Tossing the cleat

So you randomly bash him for not responding to a bizarre act the way you apparently would? Mmk.

No. The greater debate (which I dont have time for) is real leadership......on a side note, is it important for him to put the ball in the hands of wide open receivers for
#1 touchdowns
#2 firstdowns

Furthermore...
#3 as a "dual threat QB, dont slide one yd. short of a first down
#4) throw the ball into the stands instead of getting sacked...

All this too much to ask of a highly recruited 4 star 4th year SEC QB at the University of Tennessee?

The larger question is: what are your standards for a QB at TN?.........

Last edited:
I wish he'd have taken off his other shoe, and thrown it to the guy holding his first shoe, then continued on until the end of the next play. The Officials would have been forced to do something...

Last edited:
What did you want him to do, punch him?

And his look was more like "WTF, why didn't you throw a flag?"

I would have been satisfied with a little less than a punch........to answer your question.....I've grown weary with this teams approach with playing a football game...perhaps a quick in your face smack talk would have been satisfactory

Reactions: Alto1
One of JGs linemen should have stomped a hole in that boys ass. The fact that we were looking for a flag instead of f’ing someone up is the problem.
That is what I was asking.....I didn't see anything from them....maybe they didn't realize what had happened.....can't see that happening to Tua without all hell breaking loose!!

Not a sissy look, guess we are just looking for anything to criticize him for. JG may be alot of things, a sissy isnt one of them.
Looked more like a what the hell look. Should've been a delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalty

You're right. He showed real leadership, grit, and fight by begging to the refs for a call after someone tossed his cleat......he might have won his team over by his response

The ref stood right there and watched it all go down. How is that not unsportsmanlike, delay of game etc? Is that not an infraction? That being said, it was pretty dang funny to see.

Dont want an unsportsmanlike penalty, but I wish our players had that mormons mentality...

Reactions: Alto1
Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? Would anyone like the leader of their team to at least pretend to get into a scuffle? Seems like a mature team (oline) would have fought this battle for him..#quitlookinglikeasissy

Do you think wide receivers are sissies when they motion like they are throwing a flag, or when Dline feverishly point to movement on the O line?

He is the leader of the offense and people are counting on him. As the leader you don't shove people like an idiot and cost your team a penalty. CEO's don't get into bar fights.

JG was pissed because the player that threw his cleat, showed much better accuracy than JG could muster

Plus, it's not like the opposing player held onto the shoe for an inordinate amount of time like Boy Wonder Blunder. I wonder if he played QB in HS, and is interested in a grad transfer?

Reactions: photovol
Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? Would anyone like the leader of their team to at least pretend to get into a scuffle? Seems like a mature team (oline) would have fought this battle for him..#quitlookinglikeasissy
Yeah if the refs were SEC they would have spent 10 minutes reviewing the tape and called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. JG looked like most people. Where’s the flag look.

You know it’s bad when we sit around crying about a penalty not called early in a game our team lost. I swear we sound more and more like Vandy fans.

That pizzed me off but at the same time I laughed. :p
yes it should have been a delay of game penalty.

I hope one of our lineman throws his shoe into the stands on Saturday so Maurer can run in.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back