Tosh Lupoi

bye sherrer and rocker
I work at a HS and Sherrer came by last season to visit a recruit. I met him and thought, “wow this dude has the most boring personality. I can’t imagine a kid would like him.” That student ended up at Georgia Tech.

Reactions: livefaith
If the Cleveland Browns fire their head coach Kitchens. It probaly will happen. I think Pruitt should go after one of his coaches, Tosh Lupoi. He worked with Pruitt at Alabama, and was one of Bama's top recruiters.
He wasn’t just One of Bama’s top recruiters, he’s the best recruiter in the country. If you have a chance to add him to the staff, then you do whatever you need to do to get him here.

If the Cleveland Browns fire their head coach Kitchens. It probaly will happen. I think Pruitt should go after one of his coaches, Tosh Lupoi. He worked with Pruitt at Alabama, and was one of Bama's top recruiters.

Sooooooooooooo, Freddie isn't going to be fired after one year.

But, if the Patriots fire Belichick, I think we should add him to the staff.

He wasn’t just One of Bama’s top recruiters, he’s the best recruiter in the country. If you have a chance to add him to the staff, then you do whatever you need to do to get him here.
Him leaving 'Bama for the Browns is the exact reason Henry T. chose the Vols. Doubt we have room for another DC type coach of his calibre.

Reactions: bpalmer28
You beat me to it, Tosh is a possibility if staff is looking at a change.

Yeah... Unfortunately you best believe every staff in the country wants to hire that guy. Hopefully he and Pruitt were besties at Bama.

Reactions: PA Vol
I imagine we would have a lot of competition for him if he did become available.

That's the rumor, because he isn't an elite recruiter. Imo there has to be some balance. Be has done a great job with that unit this year. Hate to loae a good coach. Not every coach can be a Pruitt or Nieds.

Exactly. Keep all our coaches on board. For the first time in years we are beginning to look like a team that will be able to compete and be a top tier team because of athlete development. Time to give these coaches their due praise for the job they have done. We'd be crazy to start this now. These kids need stability and we know they can develop talent. What they have did with these kids in a short amount of time has been awesome.

You won't find any Bama fans who would have an issue with UT making that hire.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I work at a HS and Sherrer came by last season to visit a recruit. I met him and thought, “wow this dude has the most boring personality. I can’t imagine a kid would like him.” That student ended up at Georgia Tech.

Wasn't Sherrer the lead recruiter for Jay Hardy? Lefty's comment above might explain the reason we lost Jay Hardy to Allbarn. Coaches today have to do both, coach AND recruit so I'd trade Rocker for Topoi anyday.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Wasn't Sherrer the lead recruiter for Jay Hardy? Lefty's comment above might explain the reason we lost Jay Hardy to Allbarn. Coaches today have to do both, coach AND recruit so I'd trade Rocker for Topoi anyday.

Why would we fire Rocker?? His group has outperformed its talent level, he wasn’t Hardy’s primary recruiter, and Tosh has coached LBs previously. Sherrer or Rumph should be the one to hit the road. If it’s Rumph they can offer Tosh the Co-DC position.

VN Store

Back