Transfer Portal Thread

From Maryland so English may have a connection, injury shortened his season but would be a great wing addition, many thought he’d be a one and done...

I thought of a possible Kim English connection when I saw the news of him transferring, yesterday, as well. He's talented, for sure, but turns the ball over at a high rate, as well.

We need 2 new bigs for next year in the 6' 9" -- 7' 0" range who can both defend and rebound. One needs to be worth at least 10 - 14 ppg and the other at least 7 - 9 ppg. This is with or without Fulky staying.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Some interesting names popping up as seasons come to an end, going to be plenty of options in the transfer market this year...

Tre Mitchell College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Had Tennessee offer out of HS, went to UMASS, guessing there may have been some grade concerns looking at his other offers...3 years remaining, averaged 18.8ppg 7.2rbg 1.5bpg, 38% from 3 and 77%ft last season. 6’9” 240lbs.

Kyky Tandy College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Had Tennessee offer out of HS, went to Xavier, cousin of Scotty Hopson and from Hopkinsville, KY. 3 years remaining, averaged 14.4mpg 6.6ppg last year, 6’2” 190lbs. I know the knock coming out of HS was he needed to develop as a PG, he was a SG but in a PG’s body...not sure where he’s at on that.

Aidan Igiehon College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Maybe one of the more intriguing names just because of potential vs. production...this was a guy nicknamed “Irish Hulk”, Top 50 prospect coming out of HS and had people drooling. Injuries have really limited him at Louisville, but at 6’10” 245lbs with what looks like 0% body fat I’m guessing someone gives him a shot. Would have 3 years remaining.

Transferring from UK after 1 season, didn’t play much so hard to say a whole lot except that he was a Top 75 recruit coming out of HS. He’s from Saint Louis, MO so there’s a chance Kim English might have some ties there.

Can we take 'em all?

Reactions: Ratvol
We need 2 new bigs for next year in the 6' 9" -- 7' 0" range who can both defend and rebound. One needs to be worth at least 10 - 14 ppg and the other at least 7 - 9 ppg. This is with or without Fulky staying.
Need a shooting guard as well as a backup at point. Roster has some glaring holes. Barnes really needs to cut some bodies from this roster to free up space.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I thought of a possible Kim English connection when I saw the news of him transferring, yesterday, as well. He's talented, for sure, but turns the ball over at a high rate, as well.
If he turns the ball over at a high rate then he should fit right into our system 😏

have watched him play on tvt three or four times.
get him
I am a Saint Louis U Alum so I have seen Tre Michell play SLU several times. He would look very nice in a Vols Uniform especially since Fulky may not be back. I'm a big Vols fan too as my wife is a UT Alum.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I’m excited about next season, particularly the offseason.

But until then, let’s get this win Friday fellas! The future is definitely bright.

Need a shooting guard as well as a backup at point. Roster has some glaring holes. Barnes really needs to cut some bodies from this roster to free up space.

I really don’t think so. I agree with BTO that there are probably 1-2 leaving. Bailey and James can bring the ball up. Chandler will probably play 30 minutes. Vescovi can shoot off the ball. If we add BHH and Fulky stays, there is some flexibility. Probably add a transfer combo guard who has above average shot and maybe a 4/5 who can provide 10-20 minutes.

I really don’t think so. I agree with BTO that there are probably 1-2 leaving. Bailey and James can bring the ball up. Chandler will probably play 30 minutes. Vescovi can shoot off the ball. If we add BHH and Fulky stays, there is some flexibility. Probably add a transfer combo guard who has above average shot and maybe a 4/5 who can provide 10-20 minutes.
I have a feeling next year's roster is going to be loaded. Transfer portal will bring in a couple and take out a couple three or four.

I am a Saint Louis U Alum so I have seen Tre Michell play SLU several times. He would look very nice in a Vols Uniform especially since Fulky may not be back. I'm a big Vols fan too as my wife is a UT Alum.
SLU fan, too
Favorites are Vols, Davidson

VN Store

Back