Touchdown Tony

Nice , In ‘85 I was 7 and T-ROB is my earliest memory of a truly dymamic baller that played for the Vols. Still one of my favorites & I’m glad that he got
His **** together and has been around some recent games / anniversary celebrations to enjoy some love from the fans .

That shirt is sweet too btw..... if you don’t mind me asking where did you pick it up?)

I love T. Rob but there wasn't much left to accomplish after he went down vs. Bama, that wasn't accomplished. They would've beaten GT? Other than that they won every game.
That GT tie was painful. The coaches wouldn’t let Dickey do anything.

He was awesome. I wonder what would have happened in 85 had he not gotten hurt

In that season, Vols were as dominate as any team in the country up to the point that T-Rob went down. Had he not gotten hurt? Had Tennessee faced Miami in the Sugar Bowl? It would have been for the National Championship. However, for some reason, I feel they would have sent Miami to play elsewhere so the sportswriters could decide it. They had a knack for doing that back then.

However, had Robinson been healthy? Odds are John Ward would have said, "the National Champion is clad in Big Orange" a whole lot sooner than he did. But had he still gotten caught in that drug sting? It would have broken our hearts even more.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

VN Store

Back