Transfer Portal - Confirmed Tennessee Interest

Wonder who they consider their "young corners" they like. Guessing Turnage and Charles. Maybe Rucker.

That's good to hear, though.
One of the bowl practice recaps from VQ they said the staff loved the incoming freshman db play of slaughter...he enrolled early and got the benefit of bowl practice and made plays they said and the staff was very impressed with his play...

What just happened?
I was thinking of the Ole Miss CB. But more generally won't know who is available (before spring) until midnight on Wed. I think we're keeping our options open. I think we're like a duck; looks like gliding to onlookers, but beneath the surface a lot of work is going on.

Last edited:
I was thinking of the Ole Miss CB. But more generally we won't know who is available for spring practice until midnight on Wed. I think we're keeping our options open. I think we're like a duck; looks like gliding to onlookers, but beneath the surface a lot of work is going on.
No idea if we'll look at the OM CB, but supposedly the BYU CB is still on the board. We'll see if it happens this week. I'm sure there's plenty going on that we don't know about. It's just hard to see us pass on guys that, as a fan, you feel could make this team better. But that's not our decision to make.

Still don't think we'll see the quality of players in the Spring transfer window that some think we will. But hopefully I'm wrong.

I was thinking we got at 5 star freshman transfer from Ohio state last year... Can’t remember his name but wondering if he may be one they are excited about. Im thinking his name was Andre.

I was thinking we got at 5 star freshman transfer from Ohio state last year... Can’t remember his name but wondering if he may be one they are excited about. Im thinking his name was Andre.
Turrentine. Not a 5 star. Good recruit though. Didn’t really notice him at all this year. Split backup duties with Jordan thomas if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Why? My understanding is he wasn't a starter there. Don't get me wrong, I would love for us to take a CB, but why this one in particular?
I think we need experienced help.....we are all grasping at straws. Going into the season with true freshmen being your best option, isn't what we are hoping for.

D’arco Perkins McAllister (TCU) in the portal. Not the experience staff wants but high upside. Marquis Wilson (Penn state) corner from the 18’ class so experienced, played in 11 games this year with 20 tackles. One year guy and could provide depth while our youngins try and figure things out. His comp is Kendall Fuller fwiw so he’s a great athlete. Just putting this here, don’t know if we will pursue lol

If I can count correctly (which requires me to take off my shoes), we should have 85 scholarship players on the roster now. Expect some additional turnover in order to add more transfers.

Defensive backs who have multiple years of eligibility left would be ideal as we have a ton of senior DBs on the roster currently. Including star position we have about 8 seniors on roster….although some still may have an extra year due to COVID. Would have to relook at bios to see who this applies too. Until proven otherwise this is biggest weakness on team and may continue to be over several years. The defensive line didn’t look that strong coming into this past year and played above expectations due to depth. We have a ton of depth at DB but maybe only three I somewhat trust for some role…Slaughter, Walker and McDonald. Perhaps depth will improve to be an adequate group.

Reactions: CJBlaze
If I can count correctly (which requires me to take off my shoes), we should have 85 scholarship players on the roster now. Expect some additional turnover in order to add more transfers.

Defensive backs who have multiple years of eligibility left would be ideal as we have a ton of senior DBs on the roster currently. Including star position we have about 8 seniors on roster….although some still may have an extra year due to COVID. Would have to relook at bios to see who this applies too. Until proven otherwise this is biggest weakness on team and may continue to be over several years. The defensive line didn’t look that strong coming into this past year and played above expectations due to depth. We have a ton of depth at DB but maybe only three I somewhat trust for some role…Slaughter, Walker and McDonald. Perhaps depth will improve to be an adequate group.
AP said yesterday we still have 3-4 spots open and more could open after Spring

VN Store

Back