Transfer Portal 22-23

That is a “welcome to the SEC” problem. Seen many a player go through that. Walker really improved in that. She got stuff a few times but she was much better about picking her shots this year.

If Powell sticks with it she could be really great. She has an opportunity to be the starting PG and play with a bunch of really talented players who can score the ball. She just has to want it.
Hopefully Kellie can show her The Way
Love me some grogu…

That is a “welcome to the SEC” problem. Seen many a player go through that. Walker really improved in that. She got stuffed a few times but she was much better about picking her shots this year.

If Powell sticks with it she could be really great. She has an opportunity to be the starting PG and play with a bunch of really talented players who can score the ball. She just has to want it.
Think I should copyright that and sign her to an NIL? Facila Tater? I think it might sell… 😂

She actually had a really good assist to turnover ratio. Her defense was inconsistent and her scoring was nonexistent most of the season. She didn’t look confident in her shot or finishing at the rim.
She made a lots of drives in the lane; many of them ended up as a turnover or a blocked shot.

After you read the article on NIL from Earlfolvan the easy transition is to seek players from low-paying NIL schools who are transferring for a greater payoff.

smile.

Iona Traylor too funny lol

I remember back in the mid-90s a friend gifted me with a hilarious Iona Traylor calendar and a fabulous copy of the truly wonderful cookbook "White Trash Cooking." In one of my long-distance moves for work in the years following, both were somehow lost. It still hurts!

Ha! After having that memory I just discovered the 25th Anniversary Edition of "White Trash Cooking" is available through Amazon for only $10.99.

What a treasure. ORDERED!

4903F89C-CE1B-4EAB-B31F-13F3C2B4F4F6.jpeg

Romi Levy (6-3 RS SO forward, Herzliya, Israel) has entered her name into the portal, out of Auburn

Romi is a good player with a nice 3 point shot.

I could actually see her at Vandy or somewhere similar, maybe Arkansas if she wants to stay in the SEC. She has the size and shooting ability to help most teams.

Don’t think we would pursue her because we have several players at her position already. Especially if Suarez returns. We will again be deep at the 4 next season.

Romi is a good player with a nice 3 point shot.

I could actually see her at Vandy or somewhere similar, maybe Arkansas if she wants to stay in the SEC. She has the size and shooting ability to help most teams.

Don’t think we would pursue her because we have several players at her position already. Especially if Suarez returns. We will again be deep at the 4 next season.

And she athletic

I remember back in the mid-90s a friend gifted me with a hilarious Iona Traylor calendar and a fabulous copy of the truly wonderful cookbook "White Trash Cooking." In one of my long-distance moves for work in the years following, both were somehow lost. It still hurts!

Ha! After having that memory I just discovered the 25th Anniversary Edition of "White Trash Cooking" is available through Amazon for only $10.99.

What a treasure. ORDERED!

View attachment 541169
Oh my gosh, I think we bought this book in the 90s. Never cooked anything from it, but my favorite recipe title was cooter pie! I named my tater tot casserole recipe cooter pie.

Not from the numbers I've seen...
I know wasn't basing it on her previous numbers since she was injured most of the time since she got out of high school. She was the number 24 ranked player in her hoopgurlz class but probably shouldn't go by those hoopgurlz rankings as much as actual playing time. Not really looking for her or Jada to come to Tennessee anyway. I think Jada ends up in the ACC somewhere and Hunter stays in Texas somewhere.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Miles, wynn probably need to move on. Hate to say this but maybe Puckett don’t think quick enough to guard and seems lost at time. Thought she would’ve done better this year
I feel like Pissott is truly unhappy at TN, she always seemed irritated during games. I mean I get it, 5 star McDonald's All American and can't see the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if she hits the portal fast! Wouldn't surprise me if Wynn, miles and Puckett join her! Edie needs to go too, she will never play at TN and she could be of some value to a mid major school

Reactions: SATXVolFan82
I wouldn't be surprised that the "feelings" that boarders have about players staying or moving, based on television viewing of facial expressions during a time-out were based on many similar "beliefs and feelings" on many other economic, political and media observations. However, in this time of social media an individual can type anything. (just like I am doing and neither of our words have any real meaning)

I feel like Pissott is truly unhappy at TN, she always seemed irritated during games. I mean I get it, 5 star McDonald's All American and can't see the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if she hits the portal fast! Wouldn't surprise me if Wynn, miles and Puckett join her! Edie needs to go too, she will never play at TN and she could be of some value to a mid major school

I wish people would stop completely making things up about our players being unhappy.

Are we trying for the golden sombrero?

This isn’t true in the least.

Based on recent promotional videos and social media posts it appears none of them are going anywhere. Pissott loves Kea and is pumped to play with her.

Sarah is the same and her promo video recently made it clear she loves being a Lady Vol.

It seems the only player on the fence is Powell.

Last edited:
Good thing your feelings are worth about 2 squirts in a toilet. SMDH

Edie is a walk on and she is not going anywhere as long as Tess is playing here. Justine is not going anywhere either poor speculation she knows why she is not playing much. She knows where she has to improve this off season. Wynn and Miles might be better off going somewhere else if they are content with their current games. You have to be able to score neither of them can score effectively. Puckett leaving is total nonsense not ever worth discussing.

This isn’t true in the least.

Based on recent promotional videos and social media posts it appears none of them are going anywhere. Pissott loves Kea and is pumped to play with her.

Sarah is the same and her promo video recently made it clear she loves being a Lady Vol.

It seems the only player on the fence is Powell.
Totally agree! I wonder what would be hindering Powell? If she transferred again wouldn’t she have to sit out? For a senior that doesn’t sound appealing. Maybe she wants overseas playing opportunities if NIL isn’t helping her enough? I think she’d be a good starting point guard for this team next year.

Totally agree! I wonder what would be hindering Powell? If she transferred again wouldn’t she have to sit out? For a senior that doesn’t sound appealing. Maybe she wants overseas playing opportunities if NIL isn’t helping her enough? I think she’d be a good starting point guard for this team next year.
Depending if she is a Grad Transfer or not. Grad Transfers can leave anytime and be eligible.

I think she’d be smart to stick around. She will be the starting PG for a very good basketball team unless Miles makes a big jump.

Actually think she has a ton of potential and we don’t need her to score much. If she could average 6 pts and 6 assists a game she’d be one of the best looking PGs in the league. Her defense has to get better though. Actually think she defends screens really well but she’s not the best 1-1 defender and doesn’t force enough turnovers.

I feel it would be in her best interest to get serious about improving her game and staying at UT for her final season. She just seemed to have a tough year mentally, that big hug Kellie gave her after she had a good game spoke volumes. Sometimes you just sorta fall out of love with the game when it’s not going your way.

Could see her and Miles splitting duties as offensive and defensive PGs. I think Miles is the player with the most potential to be a lock down defender on the perimeter for us. She showed that some her freshman season. I maintain she had an off-season injury or something because she truly didn’t look like she was going at full speed until the last few weeks of the season. Nothing was ever disclosed but she just wasn’t moving right IMO.

It’s pretty crappy to be dismissing current Lady Vols like a couple of you are doing. Do y’all just enjoy hurting young people? I will never understand people who think it’s okay to say things like that. 😢

Yeah I think it’s one thing to speculate on who MIGHT transfer. But to outright say some players “need to leave” is just cruel.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back