailey
G-Powell,Mashack, Diboundje(?)
F-James, Nkouhma, Anosike
F-Fulkerson, Nkouhma, Plavsic
That’s not a bad starting 5! I think it would definitely be enough to makes the tourney and maybe a little run.

They’ve gotta get a lot better at 4 and 5. James needs to be 3.

So no interest in Gurley? That’s an about-face.
Tennessee is talking to him, based on a convo I had this week I didn't get the impression they were aggressively pursuing. It's at least worth keeping an eye on, but I don't think he's exactly what they're looking for.
-Rob

I don’t understand how they’re recruiting the post. Tamba is years away from contributing. Aidoo would be another freshmen who would be a work-in-progress from day 1. How are we not interested in a guy like Gurley? This is so strange.
I don’t think a transfer would want to come here to sit behind Fulky and potentially BHH

Per VQ...

Tennessee is in it for Kessler, Powell coming here was big and Tennessee is a bigger factor than many thought they’d be, they are in it.

Gurley isn’t a guy Tennessee would turn away, but the staff just isn’t all in on him as they see see other pieces out there they like more.

N’faly Dante has been a rumored name quite a bit, one hiccup is that he’s rehabbing an ACL and announcing a transfer with months to go at Oregon could provide awkward in the training room.

Per VQ...

Tennessee is in it for Kessler, Powell coming here was big and Tennessee is a bigger factor than many thought they’d be, they are in it.

Gurley isn’t a guy Tennessee would turn away, but the staff just isn’t all in on him as they see see other pieces out there they like more.

N’faly Dante has been a rumored name quite a bit, one hiccup is that he’s rehabbing an ACL and announcing a transfer with months to go at Oregon could provide awkward in the training room.
Oooo bring me WK

Side note: would that thing with Dante really be that much of an issue? They're all adults, that seems petty

Reactions: berryvol
Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Some really good players in positions of need to pass on. I guess we’ll see
I guess it depends on staff evaluations, if they truly feel Gardner is too short to play the 5 and Gurley isn’t strong enough to play the 4/5 in their system then I get it. They seem to be being selective and that’s not a bad thing, but they better hit...by my count there’s 4 spots left, if we are of the assumption they’re taking Tamba regardless that makes 3 spots, I assume they’ll hold 1 for BHH so that’s 2 spots.

I’m curious if they’d take Aidoo, a transfer big and still pursue BHH, I would but not sure what they’ll do.

I guess it depends on staff evaluations, if they truly feel Gardner is too short to play the 5 and Gurley isn’t strong enough to play the 4/5 in their system then I get it. They seem to be being selective and that’s not a bad thing, but they better hit...by my count there’s 4 spots left, if we are of the assumption they’re taking Tamba regardless that makes 3 spots, I assume they’ll hold 1 for BHH so that’s 2 spots.

I’m curious if they’d take Aidoo, a transfer big and still pursue BHH, I would but not sure what they’ll do.

they need to take them all. I'm tired of always having 9 guards and 3-4 bigs. (I know we don't, but it feels that way)

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back