Tosh Lupoi

Wasn't Sherrer the lead recruiter for Jay Hardy? Lefty's comment above might explain the reason we lost Jay Hardy to Allbarn. Coaches today have to do both, coach AND recruit so I'd trade Rocker for Topoi anyday.

Let’s say Auburn gets mashed at home vs GA and vs Bama. Would Hardy change his mind?

Reactions: preacherwebb
I don’t know... I would think TL would at the very least be in line for a DC position somewhere. I’m also in the camp that wants to keep our staff intact. I think they’ve come a long way with our guys and they’ve been the real key to turning our season around.

CJP sounds like he thinks recruiting is a little more important than coaching in building a strong roster.

Yep. I would rather have a good coach like Chaney and have others that are recruiters do the recruiting.
Tosh does both well. Better at OLB’s technically, but can bring anybody. Bammers get butthurt that Saban overpromoted him to DC to retain him and he had to go pro to save face. His linebackers at Washington AND Cal were developed top notch.

OK OK OK! Both sides of this issue make some sense. How 'bout we just chillax, rest in the assurance that CJP will keep making the most intuitive moves in this marvelous project that he's handling so well. Didn't he "remove" the players who lacked championship attitudes? Didn't he hang in with JG when most of us considered him a bust? Hasn't the team improved drastically this season's second half; giving us Volnationals real hope that our Vols are moving back into prominence? I think that if this coach does become available, then CJP can bring him into Knoxville...if he so chooses. Pruit's got some exciting stuff happening in Big Orange Country. Let's face it: It's more prudent to trust the bona fide experts on this. GBO!

Good recruiter (though he's never been on a staff without other good recruiters); craptactular coach.
Good recruiter? Lol. And please show me all the “good recruiters” that were at Cal Berkeley with him. It’s not a coincidence that Cal’s top five recruiting class went to hell within 48 hours of him leaving for Seattle.

I don’t know... I would think TL would at the very least be in line for a DC position somewhere. I’m also in the camp that wants to keep our staff intact. I think they’ve come a long way with our guys and they’ve been the real key to turning our season around.
You don’t have to get rid of anyone on the defensive staff to bring Tosh aboard. Right now there’s an imbalance to the staff with 6 offensive coaches and 4 defensive ones. Fire Weinke, which should be a no brainer, and let Chaney coach Quarterbacks. That frees up a spot that you could use on the defensive side.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
DL recruiting definitely needs a boost, but our guys have been coached up.

I can see Ansley and Winkie leaving. The way pruitt screams at them during games may be the tell tell sign. I like pruitt, but I think his style of coaching isn't for everyone.

I can see Ansley and Winkie leaving. The way pruitt screams at them during games may be the tell tell sign. I like pruitt, but I think his style of coaching isn't for everyone.

Like those locker room tumors who were recently deposed to the transfer portal?

VN Store

Back