Transfer Portal 21-22

Were not getting Jordan Lewis , she's almost sure going to Sicem next year :(
Not sure why y'all are getting your hopes up like this. The best we can hope for is that the players we currently have work like hell over the summer. I don't think it is likely we are getting any of the top prospects in the portal.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Unfortunately, I'll have to agree wih that...

Don`t get me wrong Striplin will be a good player but it will her time time adjust to the speed and some of the skill set of some of the SEC post players. We all know when Tamari came in as a freshmen she had very little physical strength, And was pushed around and still do at times but did get a little stronger. But where Key makeup up the difference is her ability to force the top post players to change there shot or pass the ball backout and a summer working on the offensive end should make her even a more dangerous.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Lacey says she's on it captioned it to "Portal Surf"

You're doing great Lacey...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Will83
If it was all good they wouldn’t be leaving. Everyone knows the problem there are the parents not the kids. They aren’t doing their children any favors.

Mark my words. This MSST experiment will not be a success. Players will be leaving the team mid season and their defense is going to suck.
Why would I do that?? Glad to know you’re wishing so much downfall on a former Lady Vol’s team! 👏🏾👏🏾 I still feel they’ll be fine like I said. And sure you know exactly what’s going on in their mind huh? The coach only had praises about Anastasia from what I’ve heard. Some of y’all have nothing better to do than be negative and come up with conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Ladyvol777 and Lucy
I think people on here get her 18 year old mistake but her mom’s actions trumped that at some point for a lot of posters. The way she went about things were rough. We all get Holly was the root of a lot of these issues. However, was very belligerent on twitter and even when at far as talking about other players and other 18 year olds on twitter.

Fast forward two years later with the ND coach and she is liking posts about bashing the ND coach, liking posts about her being fired and she was the wrong pick. Well just like people loved Annie when she played here... The family must of loved the ND coaches pitch to get her daughter to sign on the dotted line. She has the right to her feelings no doubt but when she continually posts them for the public to see then people will continue with the “oh you get them but also their crazy a** mom talk”.

This is a good pick up for Nikki and i wish her well becuz of her ties to LV nation. But for all the talking you did about people taking shots at Annie you sure didn’t hesitate to take shots at our current LVs yourself. Key showed improvement there’s no doubt about that. Burrell slipped and slid her way into a second team and many felt like she should of been first team. Also she will be on campus so yes, let’s hope that with the proper resources she can improve her strength and balance as she improved in a pandemic. And also let’s hope we have a healthy team that can hang with the big dawgs and hope we bring in more bodies that can help.

God bless and GB🍊
I actually only stated the obvious about our current players so if you call that bashing then have it. The 3 I spoke on are no doubt our best players for next season and if they get better at what I pointed out then all 3 will be on the 1st and 2nd teams. And as far as the incoming freshmen coming in, based on the current history I have every right to have that opinion. I want them to be exactly what’s being said about them and more. But I won’t be getting hyped about it until I actually see it play out.

I have seen Striplin play 6'4"+ players and she regularly beats them,,,her game is a mixture of physical and outside shooting. As a fan, you're thinking about matching up with them,,,As a coach, I am thinking about making them having to match-up with me
I just knew you were coming to this comment. Lol

I actually only stated the obvious about our current players so if you call that bashing then have it. The 3 I spoke on are no doubt our best players for next season and if they get better at what I pointed out then all 3 will be on the 1st and 2nd teams. And as far as the incoming freshmen coming in, based on the current history I have every right to have that opinion. I want them to be exactly what’s being said about them and more. But I won’t be getting hyped about it until I actually see it play out.

Well I actually only made observations of what happened in the past and were as recent as of this past season. It’s been well noted that the mom has not been shy about her comments and tweets about the LVs and then she did it again with ND this year. That’s what i said a lot of people get twisted and include the daughter in.

I have no issue with Annie or the rest of the crew. Actually the plan for them has always been for them to play together in college so i’m glad that planned worked out for the family.

Also, while you “stated the obvious” about our players and i just provided a counter points to your points that were obvious as well. Wasn’t here for an argument you posted a comment i posted something about what you posted. Is that not what we are supposed to do here ?

Why would I do that?? Glad to know you’re wishing so much downfall on a former Lady Vol’s team! 👏🏾👏🏾 I still feel they’ll be fine like I said. And sure you know exactly what’s going on in their mind huh? The coach only had praises about Anastasia from what I’ve heard. Some of y’all have nothing better to do than be negative and come up with conspiracy theories.

3 kids, 2 parents 4 transfers in 3 years. You do the math.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Don`t get me wrong Striplin will be a good player but it will her time time adjust to the speed and some of the skill set of some of the SEC post players. We all know when Tamari came in as a freshmen she had very little physical strength, And was pushed around and still do at times but did get a little stronger. But where Key makeup up the difference is her ability to force the top post players to change there shot or pass the ball backout and a summer working on the offensive end should make her even a more dangerous.
I think she is definitely ahead of Key offensively as a freshman but behind defensively. She has more physical strength then Key had as a freshman doubt she gets pushed around may have trouble with guarding quick post players.

this thread has been fun and exciting... can’t wait til it’s the LVs getting to celebrate a transfer.

Has Coach Harper publicly stated that she is even looking for players in the portal? She has a pretty full roster already and may be perfectly content with the players she already has. After all, the portal isn't exactly overflowing with first team AP All-Americans. Not every coach in America is desperate for just another warm body or another role player.

Has Coach Harper publicly stated that she is even looking for players in the portal? She has a pretty full roster already and may be perfectly content with the players she already has. After all, the portal isn't exactly overflowing with first team AP All-Americans. Not every coach in America is desperate for just another warm body or another role player.

We were bounced in the round of 32. We lost one of our two best players. And we do not have a plus natural PG. i will assume she is working to some degree at how to improve our roster but not with a warm body as you say.

VN Store

Back