Transfer from UVA

I'm really worried about our RB depth

A lot of folks appear to share your concern here. My question is how many 5* RB's do we have to have before everyone is comfortable with this position?

We only use 1 RB at a time in the current offense. Hurd had the majority of the carries last season and it appears Kamara will demand a more equal division of carries in 2015? There are plenty of guys who can tote the rock in an emergency, albeit not a well as Hurd and Kamara.

I'm infinately more concerned with the OL, CB, and punter myself. Would be nice to have a 3 headed RB monster, but this 2 headed one is the best we've seen since the Henry, Stephens, and Lewis days!

A lot of folks appear to share your concern here. My question is how many 5* RB's do we have to have before everyone is comfortable with this position?

We only use 1 RB at a time in the current offense. Hurd had the majority of the carries last season and it appears Kamara will demand a more equal division of carries in 2015? There are plenty of guys who can tote the rock in an emergency, albeit not a well as Hurd and Kamara.

I'm infinately more concerned with the OL, CB, and punter myself. Would be nice to have a 3 headed RB monster, but this 2 headed one is the best we've seen since the Henry, Stephens, and Lewis days!

I think the concern is numbers. We have 3 scholarship running backs. Our top 4 running backs all missed some time last year with two of them missing a lot of games.

Thought I heard that Medley would handle both punts & place kicks. Maybe wrong though.

they have a transfer from Maryland coming in to handle punting. He averaged 41 yards per punt last year as starter there. He graduated and is coming in to play here is last year

Reactions: 1 person

The main issue is what happens when one of our RB's go down. We need quality depth that can do more with the ball than just "tote the rock" (IE. Derrell Scott)

The main issue is what happens when one of our RB's go down.

Then we end up like last season where Hurd was the primary RB....happens with several teams each season.

A true concern would be if we only had 1 quality RB as its quite common for a RB in the SEC to miss some time during the season. Fortunately we have 2 quality RB's. The odds of them both going down at the same time are quite small. Would it be better to have 3 or 4 - absolutely. I'd a lot rather have a proven 2nd QB, 2 more Sutton type CB's, or a proven punter than a 5* 3rd RB. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back