Tracking Saban's Replacement Thread

If it turns out that it is because of his wife’s health, my joy will turn to absolute sorrow. I wouldn’t have ish something like that on anybody.
We saw the rapid decline of Coach Summit. Alzheimer’s is brutal and unforgiving
It's not just anybody, it's Alabama

Joking.....kinda......sorry, not sorry

Surprised nobody has yet put any feelers out to Butch.

Saw yesterday he was like 75 to 1 odds to get the gig

Shockingly enough, Dools had like the fifth best odds at 14 to 1

Speaking of Dools, has anyone checked in on him after Sabans announcement? Seems Nick was the only one that would give him a gig anymore.

I just listened to Josh Pate. Does anyone fall for the I got some names in my head frok legit sources, but i can't share them with you stuff ? Ummm people listen to your show BECAUSE they want to hear your opinion or what you have heard or discovered or whatever. Seems weird that you resort to elementary school I know a secret but I am not telling you stuff...
Pate’s pretty cool and has some pretty good analysis, but he still thinks he’s just a little bit slicker than he is.

I think I love Dabo getting this job. It'll be interesting to see if he compromises his values on NIL and the portal. I can't imagine the powers that be in Gumpaloosa would take someone who doesn't want to go neck deep in that game.

A lot of gump fans don't like Dabo for having the temerity to defeat the Gumps in the playoffs. If he doesn't get out strong then it really could be hilarious to watch them eat their own.

FSU has NIL violation on there offensive coordinator that will cause a 3 year reduced of scholarships so that could line up Mike Norvell.

God bless 'em

Been a while since they have been through this. Probably don't realize you can track all that stuff online now. Then again, this is Alabama and I'm sure the tracking pages take forever to load with their AOL dial up connections.
There’s dial up internet there? Didn’t think they even had indoor plumbing.

Per John Brice-
Those who will be interviewed:
Kalen DeBoer
Mike Norvell
Tommy Rees
Eli Drinkwitz
Mike Locksley

No mention of Lane Kiffin. The nightmare doomsday scenario for some on here is highly unlikely at this point.
No mention of three former Vol coaches w/ ties to Bama??? You're obviously replacing the GOAT but as a vol fan, I'm good w/ this list. As the "doomesay" scenario goes, I agree Kiffin is probably not a fit, but in my opinion, I think he'd handle the pressure cooker the best.

VN Store

Back