Transfer Portal 22-23

They wouldn't have got HVL if they hadn't won the national title. Bribing players to sign with your school may be the new "thang"--but it's corrupt nonsense. Schools should stop doing it. This notion that, oh, we can get these top players in the portal if we just outbid all other schools for them is BS. It's corruption plain and simple. The college ethic has been destroyed.

You may think the notion is BS, and I may detest it as well, but if other school can outbid you and sign top players, and money can beat other considerations - and money absolutely is beating other considerations across multiple sports right now - then again, what should anyone expect Harper and Tennessee to do? I am with you that it's a growing sign of ethical decline, but, it's happening whether anyone likes it or not.

And I don't know if LSU would or wouldn't have signed HVL. One of LSU's players has some sweetheart deal with Puma apparel, and as we get told repeatedly by certain people on this forum, Reese is making money as well. I also recall reading that some big LSU donor type gave every player a deal of some sort. If LSU can help facilicate those kinds of deals for their roster, I imagine a lot of players would think hard about transferring to them, regardless of how they did in the tournament. Can't pay a mortgage with an NCAA tournament trophy.

Last edited:
U don’t win a championship by luck, u beat every team I. Front of u. I’m just going on what I predicted and from what I saw I thought Lsu would win it all and I was right. Just like I said our roster was very flawed and we didn’t deserve the pre season ranking and I was right about that as well. Just like now with our current roster I think we will struggle and maybe could only win one game in the tournament if that.

PLEASE ….. You are going to break your arm patting yourself on the back ! Everyone has good teams when you make it past the sweet sixteen ….. But to say luck or match up’s don’t figure into games is just beyond comprehension!

Do you remember Iowa not guarding South Carolina players and just waving their hands as NAH , I’M NOT GOING TO EVEN APPROACH YOU ON DEFENSE … you can’t make it ! And that worked !

But with LSU …. With players in foul trouble! They had a substitute come in the first half and put up 29 points ….. when a player averaging 6 points scores 29 on less than 20 minutes! I say she was lucky …. And so was Mulky going into half time with the lead and starters coming back in the next half ….. you predicted this outcome ?
Sorry , I don’t think so !

Last edited:
PLEASE ….. You are going to break your arm patting yourself on the back ! Everyone has good teams when you make it past the sweet sixteen ….. But to say luck or match up’s don’t figure into games is just beyond comprehension!

Do you remember Iowa not guarding South Carolina players and just waving their hands as NAH , I’M NOT GOING TO EVEN APPROACH YOU ON DEFENSE … you can’t make it ! And that worked !

But with LSU …. With players in foul trouble! They had a substitute come in the first half and put up 29 points ….. when a player averaging 6 points scores 29 on less than 20 minutes! I say she was lucky …. And so was Mulky going into half time with the lead and starts coming back in the next half ….. you predicted this outcome ?
Sorry , I don’t think so !
U can say they only won because of luck all u want, but I know differently, I know Reese inspired her team and instilled confidence in them and also was the best player, she refused to lose and was the best player.

Iowa knew exactly who Sc was just like I did, and treated them accordingly. So I guess we got lucky because we didn’t play Iowa state and the 1st good team we played we didn’t get it done.

U can say they only won because of luck all u want, but I know differently, I know Reese inspired her team and instilled confidence in them and also was the best player, she refused to lose and was the best player.

Iowa knew exactly who Sc was just like I did, and treated them accordingly. So I guess we got lucky because we didn’t play Iowa state and the 1st good team we played we didn’t get it done.

Wow …. Just Wow ! Your basketball knowledge and insight into predictions is just amazing! You should apply to Las Vegas as an odds setter !
You should be a multiple millionaire soon with all of your predictions!

I suppose you knew VT would build a 17 point lead just to blow their lead ? You are truly unbelievable! JMO 🤩

LSU fan

There's definitely some luck. There has to be.

Reactions: Bret178 and glv98
Adding HVL doesn't make LSU any scarier to me. She couldn't be harder for us to guard than Morris was. Getting Morrow, however, would make them alot scarier.

I'm not sure HVL's decision was based on NIL, though I'm sure it didn't hurt. But she has already shown major ability to attract NIL $, probably above where her skill level would rank her. I think this is just wanting a natty before she's done, pure and simple. Been close a few times, but stopped at E8. Wants to flash her ring finger in the vanquished opponents face! Going to be interesting to see Kim keep a rein on this group.

When the portal started, I was afraid the result would be a few superteams and a bunch of also rans. Certainly it's anyone's right to have such a team and to want to play on one. It's what we all want. But probably not great for the game at a time it's trying to gain nationwide attention. As talent aggregates back to just a few teams, the parity that's been fought for so hard and made this last tourney so great would be in danger. The WNBA is about to pilot that this season with the two superteam structure for the first time.

Wow …. Just Wow ! Your basketball knowledge and insight into predictions is just amazing! You should apply to Las Vegas as an odds setter !
You should be a multiple millionaire soon with all of your predictions!

I suppose you knew VT would build a 17 point lead just to blow their lead ? You are truly unbelievable! JMO 🤩
That wasn’t the point of the post, I was just replying to the Lau won because of luck, but u can go on about what u think my point was to get people to agree with u.

It really does feel like we need to have the Tennessee Wildlife Agency come in and trap him, help get him back to his own kind.
Here u go, so because I thought a team could win it all I’m a fan now, so let me ask u, who do u think can win the championship next season, and if u say anyone but Tn I guess u are a fan of them?

Adding HVL doesn't make LSU any scarier to me. She couldn't be harder for us to guard than Morris was. Getting Morrow, however, would make them alot scarier.

I'm not sure HVL's decision was based on NIL, though I'm sure it didn't hurt. But she has already shown major ability to attract NIL $, probably above where her skill level would rank her. I think this is just wanting a natty before she's done, pure and simple. Been close a few times, but stopped at E8. Wants to flash her ring finger in the vanquished opponents face! Going to be interesting to see Kim keep a rein on this group.

When the portal started, I was afraid the result would be a few superteams and a bunch of also rans. Certainly it's anyone's right to have such a team and to want to play on one. It's what we all want. But probably not great for the game at a time it's trying to gain nationwide attention. As talent aggregates back to just a few teams, the parity that's been fought for so hard and made this last tourney so great would be in danger. The WNBA is about to pilot that this season with the two superteam structure for the first time.

I agree. I actually think she’s a downgrade from Morris because she really doesn’t run the point.

Kim likes to have a PG who will do what she wants when she wants it done and a couple big girls to score and clean the glass. HVL really doesn’t suit Kim’s typical style of play so I’ll be interested to see how they use her. Mulkey has never used off guards as the star.

I think there could be some issues with HVL and Reese both looking for the limelight. Angel is a dog and will still be #1 at LSU so HVL better be ready to play WITH her.

Top Players left in the Portal that as far as I know have still not eliminated Tennessee.

Aicha Coulibaly
Eryn Barnum
Taina Mair
Jewell Spear
Kennedy Fauntleroy
Imani Lester
Diamond Johnson
Endiya Rogers
Indya Nivar
Amauri Williams
Ashley Owusu

There may be a few more I missed that are top players. I did not add Morrow or anyone that has knowingly eliminated Tennessee.

No one said they only won bc of luck, but no one ever won a natty without luck. Including LSU. Also, Reese was not the best player on her own team, much less the best in the tourney.
I agree. I actually think she’s a downgrade from Morris because she really doesn’t run the point.

Kim likes to have a PG who will do what she wants when she wants it done and a couple big girls to score and clean the glass. HVL really doesn’t suit Kim’s typical style of play so I’ll be interested to see how they use her. Mulkey has never used off guards as the star.

I think there could be some issues with HVL and Reese both looking for the limelight. Angel is a dog and will still be #1 at LSU so HVL better be ready to play WITH her.
HVL is smart and has been around a few years. She knows what she's getting into at LSU both on court and with the culture. Apparently she decided the chance for the natty is worth it. We'll see if it actually is.

No one said they only won bc of luck, but no one ever won a natty without luck. Including LSU. Also, Reese was not the best player on her own team, much less the best in the tourney.

HVL is smart and has been around a few years. She knows what she's getting into at LSU both on court and with the culture. Apparently she decided the chance for the natty is worth it. We'll see if it actually is.

Or maybe HVL and Angel Reese are more alike than they are different…

Reactions: chuckiepoo
She was the best player and was the Mop of the final four to prove it. I don’t care much for regular season awards it’s all about the lost season. Just like I would have a finals mvp over a regular season mvp.

VN Store

Back