Tossing the cleat

Not a sissy look, guess we are just looking for anything to criticize him for. JG may be alot of things, a sissy isnt one of them.
Looked more like a what the hell look. Should've been a delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalty

I'd like to think I was valuable enough to my team where I wouldn't get ejected, but I would at least find a way to voice my displeasure in the obvious disrespect
The upside to that is we would’ve gotten to see a backup by default. Truth is this team doesn’t seem to feel that way about JG. He takes multiple cheap shots. Gets the look of defeat in his eyes and puts them in tough situations. Not once have I seen a team member come to his aid like most players do for their QBs. This isn’t a new issue we’re witnessing with him. It’s ongoing and amplified

The upside to that is we would’ve gotten to see a backup by default. Truth is this team doesn’t seem to feel that way about JG. He takes multiple cheap shots. Gets the look of defeat in his eyes and puts them in tough situations. Not once have I seen a team member come to his aid like most players do for their QBs. This isn’t a new issue we’re witnessing with him. It’s ongoing and amplified

Man, I agree 100%......this is a topic for another thread......its seems like championship teams put more worth in their leaders.....is JG a leader?

Exactly. In days past one of our nasty o-linemen would have made that guy pay for the dis on the next play.

I would have preferred JG to "gently" shove the culpit....at least to show his displeasure with he who was responsible......not look like a taddle tale.....you millenials kill me..

Easy to appear the keyboard tough guy while anonymously typing away, safely ensconced with your milk 'n' cookies in Mom's she shed.

Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? #quitlookinglikeasissy
Thats really your assesment? Im pretty sure he was wondering what the heck just happened and what was he supposed to do and why no one cared. Seriously dude you look for every possible reason to trash the guy, dont you?

Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? #quitlookinglikeasissy
Thats really your assesment? Im pretty sure he was wondering what the heck just happened and what was he supposed to do and why no one cared. Seriously dude you look for every possible reason to trash the guy, dont you?

Easy to appear the keyboard tough guy while anonymously typing away, safely ensconced with your milk 'n' cookies in Mom's she shed.

I said "gently"....I'm sure you would have preferred delicate? I'll be more understanding of a more sensitive commentary next time...Your sticking with the argument that JG is gritty, tough, and a player a team wants to rally behind...?

Last edited:
Exactly. In days past one of our nasty o-linemen would have made that guy pay for the dis on the next play.
I coached a team a few years ago and during a playoff game our RB was horse collared right in front of a ref and knocked him out. No flag was thrown. Needless to say afterward we had a few ejections, the game was eventually paused for a coach/ ref conference and i was told my boys are playing to rough. My response was “I’ve done what I can to calm them down but YOU blew the call. Now from my point of view they are playing the way they were coached. To hit hard. If you’re now concerned for those boys safety I have to admit.... so am I.” They finished the game on a running clock.

If you really thought about it though, let’s say that happened. A decent defense only gives up 10 points off of 3 turnovers. A good one 7. A great one 3. We are in the decent category imo. So give them another 10 points and us another 21 and we win. 😁

And by a decent margin. We have got to score more points than we ever have with jg. We just don't score enough to win with jg

Maybe Zac Dawe will enter the transfer portal and we can recruit him as a QB.

Not every reason....I would only like him to make a checkdown completion, throw it to someone in the endzone open, throw the ball away before he takes a huge loss, chew someone's butt.......you know, what great QBs do....(hes been at TN 4 years)

I may do it. But right now it’ll just turn into another JG bash fest. Hes getting enough of that everywhere else.

IMO, JG is great on paper and he might even get a good draft grade for the NFL.....but I dont think hes demonstrated the #1 and #2 qualities.......leading your team.......winning football games

Nope. Just want him to inspire an offense to beat teams like GA ST and BYU

IMO, JG is great on paper and he might even get a good draft grade for the NFL.....but I dont think hes demonstrated the #1 and #2 qualities.......leading your team.......winning football games
I actually think the qb gets unfair judgment when his TEAM doesn’t play winning football. There are plenty of qbs that have terrible defenses. But you can tell when a qb himself is playing winning football and so far I haven’t seen that from JG. I obviously agree with the lack of leadership as well though. Last year the o line took the same amount of criticism JG is facing now. He could’ve won them over by simply telling the truth in any interviews and said “ look media.... a lot of the sacks and pressures are on me as well” but he never did and I’m sure that would’ve upset me a bit if I were one of them.

VN Store

Back