Transfer Portal Thread

I'm of the opinion JJJ is too passive to ever be a great player

I think the JJJ is too passive is a narrative that certainly was warranted early on this year but he’s shown serious signing of coming out of that. The first 10 games of the year he averaged just over 6 shots a game and the last 10 games he averaged just under 8. All
That after being hurt and not shooting well
At the end of the season. I think he’s ready to get plenty of shots up

I think the JJJ is too passive is a narrative that certainly was warranted early on this year but he’s shown serious signing of coming out of that. The first 10 games of the year he averaged just over 6 shots a game and the last 10 games he averaged just under 8. All
That after being hurt and not shooting well
At the end of the season. I think he’s ready to get plenty of shots up

JJJ just isn't a scorer. Nothing wrong with that, but too many on here think a 5 star should average 20/game.

I'm of the opinion JJJ is too passive to ever be a great player
Never said he would be great but Tennessee played better when he was healthy and on top of his game. He fills the stat sheet. 9-12 pts, 7-8 rebounds, 4-6 assts, 2-3 steals, plays good defense, can legit guard 2-4, and a better than average basketball IQ.

Not sure how I feel about this guy if he chose UT.

He would be a complete game changer for this team. We currently only have one competent post player, and that's assuming Fulky comes back. Kessler would give us a much needed boost in the post.

I’d take walker just not sure he’d fit since he wants to take more three’s then rebound, which is why he left UNC. We need a true center than can rebound. We are a terrible rebounding team

Reactions: volfan__18
Gary Parrish said today that he thinks Timme returns, and Gonzaga gets Holmgren and possibly Kessler. If the first two happen, I don’t know why Kessler would go there.
Correct. He's leaving for more playing time. Coming in behind Timme and Holmgren won't afford that, and he's 2000 miles from home.

I’d take walker just not sure he’d fit since he wants to take more three’s then rebound, which is why he left UNC. We need a true center than can rebound. We are a terrible rebounding team
That isn't why he left UNC. He left over a disagreement with Roy Williams about playing time and opportunity.

He had 4 three-point attempts all season while averaging 14.8 rebs per 40 minutes.

That isn't why he left UNC. He left over a disagreement with Roy Williams about playing time and opportunity.

He had 4 three-point attempts all season while averaging 14.8 rebs per 40 minutes.
Not true at all he would have been the starter for UNC this year if he stayed, can’t say he is leaving because of playing time if that is the case. UNC’s offense wants bigs to man the post not shoot three’s. The kids wants to play some small forward in sets, like some offenses do so he is leaving because their offense doesn’t allow that.

Not true at all he would have been the starter for UNC this year if he stayed, can’t say he is leaving because of playing time if that is the case. UNC’s offense wants bigs to man the post not shoot three’s. The kids wants to play some small forward in sets, like some offenses do so he is leaving because their offense doesn’t allow that.
Well...okay. Everything runs contrary to your theory, but okay. Again, he attempted four threes all year...4! Not sure how that equates to him wanting to be the Larry Bird of UNC as you've insinuated. And he was 2nd on the team in rebounding per 40 minutes. He also had the 2nd highest 2-pt FG% on the team (near 60%). Seems like he spent quite a bit of his time in the paint to grab that many rebounds and average such a high FG%.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
JJJ just isn't a scorer. Nothing wrong with that, but too many on here think a 5 star should average 20/game.
He doesn't necessarily have to be a scorer but too often he is an offensive liability out there. That's a problem.

Reactions: VOLED

VN Store

Back