Toughest finishing schedule in country?!?

aWhiteLoftonChism

I can’t imagine any of the top 16 teams (or anyone) in the country having a tougher 4 game stretch to finish the season than the VOLS.
Auburn, @bama, @USC, and UK is a really rough row to hoe! I just hope we can get thru this gauntlet without it drastically affecting our NCAA seeding.
4-0 we move up to a #1 seed surely
3-1 I think is fine
2-2 may drop us a line
1-3 may move us to a #4 seed

What do y’all think?

Last edited:
I feel best about USC even on the road. UK seems to be hitting their stride and even at home, this one worries me. At bama....nah. Too tall an order especially considering our first matchup. Auburn has me kinda torn. It's at home so that's a plus, but Barnes vs Pearl...no bueno. 50/50 there but I think we might lose that one.

I feel best about USC even on the road. UK seems to be hitting their stride and even at home, this one worries me. At bama....nah. Too tall an order especially considering our first matchup. Auburn has me kinda torn. It's at home so that's a plus, but Barnes vs Pearl...no bueno. 50/50 there but I think we might lose that one.
So you are thinking 2-2 and maybe even 1-3?

Auburn's Jaylin Williams hurt his knee against Kentucky and limped off the court. Not season ending but he may miss some games. Will see if he is available when Auburn comes to visit us in 10 days.

UT should take care of Missouri mid-week. A&M is going to be fighting for it's NCAA tourney life and that one worries me as we did not defend them well. At home so should be a revenge game. We go 2-0 this week and build momentum into that final four gauntlet games we have opportunity for some signature wins.

I hope you are right but no conference road games seem like locks this year. Not just in SEC either! Purdue just went down at Ohio St!

I think we finish 3 and 1. I don't think we lose any other home games. USC Jr. has peaked and with the revenge factor I think we win easily down there. Bama on the road will be tough.

I can’t imagine any of the top 16 teams (or anyone) in the country having a tougher 4 game stretch to finish the season than the VOLS.
Auburn, @bama, @USC, and UK is a really rough row to hoe! I just hope we can get thru this gauntlet without it drastically affecting our NCAA seeding.
3-1 I think is fine
2-2 may drop us a line
1-3 may make us to a #4 seed

What do y’all think?
We’d have to go 0-6 or maybe 1-5 to drop to a 4 seed

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The one I’m most worried about is this next one. You absolutely cannot afford to lose this one. Coming off two blowouts and now going on the road against a team searching for their first conference win… better kill the hope early.

Yes I know they’re a bad team but I’m not chalking it up as a win until I see double 0’s

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The one I’m most worried about is this next one. You absolutely cannot afford to lose this one. Coming off two blowouts and now going on the road against a team searching for their first conference win… better kill the hope early.

Yes I know they’re a bad team but I’m not chalking it up as a win until I see double 0’s
Oh I’m not either but no one would include them as a tough game as compared to our last 4

We are a lock for a #2 seed unless we drop 3 of 4. Then it gets dicey depending on what others do.
Far from a lock for a 2 seed. We have a better chance of being a 3-seed than being a 1-seed as of right now. Very very very slim chance that we drop any further than a 3-seed. But yes, I do believe we finish as a 2-seed

Rated Toughest to Less Tough

. Bama has been realy good at home, so they actualy concern me the most. Plus the game will have large SEC season implications at that point. May be playing for 1st place.

2. Kentucky scares me 2nd most becuase it took a really good shooting performance to beat them at Rupp. On any given night they can score 90+ regardless of where they are at. On the contrary, there have been stretches where we go cold, and thats all it could take if UK is on.

3. Auburn - I think they are a good team, but a bit overrated. They only have 2 Quad 1 wins and don't play well on the road, especially against formidable opponents. With that said, Pearl's teams seem to get the best of Barne's teams. We normally struggle to defend the 3 and rebound. Perhaps we are more suited to keep up in a higher scoring game if it comes to that.

4. South Carolina - They do concern me, after all they did beat us at home. But I think the pressure of higher expectations is affecting their team right now. I also think our team will be locked in to avenge the home loss. Also there could possibility be an opportunity win the conference at this point in the year. So no overlooking this game this time around.

Far from a lock for a 2 seed. We have a better chance of being a 3-seed than being a 1-seed as of right now. Very very very slim chance that we drop any further than a 3-seed. But yes, I do believe we finish as a 2-seed
If we win at least two of those last four, assuming we take care of business in our next two games first, there is no way we drop to a 3, even if we lose our first game in the SECT. Our overall body of work is too good.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
3-1 I think is fine
2-2 may drop us a line

What do y’all think?
3-1 = # 2 seed

4-0 (don’t see that happening) = #1 seed Houston will drop a game.

2-2 = we could drop to three seed. Must win one, maybe two to keep 2 seed.

We should beat Mizz and aTm before the final for game stretch: Auburn, @ Bama, @ Jr, and KY.
I’d take 3-1 all day long and 2 seed.

Last edited:
3-1 I think is fine
2-2 may drop us a line

What do y’all think?
I'll take 4-2 but would prefer 5-1 or 6-0 over the last 6, Here are my % predictions for those records.

25-6 25%
24-7 25%
23-8 50%

Last edited:
Rated Toughest to Less Tough

. Bama has been realy good at home, so they actualy concern me the most. Plus the game will have large SEC season implications at that point. May be playing for 1st place.

2. Kentucky scares me 2nd most becuase it took a really good shooting performance to beat them at Rupp. On any given night they can score 90+ regardless of where they are at. On the contrary, there have been stretches where we go cold, and thats all it could take if UK is on.

3. Auburn - I think they are a good team, but a bit overrated. They only have 2 Quad 1 wins and don't play well on the road, especially against formidable opponents. With that said, Pearl's teams seem to get the best of Barne's teams. We normally struggle to defend the 3 and rebound. Perhaps we are more suited to keep up in a higher scoring game if it comes to that.

4. South Carolina - They do concern me, after all they did beat us at home. But I think the pressure of higher expectations is affecting their team right now. I also think our team will be locked in to avenge the home loss. Also there could possibility be an opportunity win the conference at this point in the year. So no overlooking this game this time around.
Hopefully we win next two and then go 3-1. I don’t see a win @ Bama and Auburn will be gunning for us. I think we take Jr, but I too am concerned with KY.

2-2 wouldn’t be the end of the world but I could see us dropping to a third seed.

If we win at least two of those last four, assuming we take care of business in our next two games first, there is no way we drop to a 3, even if we lose our first game in the SECT. Our overall body of work is too good.
I hope you’re right but typically VOLS & other SEC schools not named UK get under seeded . At least it seems that way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I hope you’re right but typically VOLS & other SEC schools not named UK get under seeded . At least it seems that way.
You have to take emotion out of it and look at the numbers. Not that the committee never makes mistakes, but they just put us on the 2-line based on what we’ve already done, and going 2-2 vs top 20 teams the rest of the way isn’t going to negatively affect us.

VN Store

Back