Transfer Portal 22-23

The season was not great, how many elite teams did we beat out of 25-26 games? I’m going off the standard at Tn, if we was a Belmont or something like that I would be happy with the results. So next year if we are one and done in the tournament or don’t make it all all, what would u say then? Because with the roster we have currently, I can’t see us going far, but I’m hoping we get more in the portal.

Man you bring some good stuff but the hypothetical negativity is ridiculous.

The season was not great, how many elite teams did we beat out of 25-26 games? I’m going off the standard at Tn, if we was a Belmont or something like that I would be happy with the results. So next year if we are one and done in the tournament or don’t make it all all, what would u say then? Because with the roster we have currently, I can’t see us going far, but I’m hoping we get more in the portal.
Well I guess in unison we should all apologize to you because you didn't think the season was successful........

Well I guess in unison we should all apologize to you because you didn't think the season was successful........
No need for that, I just said we need more than what we currently have on the roster to win next season. U can think this is a championship team if u want but I know it’s not even close unless we get 2 more elite players.

Let me give u an example, UConn will have 3 players that can give u 20 plus easily in Bueckers, Fudd, and Edwards, but we only have one in Rickea. Now I feel like u can have 2 if one of the players are getting 25-30 on some occasion but especially in the big games.

Last edited:
I’m never negative, I just give an objective view of how I see things. I always say I will always root for the Lv but I just want them to win as bad as anyone else.
view of how I see things.
Therein lies the problem. How you see things is, by definition, subjective, not objective.
Subjective information or writing is based on personal opinions, interpretations, points of view, emotions and judgment. It is often considered ill-suited for scenarios like news reporting or decision making in business or politics. Objective information or analysis is fact-based, measurable and observable.”

No need for that, I just said we need more than what we currently have on the roster to win next season. U can think this is a championship team if u want but I know it’s not even close unless we get 2 more elite players.

Let me give u an example, UConn will have 3 players that can give u 20 plus easily in Birchers, Fudd, and Edwards, but we only have one in Rickea. Now I feel like u can have 2 if one of the players are getting 25-30 on some occasion but especially in the big games.
Wait and see what the final roster looks like, but you can't downplay how any player will develop by next season. You also have to accept that Coach Harper is going to give Puckett and Striplin the playing time at the four so we have to hope they can give us 20 points between the two of them. Jackson we know is effective no problems there. Key and Hollingshead should be able to provide 20 a game if Key is truly well and back to her normal self. I think we need an elite two guard and it is the most definite need of the team. I don't see to much of a problem at point guard with Wells and what looked to be a much better Powell late in the season.
The team averaged 78 points a game. The biggest problems were defense and to many turnovers. Looks like were trying to get the guards to control those problems. Give me an elite two guard I will feel confident in the team.

Therein lies the problem. How you see things is, by definition, subjective, not objective.
Subjective information or writing is based on personal opinions, interpretations, points of view, emotions and judgment. It is often considered ill-suited for scenarios like news reporting or decision making in business or politics. Objective information or analysis is fact-based, measurable and observable.”

Ok so are u happy the way the season turned out? And also do u think with the current roster, this team can compete for a championship?

Wait and see what the final roster looks like, but you can't downplay how any player will develop by next season. You also have to accept that Coach Harper is going to give Puckett and Striplin the playing time at the four so we have to hope they can give us 20 points between the two of them. Jackson we know is effective no problems there. Key and Hollingshead should be able to provide 20 a game if Key is truly well and back to her normal self. I think we need an elite two guard and it is the most definite need of the team. I don't see to much of a problem at point guard with Wells and what looked to be a much better Powell late in the season.
The team averaged 78 points a game. The biggest problems were defense and to many turnovers. Looks like were trying to get the guards to control those problems. Give me an elite two guard I will feel confident in the team.
I agree we should wait to see the final roster, and I’ve always said I hope Pissott can make a leap this year because we need that. And I agree that we need an elite Sg.

Ok so are u happy the way the season turned out? And also do u think with the current roster, this team can compete for a championship?
1. Am I happy that Key had to deal with a potentially fatal bout with blood clots in her lungs? That there were some bumps in the road meshing talent? That someone responsible for determining playing time has a rigid schedule? No, no and no. In hindsight I would say the LV fell one game short of my expectations moving into the tournament.
2. Irrelevant, as this roster is currently under construction 🚧. We don’t know if Key can return to the floor healthy. We’ve got at least three more open slots to fill via the portal or otherwise.

I’m never negative, I just give an objective view of how I see things. I always say I will always root for the Lv but I just want them to win as bad as anyone else.
This statement is truly amazing to me. Short of Derth you are the most negative poster on here. You make Minor look like rainbows and unicorns😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This statement is truly amazing to me. Short of Derth you are the most negative poster on here. You make Minor look like rainbows and unicorns😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
This is the only time I’ve ever said anything that u call negative and that’s because I’m tired of losing. Everyone on here seems to forget the limitations of some of the players since the season is over now. I didn’t say much before he season but I did say we wasn’t as talented as people said, the only scorers we had was Rickea and Jordan. I also said some of the players were too slow but everyone ignored it.

Reactions: Deebowbear
This is the only time I’ve ever said anything that u call negative and that’s because I’m tired of losing. Everyone on here seems to forget the limitations of some of the players since the season is over now. I didn’t say much before he season but I did say we wasn’t as talented as people said, the only scorers we had was Rickea and Jordan. I also said some of the players were too slow but everyone ignored it.
Do you not recall numerous posts from other folks saying the same thing I’m saying? You have been called out repeatedly. I hate that the LVs don’t bring you any joy. There is so much to be positive about. But carry on in your misery.

Do you not recall numerous posts from other folks saying the same thing I’m saying? You have been called out repeatedly. I hate that the LVs don’t bring you any joy. There is so much to be positive about. But carry on in your misery.
There is plenty to be proud of as far the Lady Vols are concerned. But if talking about the short comings of this team make you negative then pit me on that list. The preseason ranking had most of the old faithful fans thinking we were back. In reality its like the college football poll. Name recognition gets you more than you deserve at times. This roster is full of players that had no business being on the floor for a Lady Vols team. My opinion is if you dont like the truth about how this season went. You want like next season for sure.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
There is plenty to be proud of as far the Lady Vols are concerned. But if talking about the short comings of this team make you negative then pit me on that list. The preseason ranking had most of the old faithful fans thinking we were back. In reality its like the college football poll. Name recognition gets you more than you deserve at times. This roster is full of players that had no business being on the floor for a Lady Vols team. My opinion is if you dont like the truth about how this season went. You want like next season for sure.
If you can’t support the kids on this team you should find another team. What is this program if not the players and staff? Are you a fan of the colors orange and blue? Are you a fan of a coach that has been dead for many years? Are you a fan of inert pieces of glass shaped like basketballs. I swear sometimes I think some LV fans are the most spoiled, entitled, ungrateful bunch of jerks in WBB! So put yourself on whatever list you like.

If kellie wants to win a championship she’s going to have to recruit over 2 to 4 of her players hate it but truth like them all

I would look for Owusu to transfer to LSU. They going to have more talent than they had this season.

If you can’t support the kids on this team you should find another team. What is this program if not the players and staff? Are you a fan of the colors orange and blue? Are you a fan of a coach that has been dead for many years? Are you a fan of inert pieces of glass shaped like basketballs. I swear sometimes I think some LV fans are the most spoiled, entitled, ungrateful bunch of jerks in WBB! So put yourself on whatever list you like.
You need to understand we have knowledgeable posters on this forum and if you see something wrong you have. right to express it so you can save that bs you’re talking when it comes to being supportive. a poster can express that he or she sees a problem and you know yourself there were problems with this team but don’t say anything and just overlook them is your answer on a freedom of speech forum. I’m not doing it

Reactions: mcannon1
You understand that talking about the short comings of the players isnt a knock on the players. They are here because our coach signed them. Them being here is on the coach for not recruiting higher ranked players and signing better players. Listen i have been a Lady Vols fan for over 40 years and never will i let some keyboard jockey convince me that a donkey is a stallion. We are no longer a top tier program. Iowa would have run circles around us. Virginia Tech did twice. Its sad that some of you fans think rooting for a team and being happy with the results is the same thing. Its like race car driving. Just because you finish the race doesn't mean you ever had a chance to win it.

I’m always going to speak my mind, I love the Lv and thats the reason I want a winner, u might be ok with not winning but I’m not.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back